PDA

View Full Version : F#**ing Brakes!!

caishanvr4
16-03-2006, 02:20 AM
There is something seriously wrong with my brakes /help. Ive been encountering loads of brake pedal travel for the last couple of months and dont even tell me about braking distance:stop:. Today i went to kwit fiks to get my brakes bleed for the hope that they would improve,Fat chance /duh
Their even worse/wall it was mentioned that i may need the master brake cylinder renewed.Does this sound right, has anyone changed their MBC and did it solve the problem?How much are they, Is there anyway other than bleeding which can give my brakes less travel and more bites.whats this sats lottery no's.

Cheers

Gly
16-03-2006, 05:15 AM
sounds like the MBC, check if theres any fluid around it.... if there is its needs a rebuild kit or replacement...

dickytim
16-03-2006, 05:33 AM
does sound right, get it re-sleeved with a stainless sleeve, should be right as rain for ages then.

bernmc
16-03-2006, 07:45 AM
/Banana /Poms Mo Mo He's Your Man! If Mo can't get it, No-one Can! /Poms /Banana

pezza
16-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Yes Paul get it changed geeza... Your brakes or not just ineffective they are dangerous
when I tried them... I hope that is your next priority.... before making the car go faster and sound nicer...

dickytim
16-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I feel I should add, I had the same thing with my clutch master cylinder, no leaks but it was not disengaging the clutch very much, this combined with a wearing clutch made me think it was just the clutch, I replaced the clutch and then found it would not bleed up properly, after a few weeks and a flywheel coming loose I took the master cylinder, the slave cylinder and the funny little valve and had them all resleeved, they work fine.

Next step is to remove the brake master cylinder, when I do the brakes and have it resleeved and rebuilt, should improve my braking no end.

as a side not apparently the sleeves in the cylinders are not stainless and deminish with time.

caishanvr4
16-03-2006, 07:19 PM
OK, thanks for the advice dickytim :2thumbsup
Right then,what sort of places can i get my brakes resleeved and any estimates on cost /Hmmm

caishanvr4
17-03-2006, 12:43 AM
/help need brakes advice :happy:

Wodjno
17-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Get replacement Master Cylinder off Mo !! Do a fluid change aswell.. No more than a couple of hours work and your cheapest option.. :happy:

dickytim
17-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Can't comment on cost but here in NZ I use Auto Stop or Pitstop, any brake place really.

Rally205
17-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I would be extremely surprised if you could find someone to sleeve a brake cylinder in the UK/pan

strangebat
20-03-2006, 11:20 PM
might be a daft question but is you're car due a recall for its brakes and if so has it been done.

when mine got done mitsi replaced most of the sytem including master/slave cylenders and all the pipework.......for free:2thumbsup

KiwiTT
21-03-2006, 02:54 AM
Yes, check the recall status.