PDA

View Full Version : One for Kieran.

Brind
30-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Drivers urged to park up to protest

A fuel protester is urging motorists to turn off their engines for one minute on Wednesday to protest against the Treasury decision to raise the price of petrol.

Andrew Spence, spokesman for the People's Fuel Lobby, called on drivers across the British Isles to 'stop for one minute' during morning rush hour tomorrow to show their opposition to the 'excessive taxation.'

Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown announced last Thursday that prices are to increase by 1.28p a litre from 1 October.

Mr Spence led a convoy from northeastern England to No 10 in November 2000 in protest at high fuel prices.

"We are asking the public on Wednesday October 1 that at 8.30am they park up in the road or wherever they are for one minute," Mr Spence said. "In doing this we are sending a clear and direct message to the Government that we will not tolerate this price increase.

"This is a plea to all motorists, hauliers and taxi drivers - whoever is affected by this excessive fuel tax. It is not up to the Government - it is up to the public, it is up to every motorist in the country."

The price increase was introduced in the Budget but it was delayed for six months because of uncertainties in the world oil market.

Kieran
30-09-2003, 02:15 PM
:Ponder: :confused: :confused:

....And why should I be interested in that?....

:devil2: :D:D:D

jtfleming
30-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Brind
Drivers urged to park up to protest

A fuel protester is urging motorists to turn off their engines for one minute on Wednesday to protest against the Treasury decision to raise the price of petrol.

The government will do what they like when they like no matter what you do!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :flamer1: BUT its better than doing nothing...

tunes
30-09-2003, 09:31 PM
How can they even justify a price increase. I have been over to the UK a number of times over the years and prices never fail to scare the **** out of me!

Brind
30-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Kieran
:Ponder: :confused: :confused:

....And why should I be interested in that?....

:devil2: :D:D:D
Hmmm it was just a thought.. ;)

Nothing will stop them from ruining this country more and more, the more they screw us the more we sit back and take it.
What we need is another Guy Fawkes! that guy knew what was going on, and back then you could buy 2,000 pints of beer for the equivalent of 50p!!! imagne what he would have thought to having to pay £2.50 for one pint?! :D