PDA

View Full Version : GLS - HT Leads...

I-S
28-02-2006, 09:14 PM
My car needs new HT leads. It has a misfire when damp which is getting progressively worse. I'm fairly sure it's either leads or coils and think the leads are more likely.

However, it seems that no third-party makes HT leads for the EA2 galant. Magnecor don't list them, halfords had nothing nor any alternative part listed.

In fact, the only place where the answer hasn't been a flat "no" was at a mitsubishi dealer, who rubbed their hands with glee (maybe two or three coats... does swarfega get that stuff off?) and quoted me..... £84.64!!!!

That's outrageous for two short HT leads.

So, anyone got a better suggestion? Not interested in s/h parts for this one, these need to be new.

Nick Mann
28-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Take yours off, get a lift to a motor factors and work it out from there?

I-S
01-03-2006, 01:57 PM
woohoo! Found a set at a local trade motor factor (Andrew Page). ADL Blueprint ADC41608 is the part number... later on I guess I'll discover whether they're right. £31.87 inc VAT, which is still pretty steep for HT leads, but better than £85.

I-S
01-03-2006, 08:59 PM
They fitted fine, although it seemed to misfire quite badly to begin with, but then cleared up. Could it be that the ecu takes some time to adjust to the change?

Kieran
01-03-2006, 09:05 PM
They fitted fine, although it seemed to misfire quite badly to begin with, but then cleared up. Could it be that the ecu takes some time to adjust to the change?

(this is a pure guess and could be a load of utter HollyHocks....)

There could be a different resistance across the HT leads Isaac - could have confused the ECU in closed-loop for a short while... What's it like to drive? Is it still okay if you boot it?

I-S
01-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Seems ok... Not sure if I'm misremembering additional smoothness from the past, but tried reseating one of the leads now, and it started up smooth, so will see how it goes. Might reset the ecu if I have any further probs.

I-S
04-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Ok, on thursday evening I gave it a bit of an italian tune-up, and that SEEMS to have sorted things out now (perhaps by giving some info for the ecu to learn from, perhaps dislodging something fouling a plug, etc).

At least I've confirmed that part number should anyone else not wish to be fleeced by a mitsu dealer for HT leads.

ANTHONY
04-03-2006, 06:00 PM
can you submit a photo please. as i proberly have the same on mine.

I-S
04-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Possibly tomorrow, but the ADL part number I posted above is correct.

Big Ian
25-03-2006, 03:53 AM
i got them specially made for my GLS (in work) i bought quality silicone HT lead's and the guy's in work used the end fitting's from my stock lead's ...... but must addmit the stock one's worked better?? ... so when my parent's freind was'nt looking i swapped my modded one's with his stock one's :scholar:

ritch_w
25-03-2006, 10:57 AM
i'm sure you can get "uprated" ones from camskill for the 1.8 fourpot FTO - should be similar?