PDA

View Full Version : Teins and the EDFC

VR4 MAD
22-02-2006, 01:01 AM
/help Has anyone, who has Tein coilovers on their VR4, successfully fitted and using the Tein EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) unit on their VR4 saloon or Legnum? Specifically I'm wondering if it fits the EC5A.:speechles

Secondly, of those members who have EDFC fitted, what type of Tein dampers did you fit it to?:inquisiti

I have asked Tein Japan if the 'HA' damper can have the EDFC fitted but there reply was - "Unfortunately we have not test fitted EDFC kit on Type HA (EC5A VR4), therefore we cannot guarantee fitment." Well that didn't help much/pan They don't say it won't fit, only they haven't tried to fit an EDFC unit................????

Any help or input would be appreciated as I'm just bl**dy confused and don't want to waste my time (and money) on something that won't fit an EC5A or won't work with the HA's/Grrr

Cheers
Wynn

You See
22-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Don't know myself, but the EDFC are a damn good idea...tho damn expensive! ...Buy it and if it doesn't work I'll buy if off ya for half the price! :P

VR4 MAD
22-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Now there's a good idea. Why didn't I think of that./pan /pan :evilgrin:

You See
22-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Since you're a member, I'll cut you a deal...let me take it off ya hands for nothing! :P

MR.VOODOO
22-02-2006, 10:25 AM
i sold richie elliot here in the uk , i think he has fitted them ..... pm him

VR4 MAD
22-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Just hoping some of our UK members see this thread as there have been several talking about fitting one of these units but i'm not sure that there's room under the bonnet for the little motors to fit on top of the suspension turrets and clear the bonnet lining.

As I've never had the back seat of the saloon out I've no idea what space/clearances there are back there on top of the rear suspension tops.

Hope someone can help.

MR.VOODOO
22-02-2006, 10:34 AM
i will reing tein today in the uk
i sold richie elliot a set for his legnum 2 months ago.....

Wodjno
22-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Are the Legnum ones compatible with the Galant. ??

VR4 MAD
22-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Mr Voodoo, that would be really good. Not sure what they may say but I e-mailed Tein Japan and they replied "Unfortunately we have not test fitted EDFC on Type HA (EC5A VR4), therefore we cannot gurantee fitment."/Grrr

We'll that wasn't a whole lot of help really, as they didn't say whether it would or wouldn't fit, just that they haven't tried./pan /pan /help

I have found several references on the internet of people fitting EDFC to Type HA dampers so that part may not be an issue, but it's now whether there's room for the EDFC on an EC5A.:thinking: :inquisiti

MR.VOODOO
22-02-2006, 11:33 AM
legnum and galant basically the same
they do have a diffrent part number and tein inofrm me this is because of the spring rate being higher for the estate car

Wodjno
22-02-2006, 11:48 AM
legnum and galant basically the same
they do have a diffrent part number and tein inofrm me this is because of the spring rate being higher for the estate car

Thats as i thought.. :happy: Where the problem might lie with the EDFC though on the Galant is is the area to where it is going to fitrestrcted any on the Galant, obviously it should only affect the rear shocks ..:thinking: