PDA

View Full Version : Pre Santapod Gathering

BraindG
06-10-2003, 07:08 PM
In true Clubvr4 tradition we will be in convoy to the event. A meeting point has been chosen, and once again this will be our favourite haunt…..McDonalds.

Gates open at around 8am.. So I would prefer to be under way around about that time..
So can I set a bright and early gathering at around 08:00 for those who would like to travel in convoy.. which, I like to add..might be the longest convoy of vr4’s in the world!

Ok, heres the time and address

08:00 – INSERT INTO post VALUES (leaving 08:15 sharp!)

McDonalds
Enstone Court,
Wilby Way
WELLINGBOROUGH
NN8 2DR

Heres some maps.. INSERT INTO post VALUES (courtesy of Simon)
http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?s=&time=&postid=11536

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?s=&time=&postid=11537
INSERT INTO post VALUES (pretty K!)

for those who know they wont be arriving at the crack of dawn.. please raise your voice here, this is so we don’t get worried about you :)

Also, to everyone who isn’t staying at IBIS.. please drive carefully, and get to us safely!

Take care..
Barry

Spirit
06-10-2003, 07:26 PM
/is glad he can have a lie in on Sunday :D

Brind
06-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Just read the other thread.

Although in the past our convoys have only lasted all of 1 minute and 15 seconds INSERT INTO post VALUES (slight exaggeration) it would be nice to at least travel together for a couple of miles to allow our convoy to be seen.
Again after reading the other thread it appears the meeting point is virtually next door to the hotel which is 15 minutes away from pod.. I'm happy. :D

Still haven't checked route yet but it isn't all that different to JAE if I'm correct so 8am may not be too bad but then JAE was an arse to find!!
See what happens.. see you at 8am, again you've got me number and vice versa.
:zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:

Spirit
06-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Your right Mark, this should be a better convoy - will have the camcorder at the ready too this time :D

wirdy
06-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Did u get the PM sent yesterday?
INSERT INTO post VALUES (Am coming to 'pod)
See u all there.

BraindG
06-10-2003, 10:38 PM
yup got it.. your on the list here (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1198)
cya there!!

Spirit
06-10-2003, 10:48 PM
It's brilliant to have so many people attending ! Just imagine what we can do when the sun comes out in spring !

I reckon we will have no problems getting "Club VR4 only" track time filled at Japfest next year - and how :cool1: will that be !

Brind
06-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Considering a couple of people from the first meet aren't attending this one, but if they did it shows how many people really are supporting ClubVR-4 and want to be included and are enthusiastic about these cars aswell. :cool:

peterernest
07-10-2003, 07:48 AM
If there are enough people staying at the IBIS who would like to go in to Wellingborough town to watch England vs Turkey on Saturday evening I will lay on a minibus to the Star Inn and back.

Fiona, at the Star, will even lay on some sandwiches if enough people are interested.

Please let me know your feelings.

peterernest
07-10-2003, 07:54 AM
Where the A509 meets the A45 there is a roundabout. The McDonalds and the IBIS are on this roundabout and share the same carpark.

Also on this site is 'The Priory' pub, restuarant and childrens playarea. 'The Priory' most likely won't be showing any football and most certainly will be closing at 11pm!

Kieran
07-10-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by peterernest
If there are enough people staying at the IBIS who would like to go in to Wellingborough town to watch England vs Turkey on Saturday evening I will lay on a minibus to the Star Inn and back.

Fiona, at the Star, will even lay on some sandwiches if enough people are interested.

Please let me know your feelings.

Sounds Good to me!

:beerclash :beerbang: :hurrah: :thumb: :coolio:

BraindG
07-10-2003, 08:07 AM
sounds like a plan.. but we could find out for sure first.. would save the hassle of driving people backwards and forwards.. saying this though.. i dont know how far this pub youve mentioned is, nor how many people fancy doing it..

Spirit
07-10-2003, 08:11 AM
Well, I am easy - if most want to see the footie I am happy to if not then food and beer in The Priory sounds good too ! Can always catch the footie later on TV I guess

peterernest
07-10-2003, 08:11 AM
The IBIS is only a couple of minutes outside of Wellingborough town centre and I own the buses so it will be minimal hassle.

It would just be nice for us 'VR4 heads' to get together.

Spirit
07-10-2003, 08:17 AM
Just had a look and they footie highlights are on ITV at 9.35pm on Saturday night INSERT INTO post VALUES (live on Sky earlier) and of course at 6am Sunday morning is the Grand Prix ! This doesn't finish until 8.30 so will this delay the meet time Barry INSERT INTO post VALUES (I know how much you love it) ?

BraindG
07-10-2003, 08:26 AM
oh bollocks, i forgot it was on at that time in the morning..

i love it too much!.. but to be honest if Michael has the one point in the bag.. or more then there’s no need to watch the rest... he would will his 6th championship anyway.

so.. ill see how she goes.. lets stick with the chosen time...

Spirit
07-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah I agree, always got the radio commentary too I guess

BraindG
07-10-2003, 07:29 PM
vaild point.. and you just reminded me to bring my cb's so we can keep in touch!

Spirit
07-10-2003, 11:57 PM
Ohhhhh ! Thats cool mate - sounds fun !

BraindG
08-10-2003, 07:46 AM
roger that...over.. kchhhh INSERT INTO post VALUES (just getting in the mood)

Simon
08-10-2003, 11:12 PM
10.....4........:D