PDA

View Full Version : More front legroom/What psi?

caishanvr4
06-03-2006, 03:08 AM
I have two questions i hope i can get answers for:

1. To all the guys or gals running on 18" 40 series tires. What psi do you pump your tires up to:speechles

2.Is there anyway i can alter my driver seat bracket to free up more legroom:thinking:

I found that cars fitted with the recaro,s had much more legroom than mine /Hmmm

Cheers

bradc
06-03-2006, 04:18 AM
You See's tyres are at about 34psi.

I'm about 5'8", never had that problem ;) I do have the recaro's though

mpau009
06-03-2006, 05:08 AM
2.Is there anyway i can alter my driver seat bracket to free up more legroom:thinking:

I don't think you could do it without getting a replacement bracket, as the shape of the floor wouldn't let you move the lower half. Iv thought about maybe getting a spacer bracket made up to fit between the standard rails and the seat, to get a few inches. But i'm too lazy to try it, or find out if its legal.

But with the manual, iv noticed the clutch is a pain in the ?.?.? as i have to bend my knee out around the steering wheel. -So let us know if you find a good (and cheap) way of doing it.:2thumbsup

GroundControl
06-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Strange...

As anyone who's met me can attest, I'm not that short (197cm) but I don't have any problem with legroom in the VR4, seat all the way back is not at all cramped for me. /yes (standard interior, manual)

mpau009
06-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Strange...

As anyone who's met me can attest, I'm not that short (197cm) but I don't have any problem with legroom in the VR4, seat all the way back is not at all cramped for me. /yes (standard interior, manual)

Yeah, its not terrible, and i think youre a bit taller than me, but i seem to have slightly long legs, if i let the clutch right out, i have to bend my knee out just a bit, or it touches the wheel. I noticed after my new years trip (about 5 hrs) that it was bugging me. Was never a problem in the auto...

caishanvr4
06-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by GroundControl

Strange...

You must have short legs mate /Devil5

Im 195cm (6ft 4) and drive a tiptronic but still find i could do with more legroom. A mate of mine drives an A6 and thats allows so much more legroom /pan

Originally posted by Bradc

You See's tyres are at about 34psi.

Thanks mate, I'l do the same and see if it makes a difference :2thumbsup

Wodjno
06-03-2006, 05:06 PM
1. To all the guys or gals running on 18" 40 series tires. What psi do you pump your tires up to:speechles

Cheers

I normally run 35psi in the Summer when it's warm, but find it to hard in the winter and drop them to 33psi.. But it is still dependent on the compound of your tyres to.. :happy:

Paul Beazer
06-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Im 6'5" and it is a bit cramped, nothing major, but i have to drive with legs either side of the wheel in mine. The centre console gets in the way a bit, but i dont have any probs driving a manual.

Kenneth
06-03-2006, 10:04 PM
have any of you tall fellows thought of or tried getting a nice small steering wheel?

Kieran
06-03-2006, 10:07 PM
have any of you tall fellows thought of or tried getting a nice small steering wheel?

Problem is the airbags - a SRS warning light is an instant MOT fail...

Kenneth
06-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Problem is the airbags - a SRS warning light is an instant MOT fail...

do what everyone else does... just pull out the SRS light in the dash :P

GroundControl
06-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Im 6'5" and it is a bit cramped, nothing major, but i have to drive with legs either side of the wheel in mine. The centre console gets in the way a bit, but i dont have any probs driving a manual.
I took note on the way home yesterday and I can wave my knees around under the steeringwheel with hitting it at all :2thumbsup

mpau009
06-03-2006, 10:44 PM
I took note on the way home yesterday and I can wave my knees around under the steeringwheel with hitting it at all :2thumbsup

This is my driving position, seat right back, i'm only 6'4, but my legs seem to sit up higher. As you say, you can still drive it, but since iv dislocated my left knee a couple of times, its noticeable, especially after a decent drive. The other pic shows where my oily filth covered leg rests against the consol most of the time, which is fine.. Must clean that tho..

Wodjno
06-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Thats exactly how i have my legs. But i ain't cos i got long legs or the steering wheel gets in the way.. :thinking:

I'm a Bloke and i got Massive Big Kahoonahs :2thumbsup I can't close my legs..:inquisiti

Only Girls Drive with there knees together anyway..:laugh:

caishanvr4
07-03-2006, 02:28 AM
WELL FcUK ME SIDEWAYS/Hmmm

You guys must have 29in inside legs :laugh:

I find that when i brake i sometimes only use the right edge of the brake pedal instead of the middle :inquisiti

Anyone wanna swap your recaro seats and brackets for my nice sporty seats and brackets???:2thumbsup

Wodjno
07-03-2006, 02:53 AM
I use my Left Foot for Braking /Hmmm

jaimz
07-03-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm 6'4" too and I don't even have my seat all the way back... Maybe they just bolt the seat rails in randomly! If you want leg room buy a Holden - my feet don't even touch the pedals! If you want to retain your soul however...