PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Peugeot 106 Lower Wishbones

WildCards
18-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Any know a cheap place to source lower wishbones for a 106. Picked mine up today only to realise a bush needs replacing. Which I can get done without too much hassle, but i'd rather replace the wishbones as they are 11 years old. Anyone know where I can get them for under £80 a pair.

P.S. I'll get pix up shortly, but in the mean time - i've done 120 miles and used 1/8th tank of fuel which cost me £36 of derv :speechles

Kieran
19-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Any know a cheap place to source lower wishbones for a 106. Picked mine up today only to realise a bush needs replacing. Which I can get done without too much hassle, but i'd rather replace the wishbones as they are 11 years old. Anyone know where I can get them for under £80 a pair.

Have you tried EuroCarparts or German Sweedish and French?

Search for them in google. If they don't list on their websites - give 'em a call....

Smokinmasta2
19-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Have you tried EuroCarparts or German Sweedish and French?

Search for them in google. If they don't list on their websites - give 'em a call....

Tis deffo the place to go - cheap as chips. An example: Fuel injection relay went on my Mk1 Golf GTi, VAG wanted 45+vat German Swede and Frog wanted 13.75 inc - and bloke said sorry it was a bit pricey and if he had more time he would have cross ref other parts to see if there was a cheaper one!!!!

WildCards
19-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Yep, tried ECP & GCF, £40 a piece from both places. Tried fleabay but the same again. i'll have to invest I think, as one of the bushes is completely kernackered, and both wishbones are originals so could do with replacing.

Cheers guys - Steve

stevec205gti
19-03-2006, 04:29 PM
If you can replace the bushes by themselves I'd do that instead of buying GSF wishbones. On the 205 the bushes often take a battering and on the 205 forum i'm on it's not uncommon for the gsf wishbones (which come with the bushes in them) to only last a matter of months rather than years (on the 205 the lower ball joint can only be changed by replacing the whole wishbone hence so many people changing them)

WildCards
19-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Just looking at that now Steve. Goona be loads cheaper than buying two new wishbones.