PDA

View Full Version : model report a newer import VR4

Bal
24-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Guys,

I know it's been much discussed but is this something we should start considering?

Nick Mann
24-03-2006, 04:20 PM
If you read the old threads you will find the stumbling block is emissions.If you can sort that you could make yourself millions!

Bal
26-03-2006, 03:52 PM
sodding emissions. lol

jolygreengiant
26-03-2006, 11:46 PM
It is obviously possible.

Keighley trade centre have imported one. How much does the report cost, the've already paid for it, perhaps for the right price would give you a copy.

Then anyone can import one, and watch the residual price of facelift modles plummet as fresher jap cars are released.

Spirit
26-03-2006, 11:58 PM
I doubt Keighly would give us a copy - but that's another story lol /help

Nick Mann
27-03-2006, 10:19 AM
We have spotted Keighley's new VR4's. But according to the latest list of available model reports, no-one has done one yet?

Bal
27-03-2006, 11:51 AM
We have spotted Keighley's new VR4's. But according to the latest list of available model reports, no-one has done one yet?

sounds very sketchy to me.

bernmc
27-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Keighley trade centre have imported one. How much does the report cost, the've already paid for it, perhaps for the right price would give you a copy.

This is not how Model Reports work. VOSA keeps the official reports, and makes them available to the testing stations. Whoever commissioned and payed for the report originally 'owns' the report. They are then able to 'rent' it out to anyone else wanting to ESVA the same car.

When you rent a report, all you get is an approval for the test station to use the report to test your car. You'll never see the actual report afik.

If the report is not on the list I've linked to above, it doesn't exist, or has only been produced very recently, in which case it'll appear soon.

Keeley are getting their cars in some other way.

Kalle
13-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Ehum.. I'm about to buy a faclift Leggie that was imported 2004... It seems to be a type V but that should not matter right?

How can I get hold of the papers if the seller does not have them? Can they be tracked with the plate number?

I'll try my best to find out how it was approved after the import :D

richy rich
13-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Ehum.. I'm about to buy a faclift Leggie that was imported 2004... It seems to be a type V but that should not matter right?

How can I get hold of the papers if the seller does not have them? Can they be tracked with the plate number?

I'll try my best to find out how it was approved after the import :D
yes but what reg is it, it can be imported this year but be a 1996.

Kalle
13-04-2006, 08:48 PM
It is a 1999 facelift Legnum! S reg according to the seller

Nick Mann
13-04-2006, 10:15 PM
2004 was about when the rules changed. They could be imported under SVA then, but when ESVA was introduced it put the kybosh on bringing in VR4's newer than 1996.