PDA

View Full Version : Poor deluded Sub Legacy GT driver

KiwiTT
06-10-2003, 09:59 PM
I was going up "Queen St" in Auckland, this morning, it has a lot of traffic lights. One set every 100 yards or so.

Next to me was a Sub Legacy GT. At each set of lights, I out-accelerated him to the next red light. Finally, I had to slow for some pedestrians standing in the middle of the street, "jay walking", the Sub took this opportunity and passed me. He passed me and moved in front of me. I could see him looking in his rearview mirror and looking backing grinning.

He'll be saying to himself, "I beat a VR-4". If only he knew the truth; I was just been safe.

Poor deluded soul !!!

Spader
09-10-2003, 07:38 PM
lol. They do that all the time up Queen Street. The mini drag strip in the centre of Auckland.....

tunes
10-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Gunning it up Queen St is pretty risky these days! So often you get officers positioned on the footpath with a mate further up the road on a bike watching for people racing. Got stuck on Queen St by myself last night at around 11:30pm after dropping off my girl and some of her friends into town. Always amusing when you have a car full of drunken bro's sitting beside you! :D

Pescha
11-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Hey Tunes we were in Queen Street on Friday 10th as well at about the same time. Saw one white VR-4 legnum, it wasn't you as it didn't have 'TUNES' on the number plate. Sh!t we must of just missed each other. When we left the city saw the same VR-4 on the motorway heading south, hubby was driving my VR-4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (first time he has driven it since I've owned it for any distance) so I wound down my window and waved at him. Jerk didn't even respond... INSERT INTO post VALUES (I'm known for doing crazy things :lolz: )

Anyway we were on our way home to Huntly, hubby couldn't resist the temptation to race a CRX! Yes, I looked over to him and said "I can't believe you are wasting our gas on a CRX!" he replied "I had to prove a point". Shezzzz please a CRX? Then at Mercer a 1992 V8 Holden just had to get passed us so hubby waited till the next new express way. There was a truck in front of the Holden so as soon as the passing lanes were avaliable the Holden was off, and yes, so were we, surprise surprise! Well..... We get next to him and we were travelling at about 140kms INSERT INTO post VALUES (note I was not driving) Then Hubby went to the tip and put it into 3rd, and yes we were off, the Holden tried then gave up! Then Hubby had the cheek to say "mmmm she does chew thru the gas a bit" DOH! I wonder why hehehe....

Anyway I'm going on... I got some new pics coming tooo of my VR-4, can't wait to share them!

Cheers,
Pescha!

INSERT INTO post VALUES (Just had a thought INSERT INTO post VALUES (and it didnt hurt) us NZ'ers should exchange cell numbers cause we could of caught up with you tunes!)

tunes
11-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Would have to have been quick to catch me on Queen St as i turned out of Shortland and was about 100m before i turned left to head towards the Harbour Bridge. What a stink guy for not waving back! Some people just have no manners at all ;)

Brind
11-10-2003, 10:02 PM
I see we have a new member, apparently they saw a purple Legnum give them the Vee sign and decided to ignore them??? :eek: ;) ;) :D

Pescha
11-10-2003, 10:04 PM
BULL!:nono:

tunes
11-10-2003, 10:44 PM
:biglaugh: