PDA

View Full Version : is it a problem

gaz70
18-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Igave my car a real good clean today and when i cleaned the engine bay i noticed that there was a small oil spillage out of the top of the suspension,it had sprayed the underside of the bonnet and around the strut brace.Is this a problem or is it the results of the lousey roads around me. If this is aproblem could somebody give me advise on what to do next,and maybee the costs involved(but dont frighten me to much)
CHEERS:2thumbsup

Kieran
18-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Where exactly was the oil Gaz? Was it just in the engine bay, or was it dribbling down the shock absorber too? And which side was it?

gaz70
18-03-2006, 06:40 PM
It wasnt that much it looks like a litle has escapped out of the top on the drivers side.what did make me wonder was that it had splattered onto the underside of the bonnet. But again there wasnt that much, maybee it will just have to be monitored more closely.there is nothing on the offside suspenssion

gaz70
18-03-2006, 06:41 PM
the oil marks indicate to me that it has seeped out of the top just to give more detail,and it was oil.

Kieran
18-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Weird! The top of the suspension strut should be sealed up.... It should be impossible for strut oil to get through.

Oh, wait a minute.... My VR-4's belts keep flicking road crap onto the underneath of the bonnet and that's often oily... Maybe that? Can you take a picture or two?

richy rich
19-03-2006, 02:16 AM
id suggest clean and monitor.

as k said crap can be thrown up.

and if you have stock shockers on, there is no oil to come out of top of suspension,
closest point is top of shock cylinder witch is a good 5/6" below top of shocker ram.

BraindG
19-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Oh, wait a minute.... My VR-4's belts keep flicking road crap onto the underneath of the bonnet and that's often oily... Maybe that? Can you take a picture or two?

Would seem the most logical reason..

gaz70
19-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I have been out in the car today and i have had a look under the bonnet and there is nothing there,so it seems something must of splashed up. it was just so perfectly placed to make it look like a leek.