PDA

View Full Version : Three Hours.....

g6acb
03-03-2006, 09:50 PM
..... to drive 9 miles home from work/Grrr , it wasn't as if there was much snow, just what had turned nicley to slush then froze very quickly. It must be said that the 2 wheel drive Galant is not the best in the snow and ice - my new Galant with its 17 inch wheels and wider rubber is more of a handfull then my previous GLS with 14 inch ......

Anyhooow, atfer a bout of prolonged wheel spinning / snaking over our lovley ungritted pennine roads my ABS light is on and refuses to go off.... just waiting on an ecu reset to see if it clears it..... any ideas if it does not??

Heres hoping :2thumbsup

Kieran
03-03-2006, 09:55 PM
....my ABS light is on and refuses to go off.... just waiting on an ecu reset to see if it clears it..... any ideas if it does not??

I bet diamonds it's just snow, slush and general crap fouling one of your abs sensors. They're just behind the wheel hubs - if it doesn't clear tomorrow, get your hosepipe out and flush out those areas. Then see what happens :)

g6acb
03-03-2006, 10:05 PM
8ugg£r.... just been out in the permafrost again (-5 and still falling) and ECU reset has done nothing but make her idle like a bag of spanners......

Hope you are right Kieran, however I am a bit concerned that the light came on when I was 'rocking' the car to get it out of the snowbank I found myself in when the car decided that lunging left towards a stone wall was a really good idea..../pan

Still - I made it home in one piece - better than some - including the stranded electric pink yank limo, that would have made a cool photo if i wasn't trying so hard not to hit it at the time!!!

richy rich
04-03-2006, 10:26 AM
as k said

and the engine prob the same

so in conclusion water/snow/ice on electrics

Kieran
04-03-2006, 11:53 AM
8ugg£r.... just been out in the permafrost again (-5 and still falling) and ECU reset has done nothing but make her idle like a bag of spanners......

Yeah, don't panic about that. The GLS unit doesn't like being ECU reset - It's actually no worse than the V6-24 for learning, but without those two extra cylinders, it's not as instantly smooth. My GlS was the same, and so is Isaac's.

Let us know how you get on with cleaning out the wheels.

I-S
04-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Is it that bad in west yorks? I managed to leave oldham and head south keeping ahead of the snow at about 4:10pm. Got to get back to marsden tomorrow afternoon and was hoping that the worst of it would have passed and been gritted/cleared by then.

g6acb
04-03-2006, 06:38 PM
ABS light sorted now, chipped off the collection of icebergs, kettle of hot water and a 30 mile trip down M62

Good diagnosis Dr K :happy:

Isaac - Main roads OK during the day, they were gritted over night , last night was just a combination of snowing just before rush hour then the resulting slush freezing as temperature dropped like a stone - just like it is doing now

Cheers