PDA

View Full Version : Tarted it up ....

Xeroid
23-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Have to put some pix up later but I've ralli'tart'ed the Legnum up. Got some decals from the crowd that cut them out Manukau way, Sign Net. Owner is a rally Codriver so we have a bit of a natter about cars. Got windscreen decal across the top and two down bottom of passenger doors. Had to have them on before we go down to Tauranga this weekend for the Gravel Rally in the Kaimai's on Saturday. And next week is 3 days for Rally Taranaki, camera is going to run hot, hopefully someone will want pix .....and have $$$$$ :2thumbsup

And Brad,
Fitted that factory air duct so it feeds cold air to the pod. Had to get a bracket in to keep it steady but surprisingly it does make a significant difference, much more responsive when it ain't sucking heaps of hot engine bay air all the time.

bradc
23-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Sounds good. I'm considering getting a Ralliart badge put on the left side of the boot on mine to replace the Mitsubishi logo.

I'm glad to hear the cold air intake makes a differance, we'll be working on making some this weekend at my place, and relocating the filter to where the battery normally is. You're more than welcome to come along, check out the CVR4 Workshop thread for more info.

Xeroid
28-03-2006, 10:51 AM
OooKAY!!

WELL.... so much for Ralliart decals.

Went whizzing down to Tauranga early Sat morning. Found end of second stage and flashed my 'media' accreditation ( poser !! ) at officials then drove up past the timing point towards finish line. Parked car on conveniently placed grass verge well off the road and walked in to the stage to take pix...so far so good eh ?

Pix taken, end of stage, walked back to car to find it taped off and note on window, no problem. Hop into car and notice HUGE FARQING CRACK from middle left edge to middle of passenger side. A stone has hit the screen while car is PARKED !! and done it in.

New screen being fitted tomorrow BUT of course the expensive Ralliart decal at the top is unreusable and probably lose the blue tint at the top as well./Grrr

Nonetheless tok some good pix and a VR4/Evo 0 came in 5th on the event.
Check some pix out at www.rallyshotz.cjb.net if you want. And managed a quick drop in to Mills Reef on the way home to add a few bottles to the cellar.

Drive down was so cool. Love going up the Kaimai's and overtaking everybody under Tip 3rd with tyres howling a bit. Bring on the new D3's soon. :2thumbsup

Heading for Taranaki this Friday ( 31st ) for Rally Taranaki on Sat, more pix.

You See
28-03-2006, 11:05 AM
The pics look great Xeroid! ...well done!
Sorry to hear about your windscreen, tho at least it's easily replaced.

bradc
28-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Nice pics, sorry to hear about the winscreen, how far away were you parked?

I had a lot of fun going up the Kaimai's too last year on the Hamilton and Tauranga run, I definately need to do it again!

Kenneth
28-03-2006, 08:46 PM
I had a lot of fun going up the Kaimai's too last year on the Hamilton and Tauranga run, I definately need to do it again!

Yeah, I remember that too :D Deffinatly need to go there again.

Xeroid
29-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah well, I was parked about 60 meters past end of stage and about 3 meters off on grass layby slightly hidden by tree and it still went right across the car and whacked the screen on far ( passenger ) side !! /Grrr
Gonna cover the screen next time I'm in that situation. Got a piece of heavy canvas that would have stopped it.

...and now when screen people turned up it appears my screen has a heater built into the bottom bit ( I didn't know about it !! ) and therefore he had the wrong screen with him and they have to get one in, ETA .... unknown as yet ...so have to live with it for a few days/weeks ...and already taken the Ralliart decal off ...shoulda left it on for this weekend anyway, heading to Taranaki to cover that Rally.

Only good thing about that is it should ( hopefully ) have the top tint on as well. Got me fingers crossed.

But you're right, it's only a screen, soon be fixed. :pimp2:

You See
29-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Lucky for you, you have a back up VR4! /haz

Xeroid
04-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Geez, don't ever tell my wife hers is a 'backup' car, we're both dead.

Did Taranaki Tarmac Rally this weekend, more pix up at the site if you wanna look, check the Ooops! link, find the 'flying mini'

Drove back Sunday from New Plymouth in all the rain, 380 km of serious wet stuff !! Geez I'm glad for AYC, 4wd and big tyres, never bothreed us at all. Was chasing a Ford blob car at 120 km when he hit a bump in a corner and the whole car stepped out on him, he kinda backed off after that. pipped him going up the hill just before Te Kuiti, he ran out of steam at 130, the Leggie didn't though.

Windscreen is fixed, they had to get a special one in with the heater at the bottom ( I didn't even know it existed !! ) but when the guy fitted it he couldn't reconnect the plugs so it ain't going anyway ....fkn idiot. Going to check with our pet mechanic and see what gives, it should all be going as original, that's what you pay for. I didn't see it, I was at work while car was at home ( we carpool ) so didn't get to look at what the problem is. Anyone got any clues as to why it might not fit ?
Least it HAS got the blue top tint and it is a god job, and he transferred ALL the stickers but I still need a new Ralliart decal.

But good weekend all in all......