PDA

View Full Version : Brass Hinge Mod

bernmc
05-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Well, ever since I got my car back from Charlesworths SVA, I've not had a coin box - buggers broke the hinges :thinking:.

So I fixed it with a cupboard hinge today... tada.

It's definitely hiked the horsepower up too - something to do with the capicitance effect the brass plate has on all the fuse electricals.

Sadly, the horsepower increase is offset by the weight gain, so there's no change to real world performance. Except I have somewhere to put all my lovely lolly now... :D

WildCards
05-03-2006, 07:43 PM
U cud've got an anodised blue 1, Nicks got an anodised blue bolt on'is engine, and it luks way gud innit - cuuul man

Funkstar
05-03-2006, 08:05 PM
That looks blinging. Tempted to screw some random brass parts onto my dash. You know, the odd tap, plate, horse brass........ /pan /pan

Nick VR4
05-03-2006, 10:05 PM
That looks blinging. Tempted to screw some random brass parts onto my dash. You know, the odd tap, plate, horse brass........ /pan /pan

LOL :thinking:

bernmc
05-03-2006, 10:19 PM
That looks blinging. Tempted to screw some random brass parts onto my dash. You know, the odd tap, plate, horse brass........

What can I say - I'm a trendsetter. You could try some chrome screws too...

Kieran
05-03-2006, 10:23 PM
What can I say - I'm a trendsetter...

No, you're a cheapass Bern! /grr Get a new holder, for heaven's sake! Having brass hinges in your car is just wrong! It's off the scale of wrongability!!/pan

zedy1
05-03-2006, 11:02 PM
i wouldve gave you one you just had to ask :2thumbsup

BraindG
05-03-2006, 11:04 PM
nah, the brass hinge rocks man!! its fat.. dont listen to Kieran.. hes just an old fuddy-duddy... :)

bernmc
06-03-2006, 12:21 AM
i wouldve gave you one you just had to ask :2thumbsup

Thanks for the offer, but it's not the holder itself. The blighters broke the bits in the dash, so I'd have to replace that whole bit of dash trim. I could have put a bolt throught the back (may do at some point), but it was bloody cold, I'd been swearing at my speedo convertor/delimiter (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14596) and I was feeling a bit cheeky and up for a laugh!

Brass rules dood! Your all, like, jealous!

Bloody hell, SGHOM - you're beginning to rub off on me!

bradc
06-03-2006, 02:04 AM
can you see the hinge when you are entering the car or driving it? If you can then I don't like the mod at all ;)

Kieran
06-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Brass rules dood! Your all, like, jealous!

No, we're all, like, NOT BLIND. /pan /grr

I think i should report you to the Legnum Police, but seeing as you've started comparing yourself to the SGHOM, I think we'd have to settle for a more lenient sentence on account of diminished responsibility (well, we all know he's loosing his marbles). So we'll just settle for hanging you. I'm not getting the quartering knives dirty unless I can do it properly.

The Vee
06-03-2006, 02:53 AM
Bloody hell, SGHOM - you're beginning to rub off on me!

used to be sheep (where are they now?) but this.......................

bernmc
06-03-2006, 08:32 AM
used to be sheep (where are they now?) but this.......................

It's all that talk about people coming from behind (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14582)that's done it.

Kieran: Yeah but no but yeah but.... :D

Paul Beazer
06-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Whateva minga!

Kieran
06-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Whateva minga!

/Grrr /Grrr Right! That's it! There's gonna be trouble at SM6, goddamit! How dare you insult the master Race! You have just moved up ten places on the 'termination' list! Just you wait untill the mothership gets here!!/pan

Paul Beazer
06-03-2006, 10:04 PM
/Grrr /Grrr Right! That's it! There's gonna be trouble at SM6, goddamit! How dare you insult the master Race! You have just moved up ten places on the 'termination' list! Just you wait untill the mothership gets here!!/pan

Bothered? Am I? Go on ask me!

Kieran
06-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Bothered? Am I? Go on ask me!

Ask me if you SHOULD be................. /Devil5

Paul Beazer
06-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Bring it on mofo! At SM6 you ALL shall perish. Besides i can arrange for you to take a longer "break" on the island......

Kieran
06-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Bring it on mofo!....

Yo' bet'cha lilly-white ass ah Will, Mother-Hubbard! I'm gonna smok' ya foo!/pan /grr :pimp2:

Paul Beazer
06-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Like i said, BOTHERED?

dreamer
07-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Well, ever since I got my car back from Charlesworths SVA, I've not had a coin box - buggers broke the hinges :thinking:.

So I fixed it with a cupboard hinge today... tada.

It's definitely hiked the horsepower up too - something to do with the capicitance effect the brass plate has on all the fuse electricals.

Sadly, the horsepower increase is offset by the weight gain, so there's no change to real world performance. Except I have somewhere to put all my lovely lolly now... :D

Fantastic. I never though of doing that... mainly because I have a little bit of class :happy:

My hinges have snapped off aswell. I might slap a Polished Stainless Steel hinge on mine :pimp2:

bernmc
23-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Well, after 3 weeks of continuous use, I'm happy to report that this mod is still working perfectly. It's improved the performance of the coin-holder by 100%, which is a fantastic result.

Highly recommended.

:evilgrin:

Funkstar
23-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Sounds like a top result Bern.

My friend who works at my local B&Q said that the sales of brass hinges has gone through the roof over the last 3 weeks.

I believe we can put this down to you and your ingenious use of a metal hinge. :joker:

bernmc
23-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a top result Bern.

My friend who works at my local B&Q said that the sales of brass hinges has gone through the roof over the last 3 weeks.

I believe we can put this down to you and your ingenious use of a metal hinge. :joker:

I'm just surprised that there hasn't been a huge boom in my reputation rating. Odd that :inquisiti

I-S
23-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Didn't hammond put a brass handle on the inside of the door on the £1000 porsche challenge on TG?

Kieran
23-03-2006, 11:27 PM
/wall

WildCards
24-03-2006, 07:17 PM
/wall

indeed, buit it would stay shiny!