PDA

View Full Version : dash light prob

stokerdognz
26-02-2006, 06:52 AM
hi there

quick question............. i own a 25st v6 auto 96 model......awesome car !!!! hahaha........... the lights on the dash come up but the ones for ayc and tcl and tcl off ... does my model have these or are they just for the vr4 model? the lights have been taken out but the ayc hole in the back of the dash has a lil black sticker over it and if i need these how do i find out if i have the correct diff?? ive replaced the lights with new ones but still dont come on when the ignition comes on ..... /help

bradc
26-02-2006, 06:58 AM
no str's have ayc, so that is a little strange. A possible explanation is that the previous owner liked the VR-4 high vis dash and replaced the stock one with one from a VR-4. Does your dash have the VR-4 logo written on it or covered up?

mpau009
26-02-2006, 07:03 AM
hi there

quick question............. i own a 25st v6 auto 96 model......awesome car !!!! hahaha........... the lights on the dash come up but the ones for ayc and tcl and tcl off ... does my model have these or are they just for the vr4 model? the lights have been taken out but the ayc hole in the back of the dash has a lil black sticker over it and if i need these how do i find out if i have the correct diff?? ive replaced the lights with new ones but still dont come on when the ignition comes on ..... /help

Hi, as far as i am aware none of the non VR4 models have AYC. If yours does the fluid reservior would be in the right rear quarter behind the carpet panel that allows access to the rear light.

Also if you have TCL, there will be a black button to the right of the steering wheel on the dash.

It sounds like maybe your car has a dash from a different car, if it has all the lights and stuff. It might pay to check that the odometer hasn't been tampered with, cause definately none of the STs, or ST-Rs i have seen or driven have had AYC...

Damm.. beaten by bradc again

stokerdognz
26-02-2006, 07:13 AM
wow awesome response guys!! thanks .... car has standard dash yep that answers all my questions ive been lookin for , i heard about that resovior but mine hasnt got itdamn it lol , been searchn for days . signed newbie and still learnin!! haha ..... awesome fun great drive luvn it!!