PDA

View Full Version : Where these pipes go?

BraindG
02-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Again, i cant seem to find anything that these pipes could connect to.. am i missing something there? doesnt look like they fit into the induction pipe.

BraindG
02-10-2003, 06:51 PM
close up

BraindG
02-10-2003, 06:59 PM
oh bollocks, just found this (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1439) post.. whats that big bit at the back? i must be missing that..

BraindG
02-10-2003, 07:06 PM
looking at it more closely.. i know what that is.. never mind.. me gots that :D

BraindG
03-10-2003, 07:06 PM
ok - i have found homes for all the pipes!

there was a black plate with two extender bits on it.. this screwed right onto the back..

however.. as you can see there is a little red arrow.. now im not 100% but im pretty surei know which pipe goes on there.. but its bloody too short..

could someone do me a favour please?..
Could you run your fingers along those two pipes?.. they should both finish about a couple cm to the left INSERT INTO post VALUES (front of engine) it thats the case. then maybe my pipe has been cut.. but i would appreciate someone just quickly checking..

BraindG
03-10-2003, 07:16 PM
heres a close up...

thats how close it is :Cry1:

BraindG
03-10-2003, 07:24 PM
now this pipe i have no bloody idea about.. it could even be part of my EVC. but could someone see where their pipe goes?

as you can see its a pretty long tube.. about.. 30/35cm long.. im holding the end up so you can see it.. and it comes out of that little rusted looking box - with a black plastic thing on it :)

the reason i say it could be me EVC is that the wrap thats around the tube.. is the same as all the EVC tubing..

but.. i dunno.. i never fitted it..

zedy1
03-10-2003, 09:43 PM
quite possible it is for the evc if it is then it would go on the smaller pic were arrowed

-LegnumVR4-
04-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by BraindG
now this pipe i have no bloody idea about.. it could even be part of my EVC. but could someone see where their pipe goes?

as you can see its a pretty long tube.. about.. 30/35cm long.. im holding the end up so you can see it.. and it comes out of that little rusted looking box - with a black plastic thing on it :)

the reason i say it could be me EVC is that the wrap thats around the tube.. is the same as all the EVC tubing..

but.. i dunno.. i never fitted it..

No thats a factory pipe Barry, it connects to the throttle body near the throttle sensor. If you look just to the left of the throttle sensor INSERT INTO post VALUES (black plastic thing with the brown looking plug connecting to it) there is a little brass looking pipe coming out of the throttle body. Make sure it's clamped too!

Try and catch me on MSN or email me detailed photos and I can help ya out if u get stuck.