PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Legnum VR4 FS

william
02-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I am selling my Leggie as it is time for a change after 3 years of happy motoring. I am not letting the side down - I am lookind at getting a facelift manual with low km's! Have a look at Trademe auction number 49385035 for details of the car

bradc
03-03-2006, 02:14 AM
If you go to buyrightcars.co.nz they have about 7 facelifts in stock at the moment including a few manuals.

william
03-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Thanks bradc, I am busy talking to them. I had a look at the white 2000 model, I like it, but ideally would like leather. They are very scarce though! (leather, manual, facelift)

You See
03-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Wait for it...... *drum roll*

bradc
03-03-2006, 07:38 AM
You'll never find one! Just look for the recaro's, they are heaps better.

If you tell buyright I referred you they will give me a $200 referral fee - I'll split you 50/50 :D

You See
03-03-2006, 07:46 AM
What?!?!?!.....No comments about the leather brad? :P

mpau009
03-03-2006, 08:01 AM
I have leather.... moohahahaaaaa. :satan: and manual. Not facelift tho. If you have leather at the moment you should consider swapping them over, took me about a week of evenings, and you wouldn't know the difference now.

Still wouldn't mind some leather recaros tho..:thinking:

:deal2: My car available for $100000000000000, i take cash and bank cheques...

william
03-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Mpau, you sound like a fellow Westie and I love you! I'll give you $1000000000001 if it was a facelift. I also like the Recaro's, although I think all the red looks a bit garish - personal opinion though. I also think the (fake) wood looks better than the fake green carbon fibre in the centre dash. If I could order one it would be black with leather, sunroof without roof rails and of course manual.

bradc
03-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Your needs sound similar to mine, I hate roof racks, love the sunroof and I like them in black too. I don't really like the tan leather interior though, I would only get leather if I could get a black interior.

Did you look at Ted Traceys? He imports very good cars and if you have a set list of things to ask him he might even be able to import one for you.

mpau009
03-03-2006, 10:09 PM
I also think the (fake) wood looks better than the fake green carbon fibre in the centre dash. If I could order one it would be black with leather, sunroof without roof rails and of course manual.

I agree the wood looks better, but still a bit off on darker interiors. A friend of mine has repainted the centre consols, (professionaly after he screwed it up), and for about $65 they gave him a semi gloss pale silver which changes the whole look of the black cloth interiors.

As for the sunroof, why? my ST-R had a sunroof, and impressive as it was, i only really opened it 4 or 5 times in 2 years, usually just to show off. Haven't missed it at all.

Finally the roof rails, i'm sure it would be a minor operation to get them removed, especially if you are getting other dent and dings removed?

I guess the thing i'm getting at would be to focus on the car that you want in terms of quality and transmission, and possibly leather, but id far rather have to change a few things on a good solid car, than pay through the nose for the 'ideal' car. I know it took me about three months to find a car with the right colour, k's and manual for a decent price, i hate to think how long it would take to find in leather - even tho i probably would have got black instead...

bradc
03-03-2006, 10:48 PM
I found a leather facelift at mitsi in newmarket this morning, but it was an auto. Don't know if you are interested or not

william
04-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys, you made some very valid comments. I bought the white 2000 manual from Buyright after having a good look at it and taking it for a test drive. It is in beautiful condition inside and out, has a nice pipe (front to back)and Bilstein shocks. It feels nice and tight and has a rich exhaust note without beeing too boomy. I also like the fact that the previous Jap owner was not a smoker (rare as you know!).

Cannot wait till Tuesday when I can pick it up. Brad, I mentioned to Tom, the salesman, that I was refered to them by you so you can take the referral fee up with them.

bradc
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Sounds good, what time will you be there tuesday? Will you be interested in showing it off to us all on the 18th at the Dyno Day?

*starts hunting tom* :D Which yard is it at?

william
05-03-2006, 04:04 AM
The car is at the Manukau yard. I am meeting Tom half way, still have to make arrangements for the exact place, probably at the Hillsborough Road/ airport motorway intersection. I will hopefully attend the Dyno Day (if the weather is not good for fishing!!)

william
05-03-2006, 04:12 AM
Brad, Tom Wanoa's mobile number is 021 756 706

detonate
19-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I found a leather facelift at mitsi in newmarket this morning, but it was an auto. Don't know if you are interested or not

I test drove that :D

Twas nice, I like the facelift models, but it was a bit pricey I think.

I really wanted leather, but yuck not the cream, that's horrible, and they have cream carpet aswell.

ick.

bradc
19-03-2006, 11:38 AM
detonate, I personally hate the cream leather too, but I think that the black leather looks quite nice. I love my recaro's too much to change though :)

If you do want a facelift, you are probably best to look at buy right cars, they have heaps at the moment!

tig202
19-03-2006, 12:44 PM
mmmmmm Leather Recaros:pimp2: