PDA

View Full Version : a couple of galant questions for you

KEENY
06-03-2006, 09:26 AM
hi i wanted to run a couple of questions past you guys for a 1998 2.5l 24v v6 galant..

first off my passenger seat does not go as far back as what the driver seat does. ive tried getting my head down there to have a look but there is not much room there to see a great deal. does anyone know if this is standard as my passengers are moaning that its a lil cramped up front.

my secound question is. every now and again a get a beep noice when im driving. now i think its the climate control telling me that it 0 degrees outside.. can someone confirm or deny this please.

many thanks
keeny.

p.s.
my membership is in the post (yay):2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Nick VR4
06-03-2006, 09:28 AM
my secound question is. every now and again a get a beep noice when im driving. now i think its the climate control telling me that it 0 degrees outside.. can someone confirm or deny this please.

many thanks
keeny.

p.s.
my membership is in the post (yay):2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Yes if the outside Temp drops to 0 it will beep at you :2thumbsup

bradc
06-03-2006, 09:33 AM
I've never heard that beep. I guess I must be living in a slightly warmer climate. I saw 1C once on my car, but never anything in the negatives.

my recaro seats go back by about the same amount, just how tall are your passengers?

KEENY
06-03-2006, 09:37 AM
one your in its not to bad but its getting in and out you notice how cramped it is

You See
06-03-2006, 09:40 AM
ive tried getting my head down there

my passengers are moaning that its a lil cramped up front

hhmmm /haz

Nick Mann
06-03-2006, 11:53 AM
When it beeps, check the display on the climate control. It will automatically display the outside temp for a couple of seconds, then revert back to normal. The sound it makes is two double beeps seperated by a short pause.

GroundControl
06-03-2006, 12:08 PM
I've had the beeps going up the mountain in winter, surprised me a bit as I didn't know (at the time) what it was up to... /pan :D

richy rich
06-03-2006, 02:23 PM
as every one has replied to the beeping Q

ill answer the seat Q mine both go back the same amount.

maybe some thing in the rails.

stevec205gti
06-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Mine beeps at 3 degrees, not 0

I-S
06-03-2006, 03:50 PM
I'll answer the seat question... one time coming back from a trade show, late at night in bristol (I would say a dodgy part of, but all of bristol is dodgy!) with the car full of valuable equipment, my seat wouldn't budge more than 2 clicks back. I had to drive 35 miles home almost pressed up against the steering wheel (that was NOT comfortable).

It turned out to be a 2p piece had fallen into the rails, and it completely stopped the seat moving. Put the seat all the way forward and have a look from the back with plenty of light.

KEENY
06-03-2006, 05:27 PM
ok i did what you said. i grabbed my power torch and a dentist mirror and went ah hunting.. something is stopping the right side of the chair from going back. the left side still has a bit of play and wants to continue.

i got right down there and could not find a thing wrong. no lose bolts nothing in the track nadda. the only thing that i could think of that was causing the problem was the 6 cd loader hitting the rear heaters. but considering the amount of brut force i was slamming in to the chair to get it to go back something would have broke.

i think im going to be taking the whole seat out. which is a road i really dont want to go down cos i wouldnt know where to start.

Polabear
11-03-2006, 11:19 AM
ok i did what you said. i grabbed my power torch and a dentist mirror and went ah hunting.. something is stopping the right side of the chair from going back. the left side still has a bit of play and wants to continue.

i got right down there and could not find a thing wrong. no lose bolts nothing in the track nadda. the only thing that i could think of that was causing the problem was the 6 cd loader hitting the rear heaters. but considering the amount of brut force i was slamming in to the chair to get it to go back something would have broke.

i think im going to be taking the whole seat out. which is a road i really dont want to go down cos i wouldnt know where to start.

Keeny, the seats come out very easily, just slide them all the way forward and you will see two bolts going through the lower rails into the floor (one each side), then if you can get it back far enough you will see the same at the front, just undo and lift the whole seat including rails out of the car, then if need be you can unbolt the rails from the bottom of the seat....:2thumbsup

Nick Mann
13-03-2006, 02:42 PM
The rear heater and the CD changer do not move with the seat and should not stop anything moving. They are standard fit. I think something in the rail is far more likely. And as said, taking the seat out is actually not that difficult!

KEENY
13-03-2006, 06:12 PM
job done lads. it turned out that th seat had not been set in the rails properly. all fixed now tho and works great. big hug to all involved.

J.A.P.
26-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Definetely beeps at 3 degrees, not 0.... and I'm hoping to put an active sub-woofer under the drivers seat. Bit worried about it interfering with the movement of the seat (haven't tried it with me sitting on the seat yet) and talking of movements, also that it might do strange things to my stomach....

Nick Mann
26-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Jap spec cars beep at 0 deg. UK spec cars beep at 3 deg. I have no idea why they are different.

J.A.P.
26-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Jap spec cars beep at 0 deg. UK spec cars beep at 3 deg. I have no idea why they are different.

I think the Mitsubishi zero warning was aimed more at the US market? :thinking:

amsoil
26-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Definetely beeps at 3 degrees, not 0.... and I'm hoping to put an active sub-woofer under the drivers seat. Bit worried about it interfering with the movement of the seat (haven't tried it with me sitting on the seat yet) and talking of movements, also that it might do strange things to my stomach....

Never mind the stomach, just don't turn it up after a good curry! :evilgrin:

bradc
27-03-2006, 12:43 AM
haha, lol at the Mitsubishi Zero comment :)

Kieran
27-03-2006, 01:22 AM
I think the Mitsubishi zero warning was aimed more at the US market? :thinking:

Around their harbours, perchance? ;) /haz

KEENY
27-03-2006, 12:27 PM
I THINK YOU FIND THERE IS A WAY TO CHANGE WHAT degree it beeps at. sorry for caps