PDA

View Full Version : Usual Suspects first Combe Meet 2006

HJM
25-03-2006, 11:59 AM
In celebration of Simons birthday, most of the Usual Suspects took to the track at Combe yesterday and had yet another fantastic day.

We discovered why it was fully booked so quickly when we arrived to find a million (and that is no exaggeration) Caterhams there practising for their race day today /help They took two of the four hourly sessions and provided a bit of entertainment in the wet morning, but they were flying in the dry afternoon.

Thanks to Claire and Simon for putting us up on Friday night (oh and Fergus for making that an interesting nights 'sleep'!!) and to everyone for making it another great day - Simon, Paul and Heath for providing the on track entertainment and to Claire, Soraya, Graham, James and Linda for their excellent company (and various other guests who dropped in throughout the day). All topped off with a great meal and a couple of small sherries last night :5shots:

I walked the whole track in the morning and gratefully accepted Graham's taxi service in the afternoon (thanks a million G :iloveyou: ) and took around 850 pictures :speechles

Here are just a few of 'em :happy:

Cheers,

J :happy:

/oh and I am posting this from the Chippenham Travel Inn, as we still don't have broadband at home /Grrr

HJM
25-03-2006, 12:23 PM
A few more..............

MPBVr4
25-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Great photo's J as always. Look's like a fun day was had by all:2thumbsup
Did Simon lose it in the last pic or is that his normal approach to cornering:inquisiti :inquisiti

HJM
26-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Great photo's J as always. Look's like a fun day was had by all:2thumbsup
Did Simon lose it in the last pic or is that his normal approach to cornering:inquisiti :inquisiti

Cheers Malc :2thumbsup

That is pretty much Simon's standard line at Tower - especially if he knows there is someone there with a camera :iloveyou:

Jimbo
26-03-2006, 04:37 AM
That is pretty much Simon's standard line at Tower - especially if he knows there is someone there with a camera :iloveyou:

/lol

Looks like it was a fun day.

Simon
26-03-2006, 09:50 AM
:jester:

bradc
26-03-2006, 10:44 AM
sorry, but green mags?

Simon
26-03-2006, 10:53 AM
sorry, but green mags?

i know........fashion will follow! /pan was a good idea at the time.....makes me stand out from the other white R32's about and didnt want to touch the body work.....dont worry, i only use them on track, ive a "normal" set for the road

Wouter
27-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Once again our club photographer shoots some nice stills. :thumbsup: Nice one Jane.

Looks like you had fun!!

K9NG
27-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Was a great day :2thumbsup, Big thanks to Simon, Claire, Jane, Heath and Graham for a truly entertaining day..Was most enjoyable /Steeringw
Spinning the Barge was fun hey Graham /pan
Graham kindly returned the favour with a few drifts on sat night on our private test track /Devil5

HJM
27-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Graham kindly returned the favour with a few drifts on sat night on our private test track /Devil5

Was even scarier sat in the back whilst I struggled to get my seat belt on - must be the fastest Leggie I've been in /help and also driven by the maddest driver :2thumbsup

How fast can you go around a roundabout in the wet :happy:

Hope Castle Combe is ready next time 'Le Gun' and 'Fritz Mobile' hit the circuit :evilgrin:

H

HJM
27-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Spinning the Barge was fun hey Graham /pan

Do you mean this spin Paul :inquisiti

/note, I didn't take these pics as Paul decided to have his big moment at Tower when I was at Camp /pan /pan

K9NG
28-03-2006, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=HJM]Do you mean this spin Paul :inquisiti

That's the one Jane :dizzy2: :smash:
If you look at the 2nd pic, it's actually Heath going the wrong way :inquisiti
Don't you know Combe is ant-clockwise now /pan

pezza
28-03-2006, 02:13 PM

Truly is the craziest driver around... mr maximum opposite lock! :rolleyes3

Sitting in the back of a Drifting leggie must be one of the most scariest of experiences I reckon...

Looked like a fun day, when's the next meet there?

HJM
28-03-2006, 03:41 PM
If you look at the 2nd pic, it's actually Heath going the wrong way :inquisiti
Don't you know Combe is ant-clockwise now /pan

LOL - you'll have to try better than that /pan