PDA

View Full Version : any one done any serious mods to the N/A v6??

Gly
10-03-2006, 09:59 AM
just wondering...
after doing the exhaust and airfilter.. there really isnt much else is there...

would the v6 bennifit from having a afc installed??
bigger injectors.. maybe a vr4 intake plenum??

bradc
10-03-2006, 10:23 AM
When I get my manifold and throttle body back up I'll give those to you so you can test how much of a differance they make.

How restrictive is the stock exhaust manifold, and would it be worthwhile grinding the cams? I assume you have removed the cat?

I don't know how rich or lean they normally run so I don't know how much a fuel controller would increase performance.

Paul Beazer
12-03-2006, 10:12 PM
What about chipping the ECU? Are there any freely available for V6 na galants?

Other than exhaust and filter mods, im not sure what else can be done. Its bad enough getting tuning parts for 6A13TT's, let alone 6A13's!

kato
12-03-2006, 10:22 PM
have you considered a vortex supercharger I saw one of these for sale a while back at a breakers in usa coming off a galant. try /www.vortechsuperchargers.com

Kenneth
12-03-2006, 10:24 PM
There is lots you can do with a N/A

plane the heads, port & polish, cams, ITBs, exaust... list goes on

If you are willing to commit to high octane gas, you should be able to get the compression increased by getting the heads skimmed. While you are at it it pays to get the valves cut (3 or 4 angle) or replaced with lightweight valves. You would do the valve stem seals at the same time.

Any port/polish work could be done witht he heads off, depends on how far you want to go with it. at least take a look at the casting and take off any obvious casting flaws to smooth out the flow.

I did a bit of this sort of work on my motorcycle engine... then some bastard T-Boned me not long after i got it back on the road. Insurance just wrote it off :(

richy rich
13-03-2006, 10:51 PM
any one done any serious mods to the n/a v6????????????

yes the vee he's put a proper engine in :2thumbsup

ill get my coat

OSiRiS
13-03-2006, 11:05 PM
I've got a VR4 fuel pump for sale...