PDA

View Full Version : Whats this hole?

BraindG
02-10-2003, 06:46 PM
This is one of many posts youll see..
if you could, could you please INSERT INTO post VALUES (pretty please) take a photo of the same area, this will give me an idea of whats supposed to be there..

ok.. on the rear turbo there is a hole - i cant seem to find anything that lives there..its not used to bolt the heat shield down.. so must be some form of pipe..

any ideas? photos?

Nick VR4
03-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Its pipe work very small and follows the same line as the bigger one
Then as far as i can see it bends round engine block using rubber pipe and carrys on under linkage etc
Cant see ant further than that ?

BraindG
03-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Nick..
ive got a bit of a problem with the turbo.. I have two bits of tubing that would fit that hole.. however.. they are bent really weird, and no matter where the hell i try and put it.. i cant find any logical place they would go..
so i think i have pipes that do not belong on our cars..

This tube is a small one.. and it, aswell as the screw that fits it will go into the top hole nicely.. but, they way the pipe is bent.. i cant get it to go any where..

INSERT INTO post VALUES (come to think of it.. it might be my brakes?)

BraindG
03-10-2003, 07:33 PM
infact... the more i think of it :Ponder: :Ponder: .. ill check the brakes in the morning

BraindG
03-10-2003, 07:41 PM
however.. i still have an issue with the rear turbo..
there are another 2 holes on it.. making 3 in total!

the one you can already see in my picture.. the one hole you can see at the top.. and there is another one down the side.. towards the front of the car :eek:
where the bloody hell does that go..INSERT INTO post VALUES ( i was wondering to my self..:eek: )

quick question about that pipe you followed.. what was the end like? did the rubber tube go over it? or was the end like the ones in the picture?

any ideas where the hell the 3rd hole goes to?
i have a feeling im going to have to get these pipes made up.. cos i dont beleive the ones you see above are the ones i need to use.. unless of course i was being a right spaz and not getting it in the right direction.. INSERT INTO post VALUES (no Innuendoes - honest)

heres a pic of the 3rd hole and its a bigger one that the one at the top.. the hole at the top of the picture is the one in the above pictures.. the one that is physically on top of it..
INSERT INTO post VALUES (oh boy, now im confused)

BraindG
03-10-2003, 07:42 PM
this is not just directed at nick.. if anyone else feels like having a look.. please do.. cos if we know where the pipes go.. we can get some pipes made up tomorrow...

Brind
03-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Does this one help?

Ohhh that looks rusty. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

BraindG
03-10-2003, 08:14 PM
yeah and no.. i really need to know where that pipe ends up.. and what the end is like.. from why i recon.. it goes to a rubber pipe.. but the pipes i have, would suggest it goes into another hole.. like the ends of the pipes in the pictures above..

but.. also the third pipe.. which is just down behind the intercoolerpipe..
if you could stick camera down there that would be nice :D also wouldnt mind know where the third pipe goes

Nick VR4
03-10-2003, 08:14 PM
I have looked and its really hard to try and follow pipes etc
It seems to be metal pipes that go into rubber pipes INSERT INTO post VALUES (bigger) then in to smaller smaller pipes INSERT INTO post VALUES (metal) and bend round other pipes or underneath pipes
Its a foooking maze :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

BraindG
03-10-2003, 08:17 PM
third pipe would be here if there was light

BraindG
03-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Nick VR4
I have looked and its really hard to try and follow pipes etc
It seems to be metal pipes that go into rubber pipes INSERT INTO post VALUES (bigger) then in to smaller smaller pipes INSERT INTO post VALUES (metal) and bend round other pipes or underneath pipes
Its a foooking maze :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

yeah i know. its giving me a headache.. but this is the last thing i need to sort - on the pipes side of things INSERT INTO post VALUES (but then i jsut seen another pipe i didnt know about on brinds picture on another post :INSERT INTO post VALUES ()

why dont i have two vr4's /sighs

Brind
03-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Is Zedy free again? that's the best thing really, as I've taken a few pictures but you just can't see anything properly. :rolleyes:

BraindG
03-10-2003, 08:26 PM
dont think he can make it sat.. and ive got my mate coming round tomorrow you see.. hence the "urgency".. we can prolly figure out where they go.. but would prefer to know, instead of guess...

zedy1
03-10-2003, 09:33 PM
wouldave come but cars in garage tommorow see if i could sort the telephone line tommorow and ill fax you the apexi diagram would give you an idea