PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing Parts

WildCards
14-03-2006, 04:19 PM
How easy is it for you NZ guys to source parts for the VR4?

I was thinking after reading a few recent posts regarding Brembos, that there appear to be a far greater number of VR4's in NZ, so wasn't sure if you could source the more rare parts (such as >facelift hub carriers). If you could get your hands on say 5 sets, would it be feasable to ship them over to the UK?

Cheers

Steve

mpau009
14-03-2006, 06:53 PM
How easy is it for you NZ guys to source parts for the VR4?

I was thinking after reading a few recent posts regarding Brembos, that there appear to be a far greater number of VR4's in NZ, so wasn't sure if you could source the more rare parts (such as >facelift hub carriers). If you could get your hands on say 5 sets, would it be feasable to ship them over to the UK?

In terms of auto dismantlers, you can get most prefacelft parts fairly cheap, especially if its a part common to more models than just the VR4. But i haven't really tried to get anything for a facelift, im sure it can be done, but it might be a bit more expensive. Or course you could always ask mitsibishi...:greedy: :bigcry:

I'm sure someone will know someone who knows someone.

WildCards
14-03-2006, 06:59 PM
It's not that i'm in need of some parts, but as post facelift hub carriers are rather sought after, I didn't know whether it would be worthwhile to get a load imported from somewhere where they maybe more common. Just wondered how common post facelift cars were in NZ really.

Cheers mpau

Steve

bradc
14-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I've seen quite a few facelift cars here recently, probably 1 or 2 a day, but most of the time they are 2.0 or 2.4 models, not VR-4's. I see a facelift VR-4 every week if I am lucky, so I think it may be quite difficult to track down parts still. I see anywhere up to 5 prefacelift VR-4's a day ;)

Does anyone know if the hub carriers on all 5 stud facelift cars are the same? Lots of the facelift cars here are 5 stud, and there is a chance they could all be the same.

Gly
14-03-2006, 07:40 PM
www.kempys.co.nz

would probabilly be your best bet

richy rich
14-03-2006, 07:40 PM
facelift VR-4 every week if I am lucky

i see one when i go to a meet or working on one or visiting

never seen one in a year that is not in above cat