PDA

View Full Version : Discs and pads

ANTHONY
17-02-2006, 10:05 PM
i'm in the middle of changing my discs and pads the rear ones are done but i'm having a bit of bother with the front. i got new pads and discs to suit my car from the shop vir my vin mumber for a 2.0 sport, but it turns out that they dont fit. so i need pads for 2.5 v6.... looks like mitibushi changed the calipers on a sport./pan.............. i'v just had a thought if i need 2.5 v6 pads will i also need 2.5 v6 discs?/help

ANTHONY
20-02-2006, 08:46 PM
all pads and disc's now done :2thumbsup ....but i did have a problem with the front disc's as well. it turns out that the discs are also bigger than they should be./Grrr so had to take off the old ones then order some more. now i have to return the ones that should have fitted./pan

g6acb
20-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Are these the Brembo discs mentioned in your 'garage write-up', any chance you could post part numbers so same mistake is not repeated as I think my current pads could be the last for my discs!!:anxious: :anxious:

ANTHONY
20-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Are these the Brembo discs mentioned in your 'garage write-up', any chance you could post part numbers so same mistake is not repeated as I think my current pads could be the last for my discs!!:anxious: :anxious:
the rear disc's where ok. part# 08.8316.010 but the front disc's part# 09.7043.10 where to small i had to get some other make but cannot remember the name, as brembo did not do the right size........ the rear EBC green stuff pads where ok part# DP2738 but had to get bigger front pads they should have been DP2830 but i had to get EBC green stuff DP21614. the motor factors informed me that between 2000/2003 there was a change over period and all sorts where fitted to the front ....hope this helps........also see kieran link ..http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7334

g6acb
21-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the info, ABE//sport, Hope the new brakes settle in ok...

I have just had a sniff around t'internet and I think i am on top of this now..... post 2001 2.0 16v, and 2.4 GDI got brakes uprated to v6-24 size but true to form Mitsu gave it a different part no :rolleyes4

When i get my scribblings in some order I will add to / pass on to Isaac for his GLS Brake thread in the members section

PS do you know how many miles the discs you replaced had done?

ANTHONY
21-02-2006, 07:03 PM
PS do you know how many miles the discs you replaced had done?
34000 miles

Nick Mann
21-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Best bet is to phone Mitsy with your chassis number and ask them to confirm what size your discs are. Then get the pads to match. I had a similar problem with my V6-24 and that was a 1998 (S).

soapy1978
23-02-2006, 02:41 AM
is there anyone out there that does a bigger set of disk and calippers for the per face lft vr4 as i got more power than standard and still on standrard disk and pads please help if anyonme knows where i can get ungrades from

darren

Wodjno
23-02-2006, 07:38 AM
You can do it this way ?

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11543&highlight=brembos

or this way

http://www.kad-uk.com/mitsubishi_brake_upgrades.htm Approx £1200-£1500 or more dependent on Wheel size

ANTHONY
23-02-2006, 08:22 AM
try here they are only in dartford not far from you...http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/

WildCards
23-02-2006, 12:34 PM
I've heard bad things about KAD and HiSpec and have been tolf to go to AP or Brembo for a brake upgrade. Not that i'm doing it anytime soon.

Anyone got first hand experience?

HJM
23-02-2006, 05:31 PM
I've heard bad things about KAD and HiSpec and have been tolf to go to AP or Brembo for a brake upgrade. Not that i'm doing it anytime soon.

Anyone got first hand experience?

Have no complaints whatsoever about our KADS (other than the price, obviously) - they are fantastic brakes - on the road and especially on the track.

Have heard some very dodgy reports of HiSpec service - personally, I would have to go with the KADS - so whats the bad things you have heard about them :inquisiti

J :happy:

Spirit
23-02-2006, 06:18 PM
I have KADs, and although I had an issue when they supplied 30mm wide discs instead of 28mm ones once, they did replace my calipers for brand new ones at the time (had a hair line crack) under warranty and even got the powdercoated black FOC.........

More importantly they do the job.......especially on track :2thumbsup