PDA

View Full Version : fuel injection cleaner

gaz70
13-03-2006, 10:02 PM
my car failed its mot on emissions, i was advised by evrybody to make sure its warm and give it some fuel injection cleaner. i have done this tonight and given the car a right frashing,my question is will the bloke taking my car on thursday be able to put more in or will one go be enough? does it damage the engine if you over do it or is it safe?:thinking:

Wodjno
13-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Are you close to anyone with a wideband 02 sensor ??

When you warm it up, make sure it's warmed up properly not a fast thrash to put some heat in it.

What mileage is it. ??

Have you got an after market exhaust ??

If you are putting more injector cleaner in, as long as it's the correct amount for the amount of fuel your putting in it shouln't do no harm.. You can get a cleaner that you stick about 25-30mm in with each tankful once you have done the initial 1 shot cleaner.

Might be also be worth changing the Lambda Sensor on the car, if it fails again !!

gaz70
13-03-2006, 10:34 PM
the car has 47000 on the clock,and it has an after market exhaust. i dont think there is anyone with an o2 sensor close to me. If it does fail again would one of thoes carbereter centers do any good? also is a lambda sensor easy to get,and if so what would be the cost?

WildCards
14-03-2006, 12:24 AM
I had this problem and have been running numerous tankfuls of petrol with additive through. I was advised to get a new Lambda sensor, but haven't, I'm hoping the additive will do the trick.

FYI - Mitsubishi want £180 for the sensors, so i'd have a talk with Mo. Sure he can do alot better than that.