PDA

View Full Version : bluey got stacked!!!!!

bluey
23-02-2006, 06:07 AM
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
going to get some xrays done (fell down the stairs), cruisin along gt nrth road. I heard a god almighty bang, car veered off to the left - and decided to pash the pole!!!!!!

Damage: front fecked, bonnet, guards, bumper, mags (only 2 but then the towy killed the others), superficial chasis damage.............

Damage to me: NADA!

Lower ball joint collapsed! Just repaired the other side yesterday, and the other side obviously got pissed off he didn't get replaced to!!!!

Photo will be posted asap!
Time to take her off the road, and spend millions on it! yeha
Hopefully in 6 months you'll see a fully overhauled leggy! ready to show.....

Kenneth
23-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Sorry to hear it Bluey, glad you are ok though!

Heres fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, good luck!

bradc
23-02-2006, 07:13 AM
That really sucks Amber, my heart really goes out to you and your beautiful car. As long as you are ok I guess the car can be repaired.

Aren't the ball joints on the recall list? You should get mitsi to pay for all the repair work needed.

bluey
23-02-2006, 08:05 AM
That really sucks Amber, my heart really goes out to you and your beautiful car. As long as you are ok I guess the car can be repaired.

Aren't the ball joints on the recall list? You should get mitsi to pay for all the repair work needed.

Serious? We thought it was just the brakes that were on the recall list. Hmmm, will investigate though!

GroundControl
23-02-2006, 10:41 AM
d'oh that sucks, you car is (was :() a very good looking vr4
good to hear no injuries though

BraindG
23-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Eeekkk - what happened? puncture?

Kieran
23-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Lower balljoint collapsed? That's the balljoint that's subject to the recall isn't it?

bradc
23-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Thats what I was thinking Kieran, she probably has recourse with mitsi

OSiRiS
23-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Good bye bluey!

It'll probably come back red, or some sort of green and blue pearl... ;) ;) ;)

bluey
24-02-2006, 03:19 AM
you know this!!!
She gonna come back bigger, better, and way phatter than before.......in about 10 years time :)
Nah, rebuild on!!!!!!! After we tie the knot it's all on!:2thumbsup

OSiRiS
24-02-2006, 03:30 AM
LOL it's almost sounding like an inconvenience. After we tie the knot it's all on hehehe :P

I don't think the blue whale can come back bigger than before, I mean, it was big enough for goodness sake :P

KiwiTT
24-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Ouch !!! SAw your car on the weekend.

Glad you are OK. Keep us informed.

bluey
24-02-2006, 06:00 AM
LOL it's almost sounding like an inconvenience. After we tie the knot it's all on hehehe :P

I don't think the blue whale can come back bigger than before, I mean, it was big enough for goodness sake :P

Not inconvenience, just something we were wantin' to do for a long time, BRING ON THE HONEYMOON! hahahaha
The blue whale is definatley coming back bigger than before, the plans have begun (got no car now so plenty of time to plan).

[stackd our red mazda today!/pan

Jez our luck just gets better and better. Might go and buy a lotto now!

BraindG
24-02-2006, 08:25 AM
What!? - you malki'd a mazda aswell? - what ever you do, don't touch anything electrical!.. seriously though, thats crap news.

bluey
24-02-2006, 09:15 AM
I didn't fluff the MAZDA! It wasn't me driving. Theres only one thing to do at a time like this....................../Grrr
Always look on the bright side of life.... du du, du du du du du du

jayjay99
24-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Aww, sorry to hear that, glad you're ok though. How bad does it look, got any pictures of the damage?

Louis
24-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi, Just a quickie, I had a bash a week after I asked mitsy dealer about the brake recall and they said it was ok to drive, brakes didn,t slow me down as quick as they should have, pedal went to floor, front end damage.
I told mitsy customer service and after a few phone calls and emails they arranged all the repair work and paint free of charge.
So if your car was subject to the balljoint recall, and it was the cause of the crash, you should call them and see what they say, worth a try, cheers and good luck, Louis

Munta
24-02-2006, 07:29 PM
gutted to hear this was a mint car saw it a couple of times

ShadyNZer
25-02-2006, 02:40 AM
ratsh!t bolts...

Gly
26-02-2006, 02:49 AM
well,
i just checked on the japneese mitsi site and according to there recall list my
car need the lower ball joints done!!!

http://u-cfc.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/Recall/resultrecallstatus.do

use babble fish to translate after you enter the chassis number
just cut and paste the results as translating the link will make it not work

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

i have emailed mitsi nz... hopefully i will hear back from them soon.

bluey
26-02-2006, 02:56 AM
Pictures will be here soon. Just taking me a while to get there to take photos of it......heart breaking really!

The thing is, the ball joints were replaced I believe - mechanic changed both of the lower arms..... so not sure whats going on but will find out in more detail.

The tuesday before the crash my left ball joint snapped (luckily while in school car park), the mechanic came out, fixed her up 'she'll be 'right'. Then in the crash looks like the right one has gone nigh nigh's. Still in a bit of shock i guess!!!!!

Flood of tears whenever I see a legnum pass as I'm walking my ass to work!
Hopefully this don't happen to anyone else......it was horrible!

OSiRiS
26-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Will the mechanic be held liable?

Gly
28-02-2006, 06:58 AM
well i heard back from mitsi today,

basically that said, its up to the dealership that sold you the car to fix it as the recall was way back wheneva.

they wont do the work free of charge.

bluey
04-03-2006, 04:56 AM
It's official,
bluey is dead!
Time to move on.... grab the insurance and run.
Car was taken within days to the auction place (jez didn't muck around with that!) wish they were that fast when paying out.

Gly
04-03-2006, 10:05 AM
**** that sucks..

you gonna get another VR4??

didnt think they could take the car with having paid out first??

bradc
04-03-2006, 07:41 PM
That sucks Amber, even though Gly has already asked, are you going to get another VR-4?

i3ooyah
05-03-2006, 12:52 AM
if i was you bluey

i would get a 300c mmmmmmmmmmm and do the same things u did to ur leggy

bluey
05-03-2006, 02:09 AM
well we had all these plans for another leggy, however I kinda owe me fella a car (he sold his holden to come to Korea with me a while ago) so I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to make him a wee bit happy. We're gonna go all out on a Holden instead! So sad, cos leggy's are soooooooooooo sexy!
I'll just suck it in, hey if anyone wants a paint job just remember us!

Kalib: Barry Ryan Panel and Paint, Henderson 09 8385956!

Watch out on the road for a wikid Holden, it will be me brothers or my fellas!

xxx
R.I.P BLUEY :)

ShadyNZer
05-03-2006, 03:15 AM
ratsh!t bolts....

but a holden!!! ahhhh better than a ford i guess :thumbsup:

detonate
13-03-2006, 10:40 AM
:( man, that sounds lame.

But yeah, fully be thankful that it didn't happen on the open road at 100kmh o_0