PDA

View Full Version : Question about suspension

cheese
02-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I was just wondering if my suspension is standard??

I took the front wheel off at the weekend and the shock had ralli art on it, also on the tops of the shocks are numbers, and they look like they could be adjustable. I have enclosed pictures...

Is this standard??

KiwiTT
02-03-2006, 10:45 PM
You may have the Ralliart Option Kit. Is you car lower as well ?

cheese
02-03-2006, 10:56 PM
no it seems to be normal height, it feels firm, but not rock hard, however it does lean when you go round corners,

Is this suspension adjustable?? and if I want to lower it can I just use springs??

Kieran
02-03-2006, 11:07 PM
no it seems to be normal height, it feels firm, but not rock hard, however it does lean when you go round corners,

Is this suspension adjustable?? and if I want to lower it can I just use springs??

You lucky so and so - they're Ralliart adjustable dampers - a dealer-fit option in Japan. Don't think they lower the car any (unless the springs were purchased at the same time), but they are indeed adjustable - strut tops at the front, and I think there's an adjustment nut on the shock casing on the rears.

cheese
02-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Sweet :2thumbsup

Cheers Kieran,

What would be the best way to lower the car slightly and get rid of the body roll??

Kieran
02-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Sweet :2thumbsup

Cheers Kieran,

What would be the best way to lower the car slightly and get rid of the body roll??

www.Camskill.co.uk are doing TEIN S-Tech lowering springs at the moment. Gary (ghanda) has fitted them and gave them the thumbs up.:2thumbsup

cheese
02-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I'll have a look in the morning.

Thanks again Kieran.

John

BraindG
03-03-2006, 01:17 AM
I had them on my first VR4, there should be a knob on em with 3 settings... hard, harder and hardest :D

cheese
03-03-2006, 07:54 PM
I will have a closer inspection over the weekend, weather permitting.