PDA

View Full Version : My Legnum

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:11 PM
My pride & Joy.

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Wouldn't you move over when you see this in your rear view mirror?

SGHOM
28-09-2003, 10:13 PM
are you bringing it to santa pod ???

Spirit
28-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by wirdy
Wouldn't you move over when you see this in your rear view mirror?

Not me personally, I would just give you a race :D

Car looks a stunner though mate :cool1:

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:18 PM
The view most other road users get of our cars!

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Rear 3/4. The best view angle.

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:21 PM
AVS - INSERT INTO post VALUES (Advanced Vehicle Systems)? Model 7. 17" alloys. Were on it when purchased. I'm dreading the day I kerb one 'cos I can only find them on japanese websites!.

SGHOM
28-09-2003, 10:26 PM
sweeeeet !!!!!!!!! a new number plate would look cool though !! have you searched for W1 RDY ??:D :D

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Would like to detail under here further but haven't had the time. I've recently fitted a new Ex-Vauxhall Astra battery insulating jacket, it looks good. I also have a Kenlowe Hotstart system sat in my spare bedroom awaiting fitting. I've done a dry run and need to fabricate some extention pipes INSERT INTO post VALUES (copper or alloy?) as there's not a lot of room under the air flow meter. Guess these things are normally fitted to big 4X4's, so I'll need to put some time into a professional installation. Should be nice on those cold winter mornings though, I'll keep the forum info'd on progress, when I get round to it!.

Spirit
28-09-2003, 10:28 PM
I had the same trouble mate, mine came with Hokuto Racing wheels INSERT INTO post VALUES (made by Crimson Wheels in Japan) and could only find them on Jap sites too.

Solved that problem now though - have fitted OZ Racing Superleggera's :D

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Not really my cup of tea, but the pedals were on when purchased and they've kinda grown on me.

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:30 PM
The neighbours say I'm sad for polishing the SS backbox after every wash, but hey, you can't get a shine like mine off their mondeo's / Astra's / Vectra back boxes!

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Don't care what anyone else thinks. I like the rear plate and I've always liked a plate that fills the 'ole in the bumper/ tailgate. This one is a slightly modified Rover 75 item INSERT INTO post VALUES (only £6 dearer than a standard plate). Just take 10-15 mm off the edges with a band saw and 'roberts your dad's bother'.

Spirit
28-09-2003, 10:35 PM
The neighbours say I'm sad for polishing the SS backbox after every wash

That's because the neighbour's are jealous mate :D

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Sorry, interlec. I got your reply 20 mins ago but I was on a roll with the pics and didn't want to stop!.

So, Santa Pod?
What's the format?, what's going on that day?, where is Santa Pod? Do they welcome kids INSERT INTO post VALUES (I'm a single Dad- so 6 yr old daughters have to be welcomed at all my weekend pursuits!)
I've never been to Santa Pod, have seen on the telly etc, so would like to go. Is this an impromptu VR-4 outing?

wirdy
28-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Yes Interlec, Re: number plate "WIRDY".
I spent two and a half hours pressing the phone redial button to DVLA select on the day the "W" plates were issued INSERT INTO post VALUES (Jan '01) and succeeded in getting the plate. I thought it would have gone by then but it was still available so I bought it. Yes, a non justifiable purchase to our women folk, but hey, we'd just had a bond mature and it was my share of the money I invested in the plate anyway. It didn't stop the grief though!!
That's a long story but no wife now, so no further problem with plate, other than I kept it on transfer for a year. Then my Dad bought a new pug 205 so I've let him have temporary custody of thr plate until I replace the VR-4 with a newer model that is legally allowed to wear the plate. Probably in two years time when I've paid off the car loan!. It's a shame, it would look lovely on the VR-4!! Bloody DVLA rules!

SGHOM
28-09-2003, 10:55 PM
I waited 7 years to find the plate L12 TEW. it was either never issued, or someone owned it. when it came up for sale on www.newreg.co.uk I grabbed it !! not from them but direct from DVLA for £250 all in !!:D :D [ my wifes name is LIZ TEW ]

Brind
28-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Very nice car mate!!

I think you'll find most of us here polish our exhausts, I use Brasso and it comes up a treat.

Look for more info about Pod in the events section, anyone is welcome.

BraindG
28-09-2003, 11:28 PM
Not really my cup of tea, but the pedals were on when purchased and they've kinda grown on me.

i had them on my first vr4... had to take them off as i was hitting the brake, and accelerator at the same time :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

zedy1
28-09-2003, 11:36 PM
nice car m8

peterernest
03-11-2003, 06:43 AM
You have a manual VR4?

Am I right in assuming that most of us have TipTronic?

zedy1
03-11-2003, 09:47 AM
most of us do have triptronic pete

Kieran
03-11-2003, 07:46 PM
...I also have a Kenlowe Hotstart system sat in my spare bedroom awaiting fitting. I've done a dry run and need to fabricate some extention pipes INSERT INTO post VALUES (copper or alloy?) as there's not a lot of room under the air flow meter. Guess these things are normally fitted to big 4X4's, so I'll need to put some time into a professional installation. Should be nice on those cold winter mornings though, I'll keep the forum info'd on progress, when I get round to it!.

Any movement on this yet?
How easy/hard are they to fit, and how do they work - I presume a heater element + pump working from the battery??