PDA

View Full Version : Workshop day a success!

You See
26-03-2006, 08:21 AM
I'd like to say thanks for all the interest and preparation that everyone went through for todays meet.
Huge thanks to Gly, Mpau009, Kenneth, Jaimz, Osiris and Brad who made the day not only fun and enjoyable but productive!
Great stuff guys...give yourselves a pat on the back. :2thumbsup

Kenneth
26-03-2006, 08:26 AM
I'd like to say thanks for all the interest and preparation that everyone went through for todays meet.
Huge thanks to Gly, Mpau009, Kenneth, Jaimz and Brad who made the day not only fun and enjoyable but productive!
Great stuff guys...give yourselves a pat on the back. :2thumbsup

I second that :)

As said in the other thread, car was just absolutely transformed on the way home.

bradc
26-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Complete list of things done:

Uc's car - intalled new bolt thingees onto hubs, installed spacers on front, removed king springs installed Teins.

Kenneth's car - installed new spark plugs, found rear turbo pipe was very oily, tried to modify impact beam to suit front bumper but it just wasn't going to happen

Osiris's car - installed the new rear brake pads, I saw him play with his fuel pump too, not sure what happened there?

Jaimz's car - installed Uc's old suspension

Gly's car - installed Jaimz's old rear shocks

Mpau's car - tried to drill a hole for cold air feed, didn't get through it with the drill bit we had.

Final conclusion that everyone had was that we need to have these more often, and that a damned good time was had by all :D

Gly
26-03-2006, 10:03 AM
im tired, and have sore feet... :D

man my old shocks were rooted, i can feel the rear end off my cars alot harder...

was a good day, and we should have more, next time we'll try to organise things with more notice so we get materials sorted

You See
26-03-2006, 10:07 AM
im tired, and have sore feet... :D
Must be from all that jumping up and down on your hubs /haz
RE: Materials
I'm still keen on a cold air box solution.

dickytim
26-03-2006, 07:59 PM
just a side note on oily rear turbos I think it is fairly common, I have a small amount of oil in my piping, just enough to catch dust and dirt so all good not enough to worry about tho.

OSiRiS
26-03-2006, 09:58 PM
lol at all the suspension swapping :P

Hehe. Yea I was playing with the fuel pump. I think it's not pressurizing the tank enough -sometimes I can smell petrol from inside the cabin.

Even with a big flathead screwdriver and a hammer turning the ring it seems as if it's really tight. On the way home though I was still getting some sort of cut-out :(

Gotta change the passenger side steering rack boot for WOF which is due before 1st April then on the way is a ATF cooler, air/fuel ratio gauge to see what is happening with the mixture, and then spark plugs then S-AFC tune.

:D

KiwiTT
26-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Well done guys. This is a great initiative to keep these cars running at a low cost. What you guys have done is great.

OSiRiS
26-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Photos are here:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15085

bradc
27-03-2006, 12:47 AM
KiwiTT, we didn't really do any service work though, apart from the plugs, everything else was all upgrade related.

We could aim for a servicing day too, oil changes, etc

OSiRiS
27-03-2006, 12:48 AM
I'm going to do my plugs soon.

Kenneth
27-03-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm going to do my plugs soon.

good stuff. Not a difficult task really, just need some time and the right tools.

You could be having the same issues I was, having misfire instead of fuel cut. I expect the bigger intercooler might just make enough difference to stress the plugs a bit.

Will go cooler plugs when I buy a set.

Oi brad, where is the pic of my old rear plugs?

OSiRiS
27-03-2006, 01:09 AM
I really have to take someone for a ride in my Legnum and see what they think :0

Kenneth
27-03-2006, 01:32 AM
I really have to take someone for a ride in my Legnum and see what they think :0

If I took a ride I may be able to tell you if it feels the same, may need to be driving though.

If your spark plugs are due for a change, I would just change them anyway and see if that helps.

OSiRiS
27-03-2006, 01:37 AM
I don't have a licence so anyone is welcome to drive my car lol :P

Yup spark plugs are on the cards. Also is a fuel pump relay re-wire.