PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Springs

Wodjno
18-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Anyone ever tried these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03-MITSUBISHI-GALANT-COILOVER-SPRINGS-WARRANTY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQitemZ80 39755953

Do you think they are any good or total ****e :thinking:

ghanda
18-02-2006, 04:06 PM
X3 short-shipped me a while ago, and I'm in dispute with them.

Anyway, they won't fit a 4WD I'm afraid.

I've just fitted the Tein lowering springs from Camskill and highly rate them.

Wodjno
18-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Anyway, they won't fit a 4WD I'm afraid.

How so Gary :thinking: What differences are there between the 2wd and
4wd springs. :thinking2

Spirit
18-02-2006, 09:01 PM
I also remember Bilstein listed different springs for the VR4 compared to the standard Galant....so I would guess there is a difference....will take a looky

Wodjno
18-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Is it just a weight difference ?

Reason being is i don't want them to be to hard. Just a Tad Lower.

Spirit
18-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Right, here's some info on Bilstein's shocks - of course the B12 kit is the one to go for ! :

B6 Sports: VR4 part nos: (F) BE5-2582 / (R) BE3-2583

The shock absorber for those drivers who prefer a sports suspension but are not particularly interested in lowering the body. Also available in special design complete with reservoir for off-road vehicles.

No risk, more fun
For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it. The theme of the discussion here is the sports suspension. The BILSTEIN B6 Sports shock absorber is the ideal solution for drivers revelling in the understatement . The wolf in sheep's clothing snarls, when necessary, but otherwise goes reliably about its work in daily traffic with no lowering of the body whatsoever.

Optimum road holding, enhanced tracking stabilisation and excellent damping force: the BILSTEIN B6 Sports is not only first choice as far as sports tuning is concerned but also in the sphere of safety.

B8 Sprint: VR4part nos: (F) BE5-6746 / (R) BE3-6747

The shortened, high-performance shock absorber for lowered sports cars.

Lower doesn't automatically mean better. Not the appearance of the car determines its quality but the optimal tuning of suspension, springs and shock absorbers. With this in mind BILSTEIN has specially developed the B8 Sprint for cars with lowered bodies.

The shortened version represents the ideal pendant to suspension optimisation for nearly all sets of springs. Fast track changing at high speed, gobbling up uneven road surfaces, ironing out cross washboard surfaces ...The BILSTEIN B8 Sprint not only let's you look good but, above all, it gives you an excellent ride.

B12 Kit: VR4 part no: SE5-8841

Four high-performance shock absorbers with springs from a single source. Optimally tuned in road tests, and available at a favourable package price.

The formula for pure driving enjoyment is very simple: 4 x B8 Sprint + 4 x springs = the BILSTEIN B12 Tuning Kit. Highly efficient shock absorbers and springs from a single source, optimally tuned in road tests, first-class BILSTEIN quality: and all this at an unbeatable package price.

If you want to see some performance comparisons then look here: http://www2.bilstein.de/en/produkte/wettbewerbsvergleich.php3

Kieran
18-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Anyone ever tried these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03-MITSUBISHI-GALANT-COILOVER-SPRINGS-WARRANTY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQitemZ80 39755953

Do you think they are any good or total ****e :thinking:

The fact that is says 99-03 suggests that these springs are for the US-Spec Galant, not the UK one. Gary has confirmed that they don't fit anyway, but always be wary of Galant stuff on ebay with that age-range....

Smokinmasta2
13-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I've just fitted the Tein lowering springs from Camskill and highly rate them.

Do they fit saloon as well as the Leggie do you know??

Ta

caishanvr4
14-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Spirit

The formula for pure driving enjoyment is very simple: 4 x B8 Sprint + 4 x springs = the BILSTEIN B12 Tuning Kit. Highly efficient shock absorbers and springs from a single source, optimally tuned in road tests, first-class BILSTEIN quality: and all this at an unbeatable package price.

Ok Spirit, im nearly sold price dependant:happy:
HOW MUCH:speechles

thehedgepig
24-03-2006, 11:03 PM
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/bilstein-suspension.htm

£460 inc VAT

THEY DONT LIST THE LEGGIE THOUGH, MORE INVESTIGATION REQUIRED ME THINKS

Smokinmasta2
24-03-2006, 11:16 PM

Is the VR4 chassis a E50? im just after some springs...............!!!

ANTHONY
27-03-2006, 11:14 PM
can you please say what lowering will do for the car .:speechles ..........(i'm trying to sell the idea to my other half so we need it to be good)/pan

richy rich
27-03-2006, 11:46 PM
can you please say what lowering will do for the car .:speechles ..........(i'm trying to sell the idea to my other half so we need it to be good)/pan
make it lower/pan

Spirit
27-03-2006, 11:51 PM

£460 inc VAT

THEY DONT LIST THE LEGGIE THOUGH, MORE INVESTIGATION REQUIRED ME THINKS

It's £460 + vat not inc.

You will have to get the VR4 ones imported from Germany, so contact Eurocarparts - and I am guessing at £600 approx.

Kieran
27-03-2006, 11:58 PM

You want good reasons? Well, here you go.

The Sport suspension setup as standard, is rubbish. No, really.

When I did Hordak, I was really worried at first - I changed both shocks and springs and went with non-progressive (harder) H&R Springs rather than Eibachs I also fitted Bilstein Shocks.

They instantly transformed the car. Before, Hordak would bounce all over the shop when asked to deal with frequent, sharp bumps, he would pitch on acceleration and dive on braking, and lean into corners. Strangely though, the suspension always felt 'crashy' over harsh bumps.

With the new stuff on board - the ride was initally ROCK HARD, untill the shocks and springs had bedded in - this took about 500 miles. I suffer with back trouble, and at first I was worried about it being too much... but as I say, it settled down.

The big, big benefit was that harsh bumps had the edge taken off them, turn-in was much sharper and crisper, and roll and squat were more or less removed.

Alex actually commented that this made the car feel like it was more 'controlled' and that quick acceleration felt more 'comfortable'. When I asked her to quantify this, she went on to say that the car just felt more in control and better able to cope with the power of the engine, and that whilst the ride was firmer, it wasn't like concrete and was still okay as a passenger.

Smokinmasta2
28-03-2006, 12:38 AM
...................and i stil cannot find anyone to answer the question i asked above??? /pan
Is the VR4 an E50 chassis?? I ONLY WANT SPRINGS to lower my a little bit!!!!
I never had found an answer - all the searches through old threads always end up going off topic and getting messy talking about anything other than the subject!!!! /Grrr
PLEASE someone tell me where - are the springs Camskill do OK for the job????? :inquisiti

WildCards
28-03-2006, 02:24 PM
...................and i stil cannot find anyone to answer the question i asked above??? /pan
Is the VR4 an E50 chassis?? I ONLY WANT SPRINGS to lower my a little bit!!!!
I never had found an answer - all the searches through old threads always end up going off topic and getting messy talking about anything other than the subject!!!! /Grrr
PLEASE someone tell me where - are the springs Camskill do OK for the job????? :inquisiti

The TEIN springs Camskill do should be fine for what you want, Ghanda seems to rate them, and they are TEIN after all, not some crappy sub brand.

Kieran
28-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Is the VR4 an E50 chassis??

No... E50 is the 7G, and a non-Vr4 7g at that. The 8G VR-4 saloon is EC5A.

Jimbo
30-03-2006, 02:12 PM
The TEIN springs Camskill do should be fine for what you want, Ghanda seems to rate them, and they are TEIN after all, not some crappy sub brand.

Has anybody ever fitted the TEIN kit to an 8G VR4 saloon?

As smokin' says, I'm not sure this has ever been catagorically proven, even though the consensus seems to be that there's unlikely to be a difference.....but still, I'd like to know if anybody has them on a saloon - if I had confidence they'd fit, I'd buy some yesterday!

Axeboy
30-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I had them on my last galant... felt great..

Worthwhile if you can get them cheap... but that was shocks and springs.

Smokinmasta2
30-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Has anybody ever fitted the TEIN kit to an 8G VR4 saloon?

As smokin' says, I'm not sure this has ever been catagorically proven, even though the consensus seems to be that there's unlikely to be a difference.....but still, I'd like to know if anybody has them on a saloon - if I had confidence they'd fit, I'd buy some yesterday!

Got a reply from Camskill at last:

Hi John

as long as it a EC5W should do

Nath

So i asked:

Nath - its a EC5A the saloon - i may have few guys from club VR4 interested.
Are you willing to do a sale or return so that way the club can do a group buy or something?
Perhaps a few sets at a go?

Thanks, John

ghanda
30-03-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=106

Only picture I've got as the car has been off the road for 4 weeks now...

Kieran
30-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Only picture I've got as the car has been off the road for 4 weeks now...

Mmmmmmm?:inquisiti:inquisiti:inquisiti

Jimbo
30-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Are you willing to do a sale or return so that way the club can do a group buy or something?

Good idea mate, I'll get an email sent to them as well - hopefully we'll get an answer one way or another :)

Axeboy
30-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Would it be worth asking them if they could offer a club discount?

I mean, they are trying to move into the vr4 market...