PDA

View Full Version : CVR4 Workshop Day?

You See
19-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Following the dyno day, most of us may be considering doing upgrade/downgrade work on our cars. What do you reckon about a day where we all can exchange ideas and lend a helping hand on each others cars?
I know we're all seriously concerned about cold air induction, if we were to organise a large sheet of aluminum we could all do our cold air boxes together...saving everyone a bit of cash!
Ideas? Comments?

mpau009
19-03-2006, 01:38 AM
What do you reckon about a day where we all can exchange ideas and lend a helping hand on each others cars?
I know we're all seriously concerned about cold air induction, if we were to organise a large sheet of aluminum we could all do our cold air boxes together...saving everyone a bit of cash!
Ideas? Comments?

Downgrade... hhmmm...

Sounds good, i can't really afford to do much until the Uni break, but i'll tag along.

Iv designed an airbox that will fit in where the battery was, is sealed, and draws air from a couple of points. I'm getting a mate to draw it up on a CAD program, so it can get the pieces cut in aluminium with water or lazer (they would supply the material), and then just have it welded up. I'm definately keen to get together and discuss that sort of thing, and have a good look at the ones people already have.

I'm sure if we want to get a few cut out it wouldn't be much more, and is probably easier than cutting it out yourself, cause they work out the most efficient way of cutting the bits out. (plus they come out near perfect)

SO TO summarise: Yes i'm keen.:smash:

Kenneth
19-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Sure, ill be there. :)

bradc
19-03-2006, 04:51 AM
I'd like to offer our shed, but as you know Uc we are moving soon and almost everything is packed up, once it is complete we will have a lot of space well out in the country which will be handy.

I think that a workshop for a day long thing to move people's batteries into the boot, installing a cold air box and doing the required pipe work would be a very good idea and I would still be keen to host it, it just depends on when we decide to do it.

ShadyNZer
19-03-2006, 08:55 PM
sounds good...wouldnt mind chuckin this decat pipe on someday soon lol but yeah the batteries and cold air box sounds choice :thumbsup:

jaimz
19-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I'm keen on a workshop day.
Maybe not on the aluminium induction though... if it ain't broke... :evilgrin:

i3ooyah
19-03-2006, 11:39 PM
lol shady

im keen on a day

bradc
20-03-2006, 02:48 AM
ok, I've been talking with Kenneth and Uc about this today, how is this weekend for everyone? We have room in the shed for about 4 cars, a welder and stuff like that.

We need to sort out a list of what we need to do, so far it looks like installing 2x suspensions and removing one, installing a decat, possibly spark plug work on kenneths car, and fabrication of cold air boxes, and moving the maf slightly.

Lets get the list together by wednesday night, that gives us 3 days to get all the parts ready.

Who can make it this weekend?

Kenneth
20-03-2006, 03:13 AM
I will be there

dreamer
20-03-2006, 05:24 AM
Workshop day sounds great.
Even better when it's down the road at Brads place :2thumbsup

Unfortunatly I'm working this weekend to pay for my new gearbox and seats that I'm putting into my Commodore. :evilgrin:

Gly
20-03-2006, 05:35 AM
i may be able to make it...
i can help with the suspensions... been there done that :D

but i dont know what i can do to my car...

you get that intake plenum back yet brad??

mpau009
20-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Sounds good, I'll definately come along, but i really can't spend any money for three or four weeks, but i'm keen to have some supervision cutting that hole under the battery tray/pan I'm keen to see and add my 2cents on the heat shielding you come up with, but count me out for buying any metal at the moment.

I'll bring the spare 3" aluminium flex i got off trademe as well, if anyone wants some.

Maybe someone would like to diagnose some of the many leaks under both ends of my car as well....:thinking:

bradc
20-03-2006, 06:22 AM
sounds good - you are all welcome, are you sure you can't make it dreamer, what hours are you working on sunday?

Gly - haven't got the intake plenum back yet, I might see it this week, it would be great if we could fit it onto your car in the weekend.

mpau - look forward to seeing you, it may be easiest for you to all meet up at botany and come out, Uc can guide you all to my place :)

You See
20-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Great! ...Looks like we've got a pit crew! ...I'm desperately in need of a box! :D

Kenneth
20-03-2006, 07:53 AM
...I'm desperately in need of a box! :D

thats more info than I needed thanks :P

bradc
20-03-2006, 08:01 AM
ok, so at this stage we are looking at:

mpau - possible cold air box, moving the maf and air filter, cutting holes for flexi pipe, leak diagnosis

Uc - cold air box, suspension install and removal

Jaimz - suspension install and removal

Shady - decat install, possibly moving battery to boot and cold air box, moving maf and filter

Kenneth - spark plug installation, flexi pipe, possible cold air box, moving maf and filter, etc, and a very small chance of something else to install exhaust related :)

Gly - finishing air box, installing turbo's :)

any corrections needed? and can anyone weld?

You See
20-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Gly - finishing air box, installing turbo's :)
/haz

Gly
20-03-2006, 08:49 AM
brad, you volentering your turbos and motor to me??
you dont want mummy to find out how much you really spent now do we?? :D

You See
20-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Uc - cold air box, suspension install and removal
I also have my bumper at your place....ya know, the one like Kenneths! :evilgrin:

bradc
20-03-2006, 09:32 AM
I've only got one spare turbo :)

Uc - don't I have a set of rotors and wastegates at your place?

You See
20-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Sweet, I'll give you my old rotors and wastegates for your...opps I mean my bumper....DEAL!! :D

jaimz
20-03-2006, 09:51 PM
This sounds like it's going to turn out to be one excellent day! :party3:

GroundControl
20-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Doubt I'll be able to make it unfortunately :( Probably going to be working again at this rate...

Gly
21-03-2006, 06:25 AM
is this on saturday or sunday?? and what time will this be happening??

You See
21-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Sunday and leave Botany say around 10-11ish??
For those who don't want to meet up at Botany, we could pick you up on at the either at Drury BP or the Bombay one.

dickytim
21-03-2006, 06:42 AM
sorry guys love the idea, but can't bring my car out to play until mid-may ish, sounds like it'll be a good day tho, remember lots of pics and tutorials for the members section :)

bradc
21-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Gly, definately sunday, I'm working on saturday. You are welcome to turn up and any time you like, how about you turn up at sometime around 11, we can work for a few hours, have lunch, then work until we all get hungry again and have a big bbq at the end :)

Kenneth picked up some flexible aluminium 5" tubing today so some of you might have to ask him very nicely if you can use some for your own cars.

Dickytim, we'll miss you and your technical knowledge, what are you doing to your car in the mean time?

I will ask tomorrow about how much a 2400mmx1200mm sheet of aluminium will cost, it probably only needs to be 2 or 3mm thick. Gly, do you think you will be able to hook us up with some 90 degree bends? Do we have accurate numbers yet for the amount of people who want a cold air box?

You See
21-03-2006, 08:08 AM
oh oh oh me me meeee!!!! ...I want first dips in the box! /haz

bradc
21-03-2006, 08:11 AM
so thats one very excited person so far for a cold air box

ShadyNZer
21-03-2006, 08:19 AM
so what type of sh!t would i need to have to move my battery into the boot? also whats the best pod filter to put in to replace the standard one?

You See
21-03-2006, 08:24 AM
so thats one very excited person so far for a cold air box
mmmmm boxxxxxxxx :P

whats the best pod filter to put in to replace the standard one?
I'd recommend K and N cos they're washable. :2thumbsup

Gly
21-03-2006, 08:33 AM
sorry, i bought my 90 degree bends a long time ago off TM.
but an egineering shop should have them for those that want them..

im busy for the rest of the week so cant even look into getting a couple.

to move battery to the boot...

about 5m-6m of 4ga cable or larger (or welding cable),
a battery box, and a few bolts,
some solder and some new battery terminals,
a 150amp curcuit breaker (optional)

Gly
21-03-2006, 08:37 AM
ok found a email addy for the elbows,
just checking if he has anymore... and if he can get them to us by friday.

everyone wanting to filter mods using a 3" pod adapter??
i can also get cheapish 3" silicone joiners (OBX BRAND) if anyone needs them

mpau009
21-03-2006, 08:38 AM
so what type of sh!t would i need to have to move my battery into the boot? also whats the best pod filter to put in to replace the standard one?

Depends what you want to do with it, in the legnum it took 6meters plus some for the ground to run to the boot (out the guard and down the passengers side), but i guess you could get away with less. Then maybe a decent fuse, and a plastic battery box, and a connector.
I was able to use the factory battery tray, but i don't know much about the boot space in the galant.

The cable is pretty expensive from repco, about $12 a meter from memory so you might want to look elsewhere, $25 for a box if you need one, and a fuse???

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13867&highlight=move+battery - my sterling effort :smash: :laugh:

bradc
21-03-2006, 08:40 AM
shady, you would need 0 gauge cable, a fuse, and possibly metal for mounting the battery in the spare wheel well, or a battery box like what Uc and Gly have.

If we run a cold air feed up to your filter then you can basically use whatever you want, I think they are all similar.

bradc
21-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Gly, those 3" hose adapters would be a good idea, we need to get numbers first on how many people want to do it.

Gly
21-03-2006, 08:45 AM
also brad, what tools do you have,

we'll need cutting tools for boxes

mpau009
21-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Gly, those 3" hose adapters would be a good idea, we need to get numbers first on how many people want to do it.

:thinking: I had a measure a while back, and the piece that connects the engine side to the MAF was slightly larger than 3" ID, iv been talking to a guy on trademe who sells a similar brand for about $20, straight joiner 3+1/8".

I don't know if thats what youre talking about, or if i measured wrong, but i think thats what is needed if your gonna move the MAF?

I'll bring some hole saws, and a jigsaw and my regular tools, but an air hacksaw would be choice.

bradc
21-03-2006, 08:59 AM
I have some fairly heavy duty cutters that will cut through aluminium easily, as well as a variety of angle grinders and stuff like that too. I doubt we'll have much of a problem with tools, but if there is anything in particular you'd like to bring along it might be an idea to bring it, a lot of the tools are in a container, so we might have to go and search for some of them

bradc
21-03-2006, 09:01 AM
I think we might not need to move the maf too far forward if at all, but we will need a 90 degree bend coming out from the maf, and the joiner for it as well.

What on earth is an air hacksaw?

Gly
21-03-2006, 09:08 AM
:thinking: I had a measure a while back, and the piece that connects the engine side to the MAF was slightly larger than 3" ID, iv been talking to a guy on trademe who sells a similar brand for about $20, straight joiner 3+1/8".

no i was taking about infront of the maf. should be 3" then, sounds if its the same as mine...

for anyone wanting to move there battery you will need the following

and if you want to move the filter to the front and do a cold box you will need

3" pod filter adapter,
3" pod filter
3" silicon joiner
3" stainless steel elbow
some ducting suitable to feed cold air from your bumper
metal for box and brackets

i can get silicone joiners, pod filters and pod filter adapters (OBX brand)

i have a 100mm holesaw
and you can buy 100mm air ducting from mitre 10, for $9 per meter

mpau009
21-03-2006, 09:15 AM
I think we might not need to move the maf too far forward if at all, but we will need a 90 degree bend coming out from the maf, and the joiner for it as well.

What on earth is an air hacksaw?

Right, i get it now, that wont work for me, my filter neck and MAF bracket are 4", and mandrel bends for that size in Aluminium seem too expensive, so i was going to go for a straight piece, move the MAF forward, and have it bolt through the box, with the filter on the inside. Its all academic tho, cause i won't be doing it this week.

An air hacksaw? i think thats what its called, they have them down at pitstop, its a small moving saw blade that runs off an air compessor. Cut through my exhaust in no time.

bradc
21-03-2006, 09:19 AM
sounds like a good way to do it, I guess we can play with all the ideas this weekend. Not sure about the air hacksaw, I know what you mean, but I don't know what the name is at all.

You See
21-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Boo!
..sorry, I just wanted some attention! :P :P

Gly
21-03-2006, 09:28 AM
sounds like a good way to do it, I guess we can play with all the ideas this weekend. Not sure about the air hacksaw, I know what you mean, but I don't know what the name is at all.

no ones playing with ideas!! we are all doing!!! /Grrr

everyone whos coming needs to know what there doing and have there stuff ready.
otherwise theres no point in driving out to the wop wops

bradc
21-03-2006, 10:12 AM
yeah I guess you're right, we need to have a clear set of goals in mind. My house is only 25 minutes from your place - it isn't that far away :)

Gly
21-03-2006, 10:28 AM
still far enough out to be in the wops :D

ok who needs 3" 90 degree elbows,
need to know now so we can have them here on friday unless someone wants to drive to hamilton to pick them up

this is an auction of the guy who sold me the stainless, getting price per elbow now

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=51125847

You See
21-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Looks like he's in the Sheetmetal industry.....reckon he hook us up with a coupla sheets?? :D

Gly
21-03-2006, 10:40 AM
he probabilly could.. but if we want it by the weekend we would have to pick it up.

Gly
21-03-2006, 10:42 AM
$15 each overnight postage $8 per elbow

whos keen???

You See
21-03-2006, 10:45 AM
he probabilly could.. but if we want it by the weekend we would have to pick it up.
Sounds good.....soooo how's the roof on your wagon looking?? :2thumbsup

Gly
21-03-2006, 10:46 AM
just asked him bout sheets of stainless.

LOL, i can just take the sounds out if we need to pickup...

so whos paying for gas??

Gly
21-03-2006, 10:48 AM
also who knows how to weld??

and doz anyone have a welder?? if so what type?? stick/mig/tig???

You See
21-03-2006, 10:50 AM
so whos paying for gas??
What's that Brad, is that you jumping up and down waving your hands around? ...alright, you can shout the gas! :2thumbsup

You See
21-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I we have to, we can always rivet the joins.

bradc
21-03-2006, 11:20 AM
we have a welder, no idea what sort it is though, and no I can't weld either :)

I think it might be easier to get the bends couriered up rather than driving down

mpau009
21-03-2006, 11:40 AM
also who knows how to weld??

and doz anyone have a welder?? if so what type?? stick/mig/tig???

I'll see if i can sort out a mate who mig and tig welds for a job, cause i know it can be a bit of a ***** welding aluminium, especially thin sheet, but no promises yet. His stainless work is awesome, so i'll definately ask. Unfortunately their family does toyotas.../pan its just sad.

dickytim
21-03-2006, 07:27 PM
no mods going on with my car Brad, just got alot on at the moment so she is playing hide and seek in the garage :)

Plus i am going to Melb in April for 3 weeks so am trying to save for that, and she needs the big service doing.

Gly
21-03-2006, 08:38 PM
ok he has plenty to sheet... (stainless)

what thickness do we need and how much??

bradc
21-03-2006, 08:42 PM
probably only 2 or 3mm thick is needed, and it is probably easiest to get a single 2400x1200mm sheet

Kenneth
21-03-2006, 08:52 PM
these 3" elbows... what sort of radius is the bend? i could be up for a couple...

Gly
22-03-2006, 05:42 AM
if you click on the TM link i suplied, you could ask what he has. and probabilly get exactly what you need....

otherwise i would assume there exactly as whats pictured in my engine bay.

dickytim
22-03-2006, 06:36 AM
he brad, do you have the vaccum hose with the red paint no the end, it is the one that attaches to the pipe before the throttle body.

ShadyNZer
22-03-2006, 09:28 AM
no i was taking about infront of the maf. should be 3" then, sounds if its the same as mine...

for anyone wanting to move there battery you will need the following

and if you want to move the filter to the front and do a cold box you will need

3" pod filter adapter,
3" pod filter
3" silicon joiner
3" stainless steel elbow
some ducting suitable to feed cold air from your bumper
metal for box and brackets

i can get silicone joiners, pod filters and pod filter adapters (OBX brand)

i have a 100mm holesaw
and you can buy 100mm air ducting from mitre 10, for $9 per meter

so how long and how complicated would that be to do?? imah nublet when it comes to that kind of sh!t

bradc
22-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Richard, no idea - do you have a pic so I can look for it?

Shady, the first one might take a while because we will need to figure it all out, especially the cold air box itself, the battery shouldn't take too long though.

Gly
22-03-2006, 10:43 AM
well what ever happens how we would have to pick up the elbows and sheet from hamilton now if we want to do this during the weekend.

battery box in boot would take 1 hour to do

cool air intake is fairly quick 30mins,

but the box making for a cold air box is unknown at this stage

You See
22-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Don't forget to allow time for the consumption of alcoholic beverages! :beerchug:

Gly
22-03-2006, 11:06 AM
:5shots:

:2thumbsup

you got your teins now aswell..
1.5 - 2 hour job

You See
22-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Yep...yayyyy!
...Remember guys, no drinking without me!! :P :P

bradc
22-03-2006, 11:19 AM
speaking of beer - I was going to suggest that everyone bring along some meat or whatever they want to eat for the bbq, I'll have all the bread etc. I have quite a bit of Amstel here which is quite nice, but you are welcome to bring your own beer too :)

You See
22-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Beer's beer, but free beer is even better! /haz

Gly
22-03-2006, 11:34 AM
LOL

as long as it isnt DB bitter! **** thats foul ****!

dickytim
22-03-2006, 07:49 PM
this one :)

bradc
22-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Richard, so you want the whole pipe, how long is it?

mpau009
22-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Richard, so you want the whole pipe, how long is it?

Not Very, if you mean just the last rubber tube, it runs from there down to a t-piece one of which goes to the wastegate solenoid, the other to a line connecting the wastegate actuators. Its the hose that feeds boost back to the wastegates to tell them how much to open.

BTW, that hose is only i think $2/meter at repco

Did you find a boost leak? Or are you installing a controller, or what?

See the diagram in this thread for more info.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14975&highlight=controller

dickytim
23-03-2006, 06:37 AM
I know boost hose is really cheap I want to have a standard one to fit when I remove the boost tap when it goes in for servicing etc. I want to leave no evidence of what I have been doing.

I had one lined up but the whole throttle body was missing from the engine it was to come off.

As stated it is pretty short only 6inches long or so.

mpau009
23-03-2006, 06:54 AM
I meant you could take off the stock one, put it aside, and put the tap on using some new stuff, but if brads got one, then why not.

ShadyNZer
23-03-2006, 07:03 AM
well what ever happens how we would have to pick up the elbows and sheet from hamilton now if we want to do this during the weekend.

battery box in boot would take 1 hour to do

cool air intake is fairly quick 30mins,

but the box making for a cold air box is unknown at this stage

hmm shot

dickytim
23-03-2006, 07:05 AM
I meant you could take off the stock one, put it aside, and put the tap on using some new stuff, but if brads got one, then why not.

Yeah but I am really impatient and had to fit it then and there :P

mpau009
23-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Yeah but I am really impatient and had to fit it then and there :P

...ohhh, right i know exactly what you mean.../pan

If you can't get one another way, these guys are pretty good, and they usually don't mind selling you any random little bit.

Mitsi Partsworld

Address: 543 Rosebank Rd Avondale (not far from Torque Performance)
Phone number: 0-9-828 2211

bradc
23-03-2006, 07:16 AM
I'll go to Gary's tomorrow and get one, I know that my spare engine doesn't have one, infact it doesn't have the manifold or throttle body on it (Gly is getting those from me)

ShadyNZer
23-03-2006, 09:26 AM
sweet ill prolly go shopping for that sh!t tomorro :thumbsup:

You See
23-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Hope everyone is gonna have enough bits for all the work....!!!!....but most important, don't forget the beers!!

Gly
23-03-2006, 10:20 AM
well a sheet of 2mm stainless is $180, and 3mm is $210

i dont need any... all i have to do is make up some templates for my box and my old man is gonna make it for me in 5mm alumium (sp?) so im good

doz anyone want filters or adapters... last chance for me to get you something by saturday you have till 7am friday to tell me.

You See
23-03-2006, 10:42 AM
ok, I'm keen on some stainless.....but anyone got any ideas on how we can get it from Hamz to Brads??

bradc
23-03-2006, 10:50 AM
The mazda can do it! Uc, if you want we can go on a trip together on Saturday after I finish work, are you keen?

The problem we have is that we can't confirm numbers for a cold air box, so payment and such is difficult

You See
23-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah I'll be keen for that......anyone else keen for some stainless??

Gly
23-03-2006, 11:02 AM
ill make up my mind on the day.... LOL

im just there to help out you guys,

hopefully ill have some cash for you brad...
get that plenum for me!! :D

bradc
23-03-2006, 11:09 AM
I hoping the plenum and throttle body turn up tomorrow, there isn't much I can do unfortunately.

I've measured the back of the 626, the boot opening is about 1100mm wide and 1800mm deep, is your Legnum any bigger? The metal *should* be able to fit if it goes in on an angle, but I don't want to chance it.

Gly
23-03-2006, 08:29 PM
ive had a diamate bonnet in the back of my car. :-)

im waitn to hear back if pickup is ok for sheet. and what size it is exactly

ShadyNZer
23-03-2006, 09:55 PM
doz anyone want filters or adapters... last chance for me to get you something by saturday you have till 7am friday to tell me.
[/b]
yeah bro, how much for both? as for the aluminium, does it matter how thick it is?

edit: lol nemine just saw the 7am deadline...:thumbsup:

jaimz
24-03-2006, 02:49 AM
You See,
Are you still cool to bring those King springs along on Sunday..? Are we putting the coilovers in your car then too or has it already been done..?

Gly
24-03-2006, 05:49 AM
we are doing coilovers in his car then doing the springs to yours.

sorry shady, 7am deadline coz thats the last time i look on here befor i got to work. and now its to late for me to get the bits and bobs from my mate.

Brad, please tell me you got the plenum back today?

otherwise ill just end up being a work bitch /Handbag

bradc
24-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Gly, there is a chance it has turned up at my house, I'll check it tonight and post as soon as I get home.

Richard, I haven't had a chance yet to look on my spare engine for the tube. I did manage to find it on my engine this morning, but they will be using it, rather than replacing it.

You See
24-03-2006, 06:52 AM
You See,
Are you still cool to bring those King springs along on Sunday..? Are we putting the coilovers in your car then too or has it already been done..?
yep, as Gly mentioned we'll be doing my Teins and your Kings on the day! ..Hopefully it'll turn out to be an awesome day! ...hmm, looks like rain?? /Grrr

Gly
24-03-2006, 07:13 AM
bags not working in the rain :D

Gly
24-03-2006, 07:35 AM
poo...

re :sheet metal size and pickup

2.4 by 1.2 checked 2day we don't have any in maybe next week.I live in the waikato

jaimz
24-03-2006, 08:12 AM
yep, as Gly mentioned we'll be doing my Teins and your Kings on the day! ..Hopefully it'll turn out to be an awesome day! ...hmm, looks like rain?? /Grrr

Awesome. :2thumbsup
Rain huh..? I laugh in the face of your so-called rain! HA!!
(That was me)

(Laughing)

(...at the rain)

(stupid rain)

You See
24-03-2006, 08:14 AM
/haz Jaimz

poo...

re :sheet metal size and pickup

2.4 by 1.2 checked 2day we don't have any in maybe next week.I live in the waikato
Guess that means no cold air boxes this weekend! ...oh well, guess there'll be more time for :5shots:

You See
24-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Got my 3 pairs of axle stands, got my trolley jack, got my ViewMaster!
Got my Teins, got new brake pads, got my ViewMaster!
Haven't got a cold air box, not getting a cold air box....but I've still got my ViewMaster!

BTW: Anyone got a small dab of Anti-Cease??

bradc
24-03-2006, 08:32 AM
There is tons of room in the shed guys, so don't worry about the rain at all. Heaps of room in the garage too :)

mpau009
24-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Do i now predict a drunken suspension swap-out race???/pan /pan :2thumbsup

hmmm...:sick2:

Also, You See could you PM or text me a contact number? as there is a 95% chance i will get lost. Also a time to meet would be good. Cheers.

And Jaimz... WTF:happy: man i wish i was as easily amused, id save a fortune....:pimp2:

You See
24-03-2006, 08:34 AM
But your garage reeks of Holden :rifle:

bradc
24-03-2006, 08:37 AM
how about you guys meet at around 10, leave at 10:30 and get to my place just a little bit before 11. I'll pm you my addy too

You See
24-03-2006, 08:42 AM
mpau009 : You've got a PM
Sounds good Brad! ...you fellas got that? ...Gull at around 10am. :D

You See
24-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh yeah, don't forget to bring some hot girls with lil' white tops to help clean the cars at the end of the day! ...Gentlemen, get your cameras ready! /haz

Gly
24-03-2006, 08:46 AM
BTW: Anyone got a small dab of Anti-Cease??

ill grab some from my old man befor we head to brads

brad you got my plenum???

You See
24-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Sweet, thanks Gly! :2thumbsup

bradc
24-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Gly, it hasn't come unfortunately :( I wanted to have a little play with it too.

Uc, me and Kenneth were talking about that today, all car shows have tons of hot girls there, so I'm going to put a sign up at the gate, asking for hot girls to clean cars in their bikini's :)

Gly
24-03-2006, 09:05 AM
/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

oh well

:5shots: :5shots: :5shots:

OSiRiS
25-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Ok it seems as if I'm forced to make this one.

Things that need to be done:
Steering rack boot
Rear brake pads replaced

My personal thread re these problems here:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15069

Does anyone know where I can get a steering rack boot? In a hurry? And anyone got a caliper piston pushing tool?

Thanks, see you all there at the Botany meeting point!

OSiRiS
25-03-2006, 11:24 AM
btw, where in Botany are we meeting? And what time? LOL :P

If it's Gull, which Gull? On Ti Rakau or Ti Irrirangi?

021 588 746 -Thanks.

You See
25-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Meeting at the Ti Irririangi Gull at 10ish.

No work on my car tomorrow, long story but will give details on the day.

dreamer
25-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Hey guys.

Looks like I may be able to come after all. Still working on a few details though.
Can someone please PM me Brads address.

Cheers

Jono

You See
25-03-2006, 09:16 PM
PM Sent...:2thumbsup

Kenneth
25-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Ok it seems as if I'm forced to make this one.

Does anyone know where I can get a steering rack boot? In a hurry? And anyone got a caliper piston pushing tool?

Forced eh? :P

caliper pistons should be able to be done with a G Clamp.

OSiRiS
25-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't have a G Clamp. Anyone have one?

ShadyNZer
26-03-2006, 02:10 AM
oosh woke up late, bad hang over..!! ratsh!t..hope yas get some pics up

OSiRiS
26-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Yea I got pics. Quite a few though, something like 50?

Where would I upload 50 at a time easily...

maori_by_nature
26-03-2006, 07:05 AM
i'll come along but wont do any work cause i think you have 2 have money 2 work on it.... i have none

OSiRiS
26-03-2006, 07:05 AM
?

This was today dude...

Kenneth
26-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Good meet. Thanks again guys :)

My car was a different beast on the way home... I felt extra power just going out the driveway!!!

bradc
26-03-2006, 09:46 AM
great news Kenneth, we got that text from you and we all knew what it meant. How was the soccer?

OSiRiS
26-03-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm still getting nasty fuel cut but at least the rear brakes work :D

Kenneth
26-03-2006, 08:47 PM
great news Kenneth, we got that text from you and we all knew what it meant. How was the soccer?

yeah, only prob now is that car is stalling when cold... maybe I gone one of those hoses wrong... lol

As soon as I started rolling down your drive I knew it was different... was behind a car up to the motorway so didnt get a chance to hit the gas, but come motorway...

Soccer went well, best result yet actually... tied. Lost the penalty shoot-out though :( Still, teams first season together and some players with very little experiance (I hadn't played soccer since primary school) so very pleased with the progress being made.

Kenneth
26-03-2006, 08:57 PM
I was thinking about the front impact beam thing Brad... Do you want me to approach my step father and see what he would charge to get 3 of them made up?

jaimz
26-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah, thanks for a good day dudes - I learnt a lot.
The suspension is pretty damn sweet so far..! Didn't notice any real loss of ride comfort, except when I go over little bumps/joins in the road it feels a lot more precise and solid. No serious cornering as of yet, but I'm sure it'll be sweet.
Scraped my front spoiler getting into my driveway... so I consider myself warned! :2thumbsup

Gly
27-03-2006, 05:47 AM
lol, i think brad still has the left over shocks and springs if you need to raise it for any reason

bradc
27-03-2006, 06:46 AM
I think they are still in the shed, I can't remember :)

Kenneth - as we discussed on ICQ, I would be quite keen for that.

You See
27-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Kenneth: I'll be keen on that too....once I find a way to convince brad to give me his bumper!

You See
27-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Scraped my front spoiler getting into my driveway... so I consider myself warned! :2thumbsup
/haz ...you'll master the angling technique fairly quickly! ..otherwise you'll be in trouble.../pan

Gly
27-03-2006, 07:43 AM
no matter if a driveways good or bad im ****ed :-)

bradc
27-03-2006, 08:37 AM
did you manage to get out of my driveway ok?

Gly
27-03-2006, 08:41 AM
yeh but i had to turn left to get out and do a u-turn :D

Kenneth
27-03-2006, 08:56 PM
yeh but i had to turn left to get out and do a u-turn :D

I did exactly the same :)

jaimz
27-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I was able to turn RIGHT!!!
Yesssssssssss..!

OSiRiS
27-03-2006, 11:21 PM
We turned right, but scraped the sideskirts :(

bradc
28-03-2006, 12:10 AM
both of my legnums were able to get in and out fine. I should probably put some more gravel on the right side there, but I've never gotten around to doing it.

You See
28-03-2006, 06:45 AM
I got out fine.....tho I've done it many times before! :P