PDA

View Full Version : Uprated Fuel Pressure Regulator !

Wodjno
14-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Sorry to anyone who has responded to this already ! Can i ask you to respond again as i cocked the last thread up ..

Leading on from the UPRATED FUEL PUMP THREAD(see here) http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14801

Here is a FPR to work along side the New Pump.

I reckon the price will be below £50. So for the both the FPR & FP it's gonna cost around £90-£100..:2thumbsup

BOBBY BARGAIN :happy:

JDM FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR FOR ALL MOTORS..

Including.. cupra all mk's,ibzia,toledo,skoda,octavia...vrs..all models!etc

And all AUDI,FORD,SEAT,ROVER,MAZDA,MITSUBUISHI,HONDA....

THE FITTING KIT SUPPLIED HAS BRACKETS AND CLIPS TO COPE WITH ALL MODELS FUEL RAILS!

SIMPLE PLUG AND PLAY FIT...

I WILL CHUCK IN RACE SILICONE HOSING, SO YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER

EXPECT SMOOTHER POWER CURVE,YOU WILL GAIN DECENT BHP TOO, YOUR MILEAGE PER GALLON WILL GO DOWN WHEN DRIVING 'NORMALLY' AS THE PRESSURE DICTATES A BETTER COMBUSTION RATE!..IF PAIRED WITH THE WALBRO FUEL PUMP[255 LPH] OR ANY UPRATED FUEL PUMP, EXPECT MASSIVE POWER GAINS!

BRAND NEW BILLET FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

Universal fit

Universal Adjustable compact sized adjustable fuel pressure regulator for high performance vehicles. Constructed of 6061 T-6 billet aluminum and is capable of supplying enough fuel for engines in excess of 1000 horsepower. Features threaded ports, which allows you to tailor the regulator output to any fuel pump, whether it be the stock unit or a high-flow aftermarket pump.

this will seriosly increase performance throughout all engine ranges,from standard to cipped to highly modified....you just set it to application and away you go....simple plug and play kit!...

Stainless steel spring custom designed for precise fuel control

CNC-machined aluminum seat, ports and housing

Why is the fuel pressure regulator necessary to any vehicle?

The Billet Aluminum Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator provides you with the ability to adjust fuel pressure for maximum efficiency and horsepower gains. Factory regulators are not adjustable and wear out over time due to weakening internal spring tension which reduces power and mileage. Stock vehicles with high mileage can restore lost power by simply replacing the regulator and performance built motors benefit from the ability to precisely meter fuel delivery. The Regulator is a direct replacement and features. adjuster to prevent stripping unlike other designs. Precision machined out of billet aluminum.

bernmc
14-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Me..

Wodjno
14-03-2006, 10:12 PM
It looks like the Price of the FPR should be no more than £40.. :2thumbsup

I will confirm the price by tommorow :happy:

WildCards
14-03-2006, 10:18 PM
So, I should see power gains from having a better fuel pump and FPR? What sort of figures are we talking about Glenn?

zedy1
14-03-2006, 10:54 PM
moi :2thumbsup

WildCards
14-03-2006, 11:01 PM
As said before Glenn, what does it mean by "expect massive power gains" Can you quantify this for me? and Yes, put me down for one.

bradc
15-03-2006, 12:05 AM
wildcards, did you see that post I did about the FPR? http://www.rpw.com.au/Products/Fuel%20Products/FSE%20FPR%20units.htm

caishanvr4
15-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Oh what the hell, yes to both. I hope it really does what it says on the tin/pan

SGHOM
15-03-2006, 12:41 AM
As said before Glenn, what does it mean by "expect massive power gains" Can you quantify this for me? and Yes, put me down for one.
you'll get NO power gains from an uprated fuel pump & FPR.

but.............. If your serious about modifing the engine, then these are a 'must have'. :2thumbsup

I ran a 12.4, 1/4 without adding more fuel. If you have you're car re-mapped, they will be taking fuel out, not adding more.

but for £90 or so, I'm tempted myself........................ just in case !! :scholar: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

valmes
15-03-2006, 12:58 AM
I would correct that statement - "expect massive power gains", to "expect safe power gains", when you are ready for them... :) (but not from the pump or AFPR)

Running lean because stock pump gave up when you upped the boost - is bad...
as is, getting too rich all over the place when you upgraded your pump...
or again getting non linear boost to fuel pressure ratio, may result in both rich and lean condition...

So new(upgraded) pump gives some safety margin...
and AFPR gets you some control...

btw if you plan on getting Fuel controller latter on, you can up your base fuel
pressure to allow for more flow through your existing injectors!

Although I would be careful in choosing both.
Pumps are not all the same and you have to be sure 100% that it flows better than what you have now.
AFPRs also come in different shapes...

valmes
15-03-2006, 01:07 AM
... and it won't be a direct fit/bolt on (I am talking about an AFPR as seen on the picture).
Although it won't be too much trouble for a good, cooperative mechanic :) to fit it to your fuel rail...

L6
15-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Although I would be careful in choosing both.
Pumps are not all the same and you have to be sure 100% that it flows better than what you have now.
AFPRs also come in different shapes...

I was just about to put my hand up and shout me I'll have one,
and now I think I may wait and see how people get on with using both of these.

I used to run a FPR in my prev car and it did a cracking job, it did just as it said on the tin (box).

I surppose it's down to how well the FPR is set and the flow of the pump.

will be good to see / hear how the results come out

Then I will probably go for it.

Wouter
15-03-2006, 09:03 AM
As it fits most cars... I'll have one for the Lancer!! :evil2:

Dream Weaver
15-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Put me down for one please.

I have also asked for a fuel pump on the fuel pump thread.

Thanks.

NevGroom
15-03-2006, 10:17 AM
I'd better take one of these to go with the pump

zentac
15-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Theres no point getting an Uprated Fuel Pressure Regulator, the standard setup is more than capable of coping with the maximum boost your turbo`s can put out. So unless your planning to upgrade your turbo`s which 99% of you wont be theres no point. Upgrade the pump - yes, FPR - no!

Wodjno
15-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Sorry if the statement in the first post is mis-leading about power gains. It was cut and pasted, not written by my own hands. It was not mean't to be an advertisement for Power Gains, just a bit of info and pics about the FPR that you may be purchasing.

I am under No Illusion that upgrading either or both of these items will give you Huge or Any Power gains. My reason for changing them is that both my fuel pump and regulator are now 8 years old and dealt with 120000miles worth of fuel. They may be tired and they may not be, i just want to be sure that with the Mods i am doing to my car, that there is enough fuel being delivered at all times and also to cope with any further upgrades(including Turbo's). For the Sum Total of less than £100 for both of these items, i can tell you that i have no problem making the decision of whether to buy or not to buy.. At the end of the day everyone can make there own decision and every one will come to there own conclusions on what should and shouldn't, can or can't or what is or isn't a necessary upgrade for there vehicle.

Each to there own and all that.. :thinking:

If you want 1 buy if you don't then don't..:happy:

Axeboy
15-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Id be up for one at that price...

Rally205
15-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Is it the one in the picture Glenn? i.e Does it come with a gauge? If so I'll have one:happy:

valmes
15-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Theres no point getting an Uprated Fuel Pressure Regulator, the standard setup is more than capable of coping with the maximum boost your turbo`s can put out. So unless your planning to upgrade your turbo`s which 99% of you wont be theres no point. Upgrade the pump - yes, FPR - no!

How is it connected to boost? Boost is just a reference point for any FPR... more important is how much flow your pump can provide and if your stock FPR is overrun by the pump it(FPR) just won't work right...

Mine was overrun by Walbro High Pressure hot wired 255lph pump even at idle... when under boost it was even worse, since stock FPR spring just could not close the return line to keep up the fuel pressure with rising boost. It was a mess!

There are Walbros 255lph pumps (not high pressure) that could work just fine with stock FPR if not hot wired...

Wodjno
15-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Is it the one in the picture Glenn? i.e Does it come with a gauge? If so I'll have one:happy:

Yes it's the 1 in the Piccy :happy:

shooter
15-03-2006, 09:23 PM
If its at that price I am up for one as well.

cheers
Shooter

caishanvr4
16-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Zentac

Theres no point getting an Uprated Fuel Pressure Regulator, the standard setup is more than capable of coping with the maximum boost your turbo`s can put out. So unless your planning to upgrade your turbo`s which 99% of you wont be theres no point.

Originally posted by Tmarklewuk

I used to run a FPR in my prev car and it did a cracking job, it did just as it said on the tin (box).

http://www.lancer-evo.net/community/images/smiles/crackup.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:emoticon%28%27:crackup:%27%29)
Im all confused now /help

Wodjno
16-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Get your brakes sorted !!

Wouter
16-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey WODJ, any idea how long it would take to get these?

Wodjno
16-03-2006, 10:13 AM
I placed the order around 10mins ago. They quote 5-7 working days for delivery.. So if thet dispatch them today iwould expect them to arrive next Friday.. :happy:

pezza
16-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Good stuff m8, is that just the FPRs or both pumps and FPRs?

Wouter
16-03-2006, 10:17 AM
What will the final figure be with the post & packaging? and how would you like payment!

Wodjno
16-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Thats just the FPR's! I have ordered 30 as they are Universal so i can sell on what are not needed on here and make a few quid on e-bay. :happy: The fuel pumps i will make a decision on how many i am going to order by tomorrow night. Thats the Deadline.. I really need 20 confirmed sales. I will then order a batch of 30 as i don't mind having a stock of 10 lying around for peeps to buy as and when..

Wodjno
16-03-2006, 10:33 AM
PRICE NOW CONFIRMED AT £41 delivered.. :2thumbsup

If your having an Uprated Fuel Pump to and wait for both together, you obviously a little more dosh on the postage when they are dispatched together.. :happy:

pezza
16-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Goodo :thumbsup:

Wodjno
17-03-2006, 01:08 AM
FPR's have been dispatched from source and are at this moment in time on route to the UK.. I have tracking number so will keep you updated as and when :2thumbsup

The Vee
17-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Well done Showaddywaddywodjno, I'll have one please. merci an all:2thumbsup

Axeboy
17-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I'll take one

WildCards
18-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Nice one Wodj :2thumbsup

kato
20-03-2006, 12:33 AM
:evilgrin: I wonder if the better half would notice if I add the cost to the service thats needed, im sure its recomended by my garage.

Wodjno
23-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Right ! I have taken delivery of the FPR's :2thumbsup I am now just wiating for the Fuel pumps. :thinking: When they arrive i will be able to give an exact price for the 2.. :happy:
All those interested in either a Pump, FPR or Both, could you please PM me with your requirements. The Total amount of Votes doesn't Tally up with the Peeps that have posted up that they want 1. Also can you PM me your prefered method of payment ! ie. Cheque, Postal Order, Cash or PayPal. If payment is by cheque then i will have to wait for clearance of the cheque before dispatching your goods..

Cheers

WODJ !

richieelliott
10-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Fpr please and paypal is good

Wodjno
10-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Fpr please and paypal is good

Fire away :2thumbsup ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ :rifle:

richieelliott
10-11-2006, 01:21 PM
an amount and an email please xxx

Wodjno
10-11-2006, 08:18 PM
an amount and an email please xxx

Price is as above :inquisiti £41.. If you want a fuel rail adaptor aswell :thinking: Total will be £67 :happy:

richieelliott
17-11-2006, 01:39 PM
money sent but not had confirmation that you have it bloke?

Wodjno
17-11-2006, 04:40 PM
money sent but not had confirmation that you have it bloke?

Received with thanks :2thumbsup Will be dispatched tomorrow :happy:

richieelliott
23-11-2006, 10:43 PM
coming via horse and cart? lol

Spirit
23-11-2006, 11:15 PM
coming via horse and cart? lol

Well you do live in Cornwall mate, so it wouldn't surprise me once it got to the Tamar bridge /lol

richieelliott
23-11-2006, 11:26 PM
I hate this kind of prejudice you know full well that the horse and cart was retired last year and we now have the penny farthing delivery man do all the work!

richieelliott
27-11-2006, 10:43 PM
penny farthing bloke arrived many thanks