PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Alignment

MPBVr4
21-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Does anybody know "toe-in, toe-out" angles for VR4 saloon, or point me to a
relavent thread. /help

Having fitted new wheels and tyres it ought to be checked and I doubt my local fitter will have the required info. /pan

Nick Mann
21-03-2006, 03:47 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299

:thumbsup:

I have now got mine set at the extreme toe in end of the settings to try and resolve wear on the inside edge of the front tyres.

Wodjno
21-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Nick .. How much clearance have you got at the top inner edge of your tyres from the knuckle ?

pezza
21-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Hmm I have just got my wheels aligned (after tie rods and and ends replaced) , I will see what they have been set to from the documentation..

I did notice that right inner front was a bit lower tread wise than the left front...

I am going to swap tyres from front to back asap tho..

Good luck with your alignment...!

MPBVr4
21-03-2006, 04:54 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299

:thumbsup:

I have now got mine set at the extreme toe in end of the settings to try and resolve wear on the inside edge of the front tyres.

Thanks Nick, the standard wheels/tyres I've just taken off were very worn
on the inside edge.:2thumbsup

caishanvr4
21-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Mine too, especially the fronts:inquisiti

colVR4
22-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Is this a common thing, because the inners on my tyres are REALLY worn away...to the point of being slicks.

bradc
22-03-2006, 02:11 AM
if you lower the car substantially the camber on the back wheels tends to get really bad and you will wear through the inner part of the tyres very quickly.

pezza
22-03-2006, 03:31 AM
I didnt realise this was such a common problem and surprised Malc that you saw this on standard wheels and at standard ride hieght??? :inquisiti

Col I take it your OLD tyres were worn and not the ones that you have just fitted???

Nick how long ago did you get your toe angles adjusted to extreme values? Amde any difference?

Wodjno
22-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I didnt realise this was such a common problem and surprised Malc that you saw this on standard wheels and at standard ride hieght??? :inquisiti

When i took my original Wheels and tyres off ( standard ride height) and put the 18" on.. The wear on the inner enge was real bad on the rears. I was worried this was goingto happen on the 18's, but the wear is totally even.. Nothing has been altered at the rear though ?? :thinking:

Nick Mann
22-03-2006, 02:22 PM
My rears are wearing evenly. It is the fronts that are scrubbing on the inside edge.

And I saw it on the standard wheels too.

The new settings seem to be helping, but I haven't done the same mileage yet to compare.

MPBVr4
22-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Standard tyres had done 16K. Not bad? Still looked good for another 5K when on the car but when I took them off the offside front was down to the canvas on the inside edge.

colVR4
22-03-2006, 09:20 PM
It was the old tyres on mine that were the worst, on the 16" standard wheels. They were worse than Wodj's. Looks like my new ones are starting too. I had it tracked when they were put on but the garage wasn't sure of the settings.

I think I am going to have it done again and 'track' down the correct settings ;)