PDA

View Full Version : K&N Filter on Ebay

XRMATT99
06-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Just a quick One!
Can someone confirm that this K&N Filter on Ebay is the correct one for a 1998 Galant 2.0 GLS

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Galant-Colts-Induction-Adapter-K-N-Filter_W0QQitemZ8044451973QQcategoryZ36680QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Cheers

Matt

ANTHONY
06-03-2006, 09:53 PM
yep looks like the right 1 to me even comes with the adaptor but i would also check out these guys
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

creepylonghair
08-03-2006, 06:40 PM
It looks like the same one I got, probably from the same seller.
Should fit fine but it did take a while to arrive from the US and the fitting thingy did need some fettling to make sure the air flow was smooth.

Seemed to make the midrange smoother on my 2.0 and sounds amazing when you floor it.

XRMATT99
08-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Cheers for the replies guys!!

I missed that one anyway but i think im going to go for a Panel Filter in a modded Airbox.

Cheers

Matt

ANTHONY
08-03-2006, 08:54 PM
go for the k&n panel filter

XRMATT99
10-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Right, Ive managed to get a K&N Panel Filter which I intend to fit tomorrow Morning. Ive heard that it is also worth Drilling the Airbox to get a bit of Induction "Roar" and helping with the airflow.
My question therefore is where do I drill the airbox. Im presuming it is the underside but on which side of the filter. or both?

This is probably an obvious question but any help or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

richy rich
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Right, Ive managed to get a K&N Panel Filter which I intend to fit tomorrow Morning. Ive heard that it is also worth Drilling the Airbox to get a bit of Induction "Roar" and helping with the airflow.
My question therefore is where do I drill the airbox. Im presuming it is the underside but on which side of the filter. or both?

This is probably an obvious question but any help or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt
i would not do this but if i did then it would be on the right hand side only
so you are not pulling in hot air witch you would do anywhere else

XRMATT99
13-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Well I fitted my Panel Filter yesterday and drilled a few choice holes in the airbox. WOW!! The Induction Roar is fantastic and the pick up certainly seems to have improved. It seems to accelerate a lot smoother.
Im well Chuffed!!

Cheers

matt