PDA

View Full Version : Bonding with your car

Petrolhead
22-04-2003, 09:35 AM
I've had the VR4 for a few months now, but last Sunday was the first time I really got a chance to "give it some".

I am gob-smacked at the handling of this car. I'm used to driving my wife's MX5, which is lowered, but the Galant will easily out perform it on the twisties :eek: :eek: :eek:

The danger is, the lack of speed realisation. We came to a "yump" and took-off. The car stayed perfectly flat but I don't think the exhaust appreciated our landing :D

Totally loving it, best car I've ever had, and it looks the absolute DOGS!!!

Dave.

BraindG
22-04-2003, 10:49 AM
Agreed on all accounts..

When i had my first VR4, i took it back home in scotland to show it off. About 25 miles after Inverness, the road changed to twisty single track road. I passed my test there, and drove to inverness nearly every weekend, if not twice a week for about 5-6 years.

As you can imagine, i know that road like the back of my hand, every turn, dip camber etc. Driving the VR along this road was mind boggeling, the bends i used to have to slow right down for, 1st gear corners, i was now able to pull out of and get back upt to 60-70 in a matter of seconds. Corners which i had to slow down for I was able to go round at 100MPH with ease. simply amazing.

I video taped the entire journey, and you can hear my mate scream from time to time :D also hit top speed along that road :)

I love my car, wouldnt give it up for anything. If i had to stop eating to save moeny, i would :D

Ailsa
22-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Petrolhead
I've had the VR4 for a few months now, but last Sunday was the first time I really got a chance to "give it some".

I am gob-smacked at the handling of this car. I'm used to driving my wife's MX5, which is lowered, but the Galant will easily out perform it on the twisties :eek: :eek: :eek:

The danger is, the lack of speed realisation. We came to a "yump" and took-off. The car stayed perfectly flat but I don't think the exhaust appreciated our landing :D

Totally loving it, best car I've ever had, and it looks the absolute DOGS!!!

Dave.

Being said wife mentioned above, I was there ;) - and I can vouch for this FUN FUN FUN :D . Seriously impressed by the handling of such a huge car!

Beats my supercharged hairdresser mobile hands down...:rolleyes:

BraindG
22-04-2003, 01:07 PM
erm.. Our first Mr and Mrs on the forums ??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ailsa
22-04-2003, 01:12 PM
lol - fraid so!

Maybe I should have kept that quiet and just sculked in pretending to be some interesting stranger...;) :cool:

BraindG
22-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Heh, we would have found out some how! we always do :D

Anyhooo, welcome to the site...

Ailsa
22-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Cheers! :)

Roadrunner
22-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Ailsa,

You drive an MX-5 but what's the car shown in your graphic?

Oh, really confused now, it seems to change every time I look at it :D

BraindG
22-04-2003, 07:25 PM
aye, your right... sure it was red before :headsc:

no galants on the site tho :cry2:

Petrolhead
22-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Ahhh, but the good news is.....

It's MY site ;)

So guess what car I'll be drawing next :cool1:

BraindG
22-04-2003, 08:01 PM
a lada?

Petrolhead
22-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Damn you're good :bow:

BraindG
22-04-2003, 08:16 PM
HURRAH! I win! I WIN!.. i suck at guessing games aswell.. cant believe it! i WIN!
:hurrah:

Spirit
22-04-2003, 08:33 PM
Welcome to Mr and Mrs Petrolhead.

Do we count as a couple ? I bought our VR-4 FOR MY WIFE ! lol

We loved our last 2.0i GLS Galant and only changed one lightbulb in 12 months. Had to sell her a few years back when we moved house. Now we are a bit more financially affluant again we decided to trade her Mazda 626 in for another Galant.

The decision was tough.....a cheapy one, a Sport, a conservatory for the house, or a VR-4 !

When I told her we were going to look at one she knew the decision had been made :D

So the wife takes it to the shops Monday to Friday and I get to clear it's throat at the weekends - got me boring company car during the week !

Pete

BraindG
22-04-2003, 08:36 PM
hope she warms it up, and lets it cool down at the shops :)

that reminds me, best put somethign up about that on the Maintenance section.

Spirit
22-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Barry

She has been warned, believe me !

Pete

BraindG
22-04-2003, 08:51 PM
good good :D

I was speaking to this guy the other week, who was selling a 500BHP skyline, he had someone take it out on a test dirve. Before hand he switched on the car, and left it to idle, the guy asked, lets go, i want to test drive it. At the time the guy didnt think much of it, saying, in a minute let the car warm up its been sitting all night.

anyways, testdrive time came, they went for the drive, and came back to stop the car. a couple time the guy selling the car said, what ever you do, dont switch the car off the minute you park. He agreed, and continued to pull up to park. again he said, no dont stop the car, it needs to cool down. The guy smiled, and agreed.

Believe it or not, when he parked the car, the fool stopped the engine! without a thought. I believe this damaged something in the car, cos he was cursing and swearing abotu this guy cos he couldnt get the skyline to start up again!

some people
:io:

Ailsa
22-04-2003, 09:05 PM
My wee signature thingy does change every time, sorry to confuse everyone! I'll need to make sure it gets a VR4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (black of course :p ) added soon as it's drawn.... After the Lada;)

Petrolhead gets to drive our beast all week.. On the nursery run :D

I get the blast at the weekend ;) :cool1:

Lee
29-04-2003, 12:36 AM
my missus also has a mx5, G reg had it 4 years, an import and absolutly nothing has gone wrong with it, these jap imports eh

Ailsa
29-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Hi Lee,

My haridresser mobile is great! Also an import, had it nearly 5 years now.

Despite being 12 years old, fitted with a supercharger and NoS and being regularly chucked around various racetracks it still runs excellently and gets me to work everyday, with no probs other than the usual wear and tear bits.

Jap cars rock! It's prolly the reason we decided to stay Jap and go for the VR4 rather than going for some dodgy German alternative....;)

Ails