PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Sweden!!

Fritzz
27-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi there!

I got myself a Galant vr-4 saloon a few days ago. It´s a Uk-import. I bought it from a friend of mine ("Ollpen" on this forum) . He also have an Legnum Vr4 taken from japan.

I haven´t driven the car yet because it needs to be registrated in sweden before it´s legal to drive it. To have it approved in sweden i also have to change the headlights and the speedometer from Mph to Km/h.

I´m gonna do this in a couple of weeks and then i´m gonna take her for "the virgin ride" :)

I will give you more updates soon, Just wanted to say hello! :)

Excuse me if my english aren´t 100%., hope you´ll survive anyway. :)

Here are some pics of the car (taken by Ollpen):

////
Fredrik

WildCards
27-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Nice pics, nice car. Hope you enjoy her.

and Welcome to the club!

Fritzz
27-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Nice pics, nice car. Hope you enjoy her.

and Welcome to the club!

Thanks. :)

Nick VR4
27-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Welcome To the Forum :2thumbsup

BraindG
27-02-2006, 07:21 PM
/Wyhy - welcome to CVR4 - love the pics!...

bradc
27-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Great car, out of curiousity, what do you need to change about the headlights?

Fritzz
27-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Great car, out of curiousity, what do you need to change about the headlights?

You probably know that we in sweden drive on the right side of the road and got the steeringwheel, pedals etc. on the left side.
What´s wrong about UK/JP headlights is that they point at the wrong direction. Instead of pointing straight ahead and a little beside the road, theyre pointing straight into the cars coming at me on the road. It´s not legal to make people blind... :)

Thats why i have to change them. Hope you understand. ;)

KiwiTT
27-02-2006, 09:28 PM
That is a good safety law. Show's Swedens attitude to road safety. Here in NZ they must be straight ahead, I think.

richy rich
27-02-2006, 09:34 PM
hi and welcome/wave

nice pic's of car:2thumbsup

as for changing the speedo if rallyart do it the same as most import centers in the UK there's a speedo converter and a sticker over the k in kMPH to get MPH.

Fritzz
27-02-2006, 09:35 PM
hi and welcome/wave

nice pic's of car:2thumbsup

as for changing the speedo if rallyart do it the same as most import centers in the UK there's a speedo converter and a sticker over the k in kMPH to get MPH.

Ok, thank you very much for the tip!!! :2thumbsup

KiwiTT: It´s a very good safety law indeed, but it means that i have to buy new headlights. I called Mitsubishi here in Sweden and they wanted a shocking 600£/pair for them! I´m gonna check if i can find it cheaper from ebay or something like that. :)

WireD
01-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi there!

Tjeena! :D
Øyvind fra norge her!
Jeg vurderer en VR4 også, er du fornøyd med din bil? :happy:

on topic:

OR you can get some of the fella VR4 club members to check the prices in u.k or similar, and send it up to sweeden as a gift.
The parts cant be that big. :happy:

Dream Weaver
01-03-2006, 08:47 AM
You probably know that we in sweden drive on the left side of the road

When I was last there, you drove on the right. Have you changed back again ? :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Only joking, welcome to the wonderful world of the VR-4 !

Fritzz
01-03-2006, 11:02 AM
When I was last there, you drove on the right. Have you changed back again ? :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Only joking, welcome to the wonderful world of the VR-4 !

ooopss /pan

of course i meant right side of the road. :)
Changed it in my previous post.

Fritzz
01-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi there!

Tjeena! :D
Øyvind fra norge her!
Jeg vurderer en VR4 også, er du fornøyd med din bil? :happy:

on topic:

OR you can get some of the fella VR4 club members to check the prices in u.k or similar, and send it up to sweeden as a gift.
The parts cant be that big. :happy:

Hej hej!
Ja aer vaeldigt nöjd!!! ;)

That´s true about the parts, something to think about. :)

Dream Weaver
01-03-2006, 03:01 PM
of course i meant right side of the road.

Well I have come across a few old Swedish drivers who seem to think the change over never happened.

When I was working at Volvo my manager had worked for a Swedish electricity company back in the sixties and he drove a land rover as a power line inspector.

He told me that he was working at the very time of the changeover and it was a weird experience for him.

Apparently most of the public were kept off the road except for police and people like my boss who needed to be on the road.

He said they were all instructed to have the car radio tuned to a certain station and instrctions came over the radio at 5 minutes to midnight to stop driving but keep their engines running, then another instruction at midnight to cross over to the other side, then five minutes later final instruction to drive off on the right.

Strangely enough even though Sweden drove on the left, their vehicles were always LHD so no big problem.

Fritzz
01-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Well I have come across a few old Swedish drivers who seem to think the change over never happened.

When I was working at Volvo my manager had worked for a Swedish electricity company back in the sixties and he drove a land rover as a power line inspector.

He told me that he was working at the very time of the changeover and it was a weird experience for him.

Apparently most of the public were kept off the road except for police and people like my boss who needed to be on the road.

He said they were all instructed to have the car radio tuned to a certain station and instrctions came over the radio at 5 minutes to midnight to stop driving but keep their engines running, then another instruction at midnight to cross over to the other side, then five minutes later final instruction to drive off on the right.

Strangely enough even though Sweden drove on the left, their vehicles were always LHD so no big problem.

Yes, that´s the story i´ve heard from my parents also. :)