PDA

View Full Version : First 'D' Service - $2000 (est)

KiwiTT
03-10-2003, 01:35 AM
I have booked in my car for a full 'D' service at Auckland Motors. They have estimated for me just under $2,000

It includes a CAM Belt and Waterpump replacement.

I suspect I will do this once every 3-4 years.

I am not sure how well it was maintained in the past, hence the 1st 'huge' upfront cost.

jtfleming
03-10-2003, 02:03 AM
OUCH!!!:Cry1: :Cry1: Does this include plugs?

KiwiTT
03-10-2003, 02:17 AM
If that is part of the 'D' service. I suspect so.

Ultra VR-4
06-10-2003, 10:25 PM
If that is part of the 'D' service. I suspect so.

you ought to check, as apparently changing the spark plugs is a major job. You have to pretty much take the whole car apart anyway, and since you are changing the cam belt, it would be worth it to change the spark plugs at the same time.

Ultra VR-4
06-10-2003, 10:26 PM
where is auckland motors by the way? is that a mitsubishi dealer?

KiwiTT
06-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Website here (http://www.aucklandmotors.co.nz/)

I will confirm about the spark plugs!!

Ultra VR-4
06-10-2003, 10:37 PM
make sure they change the AYC fluid as well...
is your VR-4 under warrenty?

KiwiTT
06-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Yes, I was there meeting with the service manager and he got the price and talked about using a MUT. And it is under warranty by Motorplus

KiwiTT
15-10-2003, 09:36 PM
All belts replaced, including cambelt
All fluids replaced, including AYC, Transmission, oil
Spark Plugs replaced, Water pump replaced
All electrics checked, even adjusting the time on the radio, I hadn't got around to changing due to daylight saving.
Full Valet Service

It now feels really tight and firm.

Auckland Motors, Grey Lynn

JForce
24-11-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by KiwiTT
All belts replaced, including cambelt
All fluids replaced, including AYC, Transmission, oil
Spark Plugs replaced, Water pump replaced
All electrics checked, even adjusting the time on the radio, I hadn't got around to changing due to daylight saving.
Full Valet Service

It now feels really tight and firm.

Auckland Motors, Grey Lynn

Any ideas on what that would cost without the water pump? Did yours need doing?

KiwiTT
24-11-2003, 03:15 AM
You may save $200.

I got this "Big D Service" done, because I wasn't sure about it's service history. This fixed most of those fears.

disciple
27-12-2005, 02:31 AM
i've got an autosure dealership warranty, bloody awesome, which requires me to do regular certified servicing to keep it under warranty. so far i've learnt that because of the car type, all i need is the cambelt to be done or checked by a certified mech, everything else i can do myself and proove with reciepts and my warrant will still hold up. makes it alot cheaper when it comes time to service things. another way around a killer price tag is to join AA, which costs next to nothing but gives you massive discounts on all work, and AA garages are pretty much all 'warranty certified', which will keep them happy.