PDA

View Full Version : FIXED: It all changed about a week ago...

jaimz
23-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, About a week ago the format for the site changed for me in a number of ways: First - I have to enter my password every time I visit the site, and it won't remember my password or keep me logged on. Second - similar to jayjay99's problem, my smilies don't work. They appear to the right of the message window, but when I click nothing happens. I can drag them into the window, but then it adds both the smiley and the smiley url. Third - also in the message window, punctuation like quotation marks etc appear as '"' when I preview my message, and all my formatting i.e. returns and stuff disappear too once I preview.. I've checked my options, and have selected the top wysiwyg option for message posting. Did something major change in the site that I didn't pick up on?? Help!! http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/smilies/help.gif /help

BraindG
23-02-2006, 10:11 PM
The entire site was upgraded...
There are several posts here in the bugs forum, that cover it..

Have you tried deleting cookies, and temp files?

jaimz
27-02-2006, 01:33 AM
I'll have a go. Yeah, sorry dude - I saw the new version sticky just this morning..!

BraindG
27-02-2006, 01:35 AM
nps :)

jaimz
06-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Hey dude, Yeah, it seems to be a Firefox issue. I'm running the latest version (1.0.7). I noticed that another dude mentioned Firefox problems, but I couldn't see a direct answer to his query... is there a fix? Just to recap my problems: - Login won't remember me - My message posts lose their formatting, and I can't insert smilies by clicking - If I preview my post, it comes up with the URLs for any smilies rather than the smilies themselves. Thanks in advance my friend. Jaimz

BraindG
07-03-2006, 11:32 AM
did you clear cookies? have you tried using IE? does the problem follow to other browser?

jaimz
07-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah dude, cleared cookies and cache. Problem doesn't occur with Explorer... but I'm pretty much sold on Firefox so I'd rather not change browsers. If it is a Mozilla problem though I wonder why there aren't more smiley and formatless threads being posted. Surely I'm not the only one on Firefox...!? If you're getting problem feedback from other Firefox users, maybe it's worth looking at... if you're not, I'll cope :-) btw the I had no problems with the old VR-4 site with Firefox...

BraindG
07-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Im using Firefox as i type, ive got no problems with it atall.. the other guys that had problems managed to resolve them by clearing cookies, and the like.

im using
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050919 Firefox/1.0.7

jaimz
08-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Hmmm, that's very strange! :inquisiti
Cleared cookies again and it worked. I'll just keep on top of that each time I post.
Thanks for your quick responses and patience dude. :2thumbsup

BraindG
11-03-2006, 01:15 AM
No worries, im glad its all up and running again..