PDA

View Full Version : Bump...For Sale V6-24 - SOLD

Polabear
01-03-2006, 06:52 PM
It is with great sadness that I also now have to sell my V6-24, although a beautiful car it is because of health considerations that I must sell, so here goes......

Very Low Milleage September 97 V6-24 Auto, Fully Loaded, Rohanne Red met, Beige Leather interior, Electrically Adjusted Seats, Heated front Seats,Side Air Bags,6 cd Multichanger, Just been Mot'd Last Week (New Rack Ends for MOT) Auto Box replaced under Red Zebra Warranty, Power Steering Pump replaced under Red Zebra Warranty, Front Discs and Pads Replaced under warranty, Lower Suspension Arms and Ball Joints Replaced under Mitsy Recall, Genuine Mitsy Rear Load Liner, Only mods are K&N panel filter and uprated bulbs, BDA Decat to go with it also,(not fitted as yet) Cam belt Done, only 54,000 miles from new, main Dealer Service History...Will post more pics when weather clears up.

£2700 ono

Paul Beazer
01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Sean, does this mean you're not coming over to IOW now in it?

Nice car BTW, shame you have to sell it. Good luck on the sale mate.

Polabear
02-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Sean, does this mean you're not coming over to IOW now in it?

Nice car BTW, shame you have to sell it. Good luck on the sale mate.

All depends on how long it takes to sell Paul, if it doesn't sell then I will be there in it, if it does then I will still be there but in a new Honda CRV i-CTDi, I get the feeling that this is another one of those cars that you end up GIVING AWAY..:bigcry: even tho it is a great quality cheap car at this price for someone.

calum
14-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Sean,

My dad has just 'phoned to say he's home safe and sound after a very pleasant drive.

Thank you very much for taking care of him and making the whole trip easier for him (collecting him at the airport, taking him to the DVLA office, etc).

He told me that the car is immaculate and that you had it washed, polished and pristine when you collected him. He was (and is) very impressed. He said it performs very well and that the drive home was effortless. There was heavy rain at Carlisle but he said that the wipers are very good and that he just trundled up the road tapping the cruise up and down as conditions dictated.

This is how deals should be done!!!

Thanks again, both on my and my dad's behalf.

Calum

Kieran
14-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Excellent - another Galant staying in the (extended) Club VR-4 fold. Great news.:2thumbsup

J.A.P.
15-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Pola , would you mind telling me what you got for it?- I'm thinking of selling mine which is very similar, but with 32k miles. I was going to put it on here and see if anyone was interested, but didn't want to distract from your advert. Cheers.

michaeli
15-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Sean,

My dad has just 'phoned to say he's home safe and sound after a very pleasant drive.

Thank you very much for taking care of him and making the whole trip easier for him (collecting him at the airport, taking him to the DVLA office, etc).

He told me that the car is immaculate and that you had it washed, polished and pristine when you collected him. He was (and is) very impressed. He said it performs very well and that the drive home was effortless. There was heavy rain at Carlisle but he said that the wipers are very good and that he just trundled up the road tapping the cruise up and down as conditions dictated.

This is how deals should be done!!!

Thanks again, both on my and my dad's behalf.

Calum

Yeh!! I agree - Sean is a top man!! I bought my Legnum VR4 from him and it was mint, he picked me up from the train station!!

TOP MAN!!!

Sorry to hear you've sold the other mitsi..... Hope all is well mate!!

Mike

Polabear
15-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Thank you Calum and Mike for your kind words :2thumbsup , my personal motto in life is always endeavour to treat people as I would hope to be treated myself, it takes nothing to be courteous and helpful.

Callum.. your Dad called me last night to say that he arrived home safely and that his journey was not only uneventful but also a very pleasurable drive, please thank him for me. PS Hows the Celica going..?

J.A.P, I had it up for £2700 ono but in defference to the person who bought it I will only say that it was not too far away from my asking price, hope all goes well with your potential sale....:2thumbsup

BDA's Decat pipe has also gone to (another club member) Alanee so another part has also gone within the club, also a big thank you to Calum's Dad who transported it up to Scotland for me on his way back home...a Top Man himself...:2thumbsup

Just got to get rid of the Mitsi dog guard now....anyone.. anyone...:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

WildCards
15-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Does the dog guard go inbetween the two front seats at all? Could do with keeping Kate at bay wheh I want to press the loud pedal.

Polabear
15-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Does the dog guard go inbetween the two front seats at all? Could do with keeping Kate at bay wheh I want to press the loud pedal.

Oooooh!!!! you gonna burn for that when she see's it..../JawDroppi :evilgrin:

calum
15-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Hows the Celica going..?

It's great. I've been running gt-fours for 6 years now and when this one came up I had to pounce on it as the guy who was selling it paid the same level of attention to detail and care to his car as you seem to!

http://www.thehaytons.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01

Cheers,

Calum

J.A.P.
16-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Thank you Calum and Mike for your kind words :2thumbsup , my personal motto in life is always endeavour to treat people as I would hope to be treated myself, it takes nothing to be courteous and helpful.

Callum.. your Dad called me last night to say that he arrived home safely and that his journey was not only uneventful but also a very pleasurable drive, please thank him for me. PS Hows the Celica going..?

J.A.P, I had it up for £2700 ono but in defference to the person who bought it I will only say that it was not too far away from my asking price, hope all goes well with your potential sale....:2thumbsup

BDA's Decat pipe has also gone to (another club member) Alanee so another part has also gone within the club, also a big thank you to Calum's Dad who transported it up to Scotland for me on his way back home...a Top Man himself...:2thumbsup

Just got to get rid of the Mitsi dog guard now....anyone.. anyone...:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Thanks mate. Not sure if I'm going to go ahead with the sale anyway - apart from needing a new battery before Xmas, it's been faultless - I'd be mad to sell it. Also /pan wants a new house.

pezza
16-03-2006, 10:34 AM
It's great. I've been running gt-fours for 6 years now and when this one came up I had to pounce on it as the guy who was selling it paid the same level of attention to detail and care to his car as you seem to!

http://www.thehaytons.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01

Cheers,

Calum

I kn ow this is OT but..

Calum that car looks menacing in black esp with those wheels...I bet it handles so well, would like to try one of those someday.. are they about 220brake???

.. spose the whole neighbourhood is lit with all front lights goin!

calum
16-03-2006, 10:56 PM
I kn ow this is OT but..

Calum that car looks menacing in black esp with those wheels...I bet it handles so well, would like to try one of those someday.. are they about 220brake???

.. spose the whole neighbourhood is lit with all front lights goin!

Thanks, pezza.

I love the handling on these cars. And the brakes are phenomenal straight out of the box.

They're meant to be about 240 - 250bhp at the flywheel out of the factory running 0.9bar boost, but my last one RRd at 273bhp as std, and this one is running 1.2bar, has a decat, straight intake and decent filter, so I'm estimating anywhere between 280 - 300 from the way it goes. I'll probably get it RRd at some point to see.

This is my third one of these in this shape now, but I also had a white carlos sainz one of the older shape for a while. I liked that shape but they take a lot more work to get up to speed, even though they are basically the same block. They were about 220bhp.

They're definitely more of a GT than a sprint machine though, as they are geared for touring, although a good std one should still pull a sub 14 sec qtr mile.

The lights are great too. Although the projector lamps are from 97 onwards cars but the previous ownerupgraded to these. The std lights from cars this age can only be described as crap on dipped beam, but quite good on main.

If you're ever in Aberdeen give me a shout and you can experience it for yoursefl!

Cheers,

Calum

pezza
17-03-2006, 12:23 AM
not much of a sprint machine pulling sub 14?? errr :thinking:

They have more power than I thought then and quite high boost as standard

AS for the handling.... yes I hear they can be *entertaining* on roundabouts...

In black it does look good esp with the number plate off.... I take it you haven't been pulled for that yet? :D

Alanee
20-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Here Here....

Thanks Sean..and of course Calum's dad.:2thumbsup