PDA

View Full Version : Hoy Darren!!

the_boy
03-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Alreet Darren,

I was just wondering how the car was coming along etc since you bought it from A1 Performance Centre in Newcastle.

They've got a couple of Legnums currently sitting on Tyneside Docks and Del is going to call me as soon as they become available. Have you had any major problems? I'm assuming you did a part exchange on your old motor, what are they like for this sort of stuff ie. I was hoping to use the lack of in car entertainment and sat nav as leverage since they have it advertised with the car against my current one.
Am getting itchy feet for one of these but have a tendancy to worry too much about stuff that may go wrong. :nervous:

I know you've had the motor now for a few months and thought you'd have formed an opinion, if you're willing to share :thumb:

Sorry for the post but I thought I'd have a better chance of you seeing it on the forum rather than via PM.

Cheers

Rock and Roll :band:

Darren
06-10-2003, 07:57 AM
Ok, I traded my 98R 2.0 GLS for 4000 against the the car being 8995. Selling the car privately I was looking a 3700 Max. They sold the car on for 3995. So I was up on that deal.

The only problem I've had was with the traction control, it blows a fuse so must have some sort of short. Can't be bothered to pay to get it sorted since the AYC takes care of me. Other than that the car is sound. I think they are prepared to come down a bit because they get cars for much cheaper in japan so be a bit cheeky when they ask how much you want for your car.

Mine came with a 1 year warranty which fixes the usuals up to a price of 1000, I paid 45 extra to cover the turbos. Be aware though mate, the petrol consumption on this thing is a real eyeopener. I do a tank a week just going to work. Westerhope to Wallsend. Still you've got to allow for the 140 down the coast road at 6 in the morning, Scare the sh*t out fo the milk floats, haha.
You won't be disapointed with the performance though. After about a month I got used to the power and generally trust the car enough to drift it in the wet, much to the annoyance of the wife, she needs a stress ball or something.
The car is quite strange really, sometimes you put you're foot down a bit and it changes down and people go ooohh, then you floor it, and it changes down again and people go AAAAAGGHHH. I love it though, just a bit peeved that the petrol goes down in increments of a quarter tank only.

the_boy
06-10-2003, 08:44 AM
LOL..........cheers Darren, much appreciated.

Petrol consumption shouldn't be too bad, I only do about 8000 miles per year or should that be 8000 thrashed miles :D

Went to see the car they've just put on the forecourt but I wasn't very impressed. If anyone wants to view it it's here
www.a1centre.co.uk The car was a bit ragged and could have been tidied up better. Going to wait and see what the black saloon looks like when it arrives.

Darren
07-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Yeah Pre-Modded with kakky wheels, not sure I'd buy it either.