PDA

View Full Version : F/S Ralliart UK Galant VR4 Estate

Slyder
23-03-2006, 12:58 AM
Gutted from Norfolk

Very reluctant sale due to a significant bad debt.

Indigo Blue

71000 miles (72000 service done in Feb) Full History

Tan Leather

Kenwood Audio/TV/Sat Nav doofer with 6 disc changer

18" Dare Alloys (Standard wheels included in sale)

EBC Front discs with Redstuff pads.

I wont bore you with all the other BS. If you need to know more please pm me

I bought the car last year from a guy off here. At the time it had an intermittent AYC fault. Although he attempted to rectify the fault before the sale, he was unsuccessful, the fault is now permanent.

I wish I had the resources to have the fault sorted before I sell. If I had that much spare I wouldn't need to sell.

I will accept £7ooo for the car. I realise this is well under the £9K she is worth but should allow whoever buys it to get the AYC sorted.

I'm sorry but I'm too much of a computer numpty to upload any pics. Can't seem to get the size right. I reckon if you p.m me I could e-mail them directly.

Cheers

Gavin

bradc
23-03-2006, 08:18 AM
email them to me at otama@ihug.co.nz and I'll post them up for you :D

Kalle
23-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Please explain more about the AYC fault
Been smoking in the car?
Any dogs in it?
Is the member that sold it still here at the forum? Who was it?

WildCards
24-03-2006, 12:20 AM
what year is the car Slyder?

As Brad said, if you need any help with the pics just let us know.

Slyder
24-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Thanks Brad/Wildcards

Pics e-mailed to Brad. hope they do the beast justice after going around the world.

The car is a 2001 (originally a Y reg) It has a private plate on it, which came with the car and, as far as I'm concerned, can go with it.

Not smoked in by me, although the previous owner I think smoked cigars. It didn't take too long to get the smell out.

No Dogs

The AYC fault is

There is plenty of fluid in the tank. As engine starts the small AYC warning light goes out whilst the AYC "power bar" lights up. After 10-15 seconds the warning light comes back on. The AYC "power bar" does not illuminate, even during hard cornering. It did work intermittently for a couple of weeks, hasn't worked at all since.

The guy I bought it from was "Arnie" from Chichester. He's still on as a registered user.

Slyder
24-03-2006, 02:20 AM
Update

Sorry guys. Have tried to e-mail to Brad but having problems with my connection. Will try again tomorrow when I've sorted it

bradc
24-03-2006, 03:36 AM
I haven't received the pics yet, feel free to send them through whenever you get it sorted

Sulli
24-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I noticed that for sale by Arnie - wondered at the price then - it kept falling under £10k (making the rest of the Ralliarts look expensive /Grrr ), especially with the sat nav etc.
Now I see why......

ritch_w
25-03-2006, 09:49 AM
i believe this is the car;
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6525&d=1125429481
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6526&d=1125429481
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6527&d=1125429481
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6528&d=1125429481
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6529&d=1125429481
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4735&d=1114271933
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4736&d=1114272676

Slyder - ive got an manual FTO GPX and upto £2K if your interested?

raymat
25-03-2006, 04:06 PM
theres to different cars there

Kieran
25-03-2006, 04:18 PM
i believe this is the car;

Yeah that's Arnie's old one, for sure. As for the AYC fault.... Could just be the pressure switch gone west perhaps?

Kalle
25-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Would be interested to buy if the AYC fault was fixed. I reckon it is easier to get it fixed in England than in Sweden...

ritch_w
25-03-2006, 06:01 PM
theres to different cars there

there are 2 different sets of wheels - standard 16" and Dare 18"

Slyder
26-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Quite right Rich. There are indeed 2 sets of wheels. Both of which as mentioned come with the car.

I've e-mailed pics to Brad for him to post (many thanks again Brad):2thumbsup

Further to the comments re the AYC fault.

When I viewed the car the AYC was not working. According to Arnie it worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't. Or at least the warning light came on sometimes. He didn't believe it made any difference to the way the car handled. Anyway after viewing I agreed a price for the car provided the AYC fault was sorted. Arnie sought advice on here re the fault. He took the car to a guy called "Rally Roger" who, it seems is a bit of a legend with Evos, fitted "a swicth" at a cost of about £100 which all seemed to think would cure the problem. According to Arnie it seemed to all work ok between the time it was fitted and the day after I drove it back from the South coast to Norfolk. It then worked intermittently again untill I had the 18"s refitted after they were refirbed then nothing, and it hasn't worked since (or at least the light comes on and there is no 3 bar action going on). I (obviously) don't drive the car fast enough to know what difference if any there would be if it was/wasn't working.

As I said when I first posted. If I could afford to sort it then I wouldn't have to sell the car. I guess it could be a chicken and egg job though. I'm willing to wager that if I take it to any Mitsi dealer they will tell me that the pump is fubar and will want muchos greenbacks for the putting right thereof. Anyone got any advice of how to check/what to do?

Comments or offers to purchase would be gratefully appreciated

G

Kieran
27-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Ah, so the pressure switch has been tried? Oh, bugger..... Probably a new pump is needed then.... or something.:inquisiti

The asking price is still a very fair one, even considering the AYC fault. Good luck with the sale!:happy:

bradc
27-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Here are the current pics of the car

Nick Mann
27-03-2006, 10:17 AM
If you have one of Roger Rallys pressure switches on the car, then it has an adjustment to change the pressure required to switch. From the description above I would like to hazard a guess that the pump is worn and not supplying quite enough pressure. It may well be that an adjustment on the pressure switch will allow the system to start working again.

Kalle
27-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Why not take it to a dealer and ask how much it will cost to get it fixed.

Nick Mann
27-03-2006, 01:54 PM

Heh! Glad to see you have a sense of humour! A Mitsubishi dealer will say 'A VR what?' followed by, 'Oh yes - the VR4. AYC you say? Not working you say? That will be £2000 on parts, plus a days labour and VAT on top sir. That will be a pleasure sir.'

You can pretty much guarantee a £3000 bill if you go to a UK dealer with a VR4 and say you have problems with the AYC.

Polabear
27-03-2006, 03:26 PM

:thinking: :sick: /duh :vogel: /Hmmm :shocked: /JawDroppi /JawDroppi /YMaster a great sense of humour you have young coltkalle

Kalle
27-03-2006, 05:28 PM
haha, ok. I'm not familiar with the UK market so you'll have to excuse me.. ;)
But what I know is that it will most likely be much harder to get it fixed in Sweden...

Slyder
27-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Could be true. But could be a bonus not having any Mitzi dealers to fleece you over there.

Nick, you advise that I just get the adjustment on the pump/switch checked. By whom would you suggest Dealer? Local Non Mitsi Garage?Auto Electrics Expert? I agree with your assesment re Dealers. I believe rnie tried anyway and they said "new pump"

Nick Mann
27-03-2006, 08:54 PM
You could do it yourself - just a bit of experimentation. I don't know that it would work, but it would be the first thing I tried.

Have a look at this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10171). Barrys third picture shows the new switch. I think the adjustment is between the two connectors. You may be able to see it/reach it by just removing the rear drivers side wheel. Otherwise it is only a few bolts to lower the unit down.

It will be a case of adjusting it and seeing if it works. I have no idea which way it will need turning!

Slyder
27-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Nick, that deffo sounds like a plan. Will let y'all know if/when I get loadsa flashing green lights. Won't be till weekend tho'/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

If this works, IOU :5shots: :2thumbsup

Nick Mann
28-03-2006, 09:44 AM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Remember, this is not a miracle cure, it is a possible solution. It may not work!