PDA

View Full Version : yep its the bloody keeny again with another question. lol

KEENY
19-03-2006, 09:40 PM
hello again boys and girls..

before i start i would first like to say a big thanks to all your help in previous questions i have asked frankly i would not have gotten through the problems that have arisen without your continuing support.

and also im now a fully paid up member i got my membership card, keyring and stickers through on saturday.. BIG UP TO CLUB VR-4

and now the question........

on my bumpers i have started to notice that my paint work is chipping away. its not serious amounts but where the paint has chipped off in some areas its leaving the basic white colour of the bumper before it was sprayed.

does anyone know what is the best means of treating flaky paint work?? and the best way to cover up the white parts of the bumper that has allready chipped away??..... err without spending silly money. lol

thanks
keeny:iloveyou:

Kieran
19-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Are you anywhere near Rugby? I know of a certain bodyshop that has 100% glowing reports from other ClubVR-4 members.... ;)

KEENY
19-03-2006, 10:44 PM
not really no im in reading

Paul Beazer
20-03-2006, 09:38 PM
My favorite method is to drive a route you know well, paying due care and attention to the road condition and speed limits, then pile into the back of stationary traffic you didnt notice has stopped, thus destroying your front bumper and getting a new one paid for by the insurance in your colour of choice!/pan :speechles :inquisiti :evilgrin:

ANTHONY
20-03-2006, 10:05 PM
My favorite method is to drive a route you know well, paying due care and attention to the road condition and speed limits, then pile into the back of stationary traffic you didnt notice has stopped, thus destroying your front bumper and getting a new one paid for by the insurance in your colour of choice!/pan :speechles :inquisiti :evilgrin:
or get somebody to do it 4 you

The Vee
21-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Glad to hear you got your pack ok.:2thumbsup You're welcome to ask questions, that's one of the aims of this club, to help each other as much as poss with our cars. Unfortunately, the problem you describe, sounds like the dreaded stone chipping, which these cars do seem a little prone to. As others have suggested, the only way to get rid of them is to have them sprayed out, unless you're a very patient man with the old touch up stick. Notced Halfrauds have a 3 piece set for touch ups which actually includes some Mitsi colours in it's range. And, Rugby ain't too far from you if you wanted :2thumbsup

KEENY
21-03-2006, 07:35 PM
its funny vee but now that you mention it when ever i pull out fom my drive i can always hear (what sounds like) lots of small stones hitting the car. to be honest i wasnt sure if it was stones or not.

you said that if im a very patient man i could try the old touch up stick. why would i have to be patient? whats involved?

rugby is about a 2 and a half hour drive for me. and i did say that i didnt want to spend silly money. im getting married in september so money is a lil tight. that said i do believe that i love my galant more than my future wife. lol.. and this is why..

1. my galant never lets me down.
2. when ever i want more my galant is always happy to oblige
3. my galant dont answer back when i tell it to get a move on, it just gets a move on
4. my galant doesnt say "oi" when ever i look at a sexy lady. infact it helps me have ladies look my way for a change.
5. my missues mones my galant roars.

anyway this could go on all night so here im starting a new thred whats more sexy my missus or my galant... lol

The Vee
21-03-2006, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=KEENY]its funny vee but now that you mention it when ever i pull out fom my drive i can always hear (what sounds like) lots of small stones hitting the car. to be honest i wasnt sure if it was stones or not.

you said that if im a very patient man i could try the old touch up stick. why would i have to be patient? whats involved?

1. That's probably just grit and stuff being thrown off the tyres into the wheel arches.

2. The patient bit is that it's a time consuming job and I seem to find that the more chips I touch up the more I find. Never ending!!!! But worth doing if not visiting a body shop.

Nick Mann
21-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Rugby is just over 100 miles from you. On the motorway. 2 and a half hours? Are you driving that Galant? Or do you own a tweed jacket, a flat cap and a pipe?

/pan /haz

KEENY
22-03-2006, 01:02 PM
ok so it wouldnt take that long but as i said i dont cant be affording to be spending silly money.. so how much would it take to have the 2 bumpers sprayed at this place n rugby??

Nick Mann
22-03-2006, 02:13 PM
PM RED or Rally205. They are the proprieters. They aren't a cheap fix, but they do a good, quality job!

psbarham
22-03-2006, 10:25 PM
. Notced Halfrauds have a 3 piece set for touch ups which actually includes some Mitsi colours in it's range.but not in the finest colour mitsubishi ever made :sad3: (now wait for the usual comments)

KEENY
23-03-2006, 06:36 AM
ok still waiting,,,,,,,, lol

bradc
23-03-2006, 07:54 AM
It is just something psb constantly goes on and on about. Just wait until you all see my car once it gets painted! He is right - mitsi seem to have terrible colours most of the time.