PDA

View Full Version : TEINS on TM - 1$ Res

Gly
02-03-2006, 05:38 AM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Suspension-braces/auction-49504627.htm

if anyones interested...
i cant afford them right now.

You See
02-03-2006, 07:12 AM
I noticed they said "type wagon" ....excuse my ignorance but will these also fit the sedans...like er mine?

Kenneth
02-03-2006, 07:18 AM
I noticed they said "type wagon" ....excuse my ignorance but will these also fit the sedans...like er mine?

in a manner... back wont quite be right though. (spring rate, possibly length)

I put a watch on them, was thinking of putting in a bid depending on what the price got to.

I thought it would be cool to compare them... Im thinking that my rears could do with being a bit softer :P

Kenneth
02-03-2006, 07:25 AM
In saying that, I used to have my current stuff on a Galant. It was a bit bouncy though.
As far as adjustment went, I used to have to wind up the backs about 20mm more than the front to get the car level... don't know if that is a Galant thing, or a difference in the suspension.

You See
02-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Cheers dude...if you want them you can have them. :undecided

i3ooyah
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
the wagon doesnt mean its for the wagon, its the model they call it.

think thats the one thats edfc capable. ps whoeva buys this make me a offer on my edfc unit

You See
02-03-2006, 11:18 AM
What were you after for the EDFC?
...what's that?...did I hear you say you're giving it away?!...Swu-eet! :P

OSiRiS
02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Is anyone here bidding on them?

If not I'm keen. Please don't hike the price up for no reason.

Thanks guys :)

Kenneth
02-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Is anyone here bidding on them?

If not I'm keen. Please don't hike the price up for no reason.

Thanks guys :)

As said, i was planning on it. depends on how high it goes really. couple a hundy and ill be all there.
Of course if I do get them and they are damper adjustable Ill be selling what I have on at the moment. (Height adjustables)

OSiRiS
02-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Oh ok.

So you have height adjustables at the moment?

I just want height adjustables.

If you purchase these ones, will you give me the opportunity to purchase your current system?

So I don't have to big against you :)

Kenneth
02-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh ok.

So you have height adjustables at the moment?

I just want height adjustables.

If you purchase these ones, will you give me the opportunity to purchase your current system?

So I don't have to big against you :)

yep, thats a good plan. ill also let you know if the TEINs get above what I am willing to spend

OSiRiS
02-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Cheers :)

Kenneth
06-03-2006, 01:59 AM
Gone above my price range... Same for OSiRiS. Anyone else still interested?

VR4 MAD
06-03-2006, 03:51 AM
think thats the one thats edfc capable. ps whoeva buys this make me a offer on my edfc unit

Why didn't you say sooner, you had a EDFC available. I've just gone and got mine thru TradeMe the other day.................Oh well:thinking:

Did you have it fitted and working..............any good. Useful? Worth the effort?

VR4 MAD
06-03-2006, 05:12 AM
In saying that, I used to have my current stuff on a Galant. It was a bit bouncy though.
As far as adjustment went, I used to have to wind up the backs about 20mm more than the front to get the car level... don't know if that is a Galant thing, or a difference in the suspension.

Here's your answer to the difference between the EC5W and the EC5A in respect to the HA dampers and the height differences between the two models. These dampers were originally made for the EC5W and then Tein do list them as being OK for the EC5A but................see the note (extreme right column in the table) against the EC5A entry on this page on the Tein web site.

http://www.tein.co.jp/hadamp2re.html

Note the 15mm adjustment for the differences between models to the rear damper height.

As too spring rate differences, I'll need to look that up at home and compare the two model recommendations from Tein.

Hope that helps.

VR4 MAD

i3ooyah
06-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Why didn't you say sooner, you had a EDFC available. I've just gone and got mine thru TradeMe the other day.................Oh well:thinking:

Did you have it fitted and working..............any good. Useful? Worth the effort?

how much thru trademe?

& u neva asked :P

very good, very useful and definately worth the effort.
i got it more as the **** factor u know more gadgets, etc with all the goodness of adjusting damper rates sitting on my ass and having settings saved. motorway, street and HARD :P

VR4 MAD
07-03-2006, 05:29 AM
how much thru trademe?

& u neva asked :P

very good, very useful and definately worth the effort.
i got it more as the **** factor u know more gadgets, etc with all the goodness of adjusting damper rates sitting on my ass and having settings saved. motorway, street and HARD :P

Got it for 3 hundy. I got it because I'm basically lazy and I know I wouldn't be up for grovelling around the car all the time changing the bloody settings, especially the rears, which aren't easy to get at in the galant.

So not sure what setting I would have ended up leaving the dampers on, maybe softish and only changed it for track days. :evilgrin:

Still don't know for sure whether I'll even be able to fit the thing yet because no one ever got back to confirm it fits the EC5A nor am I sure it works with Tein HA's, though Tein Japan sort of said it may or should but didn't want to commit themselves./pan /pan

So heaps to do and fit over the coming weeks and months.

Cheers for the feed back on the EDFC but if it's so good, why are you thinking of getting rid of it?

i3ooyah
07-03-2006, 11:04 AM
selling some of my car stuff...moving in a new direction

travelled back & forth to syd a few times so might do the travel thing