PDA

View Full Version : So new I haven't got one yet!

mrdmoore
18-02-2006, 02:34 PM
I saw one of these visions yesterday and I want one!!
Now I used to have a Volvo V70 T5, is this one as good on power as the Volvo?
I assume it is with twin turbos,
I have an Alfa 156 T Spark at the moment, not long sold an FTO. Is the auto gearbox on the Legnum the same as the FTO?

The only problem now is persuading my wife that this is only an estate... That and the nearest one for sale is 40 miles away at South West Imports (near Plymouth -

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=LEGNUM&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=tr13jz&miles=40&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3

)
Which is best Manual or Auto?

Sorry about the questions but if I buy it will need to be a good one.

Cheers

BraindG
18-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Which is best Manual or Auto?

/Wyhy - good question :) - covered plenty of times :)

welcome to club :2thumbsup

Wodjno
18-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Before you rush in to buying 1 from a garage. Take a look on the site cos there are quite a few up for sale at the Mo. Can't remember them all but if you shout loud enough i'm sure they will come forward. Also you will be able to see a bit of history on the car and also know that it's been serviced regurlarly by a loving owner.

Heres a couple but there Galants

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13141

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12003

thecustomer
18-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi
I'm a relative newcomer myself, having just done 3 tankfulls in a '96 Legnum type S.

If I remember rightly, the main think with the Volvo was that it struggled to put down its power, & had a choppy ride. If the two cars you've found are on standard 16" wheels, & have AYC fitted, then you'll find you can actually use all the power, even when going round corners, without your good lady being bounced into the back seat.

The auto box is a tiptronic - which suits me just fine. YMMV!
Manuals are as rare as hen's teeth.

If you're buying from a dealer/trader, see if you can't ge tthe warranty extended - Mitsubishis don't break often, but when they do, the parts are vr4ry expensive.

hth

Will

Kieran
18-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Now I used to have a Volvo V70 T5, is this one as good on power as the Volvo?
I assume it is with twin turbos,
I have an Alfa 156 T Spark at the moment, not long sold an FTO. Is the auto gearbox on the Legnum the same as the FTO?

Hmm! Many questions! Welcome to the Club!:2thumbsup

Okay. As has already been said, the VR-4 can get it's power to the black stuff with MUCH more conviction than the torque-steering, tyre shredding monster that is the T5. And the VR-4 has always felt quicker than my uncle's one.... But never gone at him since I've had the VR-4.

The unit is a Twin turbo - not sequential tho - they both come on boost together, so you get a surge in power like a big V8, rather than a sluggish start followed by a sledgehammer in the back!

The Autobox is similar - a 5 speed tip and (when behaving) is very, very smooth.:happy:

Hope this helps!