PDA

View Full Version : Here I come...!

Donovan
27-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone..the time is near..
I posted a thread about 3 months ago saying I"ll be comming to england.
I will be in RAF Lakenheath Airforce Base , Brandon , Suffolk , England , on 07 April 06 :) Sooooooo.....
I've been thinking , how much are vr4's usually over there , and I hurd gas was outrageous!! 6 dollars a gallon is that right? , but anyways let me know how much they are and how much the new 06 eclipse and subaru legacy gt's are alright? THANKS!!:afro: :happy:

Nick Mann
27-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Petrol is around 95p per litre. I think US gallons are different to UK? One UK gallon is around £4.30,

so

US$7.50.

There are VR4's for sale in the for sale section of this site, there is no Eclipse here AFAIK and I can't possibly comment on the swearing you also put in your post!

Donovan
27-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Petrol is around 95p per litre. I think US gallons are different to UK? One UK gallon is around £4.30,

so

US$7.50.

There are VR4's for sale in the for sale section of this site, there is no Eclipse here AFAIK and I can't possibly comment on the swearing you also put in your post!

We cant swear on the site , ?...sorry , but wow thats a hefty amount of money for a gallon of gas, makes you not even want to drive I guess. Let me ask something else , I've seen some deals on BMWs like 330ci and m3 so..hopefully I can try to look into one of those also..but I want to drive a vr4! That might change ma mind.

Kieran
27-03-2006, 07:46 PM
We cant swear on the site , ?...sorry.....

/lol

Yeah, you naughty boy! In fact you've sworn twice! First you say Subaru, then BMW! Ye gods! Next you'll be saying British Leyland! /Devil5:joker:

Donovan
27-03-2006, 07:54 PM
/lol

Yeah, you naughty boy! In fact you've sworn twice! First you say Subaru, then BMW! Ye gods! Next you'll be saying British Leyland! /Devil5:joker:

HAHAHH Im sorry about that guys haha..
I see you have a Galant coupe? tell me about that.

g6acb
27-03-2006, 09:15 PM
1 US Gallon is 3.78 litres, so at £0.95 / litre that makes a US Gallon £3.59 or $6.27...........

Compared to $2.25 for premium in North Carolina in February 06.....

I thought one of the perks of working at an Air Force Base was as much cheap / free fuel you could get your mitts on???

Donovan
27-03-2006, 09:25 PM
1 US Gallon is 3.78 litres, so at £0.95 / litre that makes a US Gallon £3.59 or $6.27...........

Compared to $2.25 for premium in North Carolina in February 06.....

I thought one of the perks of working at an Air Force Base was as much cheap / free fuel you could get your mitts on???

Ah..
Well I havent gotten on base yet , but I've heard that yes the gas is cheaper over thur..on base. Which is it cheaper over here also on base , so I will let you all know..

I wonder who all lives near this base which is located half hour from cambridge and 2 hrs from london.

Smokinmasta2
03-04-2006, 09:39 AM
I live not far from Lakenheath/Mildenhall (15 miles ish) - and one of the perks for some of my US service friends/neighbours is TAX FREE (or virtually) fuel from base supply. I think you get an allowance at the very least!!???
Hence why some of the above have Dodge Ram mini trucks and the like!!
However most have a Honda civic/Euro box for commutes etc.
Anyway bud, at least you can buy cheaper food/booze/clothes from 4 seasons and the commisary (spelling???) !!!

Smokin...................

Donovan
25-05-2006, 04:41 PM
thats very tru.. haha
I want to meet you and the vr4 sometime , perhaps this weekend if you arent terribly busy mate

Smokinmasta2
25-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Alas the VR4 has gone m8 - financial probs etc - so now have a small Mercedes C Class (and some some money over to pay outstanding bills!!).......... :(

Donovan
25-05-2006, 08:41 PM
awww dat sucks man!

g6acb
25-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Clicky here http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16582for a second bite at the cherry.....

Donovan
28-05-2006, 11:53 AM
nah..
I already tried to get a loan for 9 thousand..and it didnt work so Im done with it lol but thanks
Im awaiting the arrival of my car here from the states..
my USDM Galant es.