PDA

View Full Version : Ashby Frolville Near Melton Meet

WildCards
28-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Got wind of a regular meet in Ashby Frolville , near Melton Mowbray today.

A mate of mine was in one of the pubs talking business when the chap told him of this event, apparently up to 3000 cars, from classic cars to high performance monsters turn out through the summer months for beer, banter, hog roast and funnies throughout the evening.

I will try and attend at the next one, if anyone else fancies popping along then we could meet up, otherwise, i'll let6 you know how I get on - with pics of course.

W

Physician
29-03-2006, 12:09 AM
When is Summer? :inquisiti

Wodjno
29-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Got wind of a regular meet in Ashby Frolville , near Melton Mowbray today.

A mate of mine was in one of the pubs talking business when the chap told him of this event, apparently up to 3000 cars, from classic cars to high performance monsters turn out through the summer months for beer, banter, hog roast and funnies throughout the evening.

I will try and attend at the next one, if anyone else fancies popping along then we could meet up, otherwise, i'll let6 you know how I get on - with pics of course.

W

When is the Next One ??

WildCards
29-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Well, i'm going to pop along on April 11th to have a butchers, if it's a goer i'll post back and we can do something for May. By all accounts they started this month (14th March).

gaz70
29-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Well, i'm going to pop along on April 11th to have a butchers, if it's a goer i'll post back and we can do something for May. By all accounts they started this month (14th March).

Its down the road for me so i would come:2thumbsup

WildCards
10-04-2006, 12:15 PM
By my reckoning this is tomorrow night. I'll swing by with the camera and see what's going on..if anything. Anyone else fancy a trip?

Could have a beer and some pub grub even if nothin is there, so it won't be a wasted journey.

WildCards
11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Right, I popped along tonight with a few mates to see what was there, and was pleasantly surprised. The meet focuses around the White Swan pub and is alot like the Blue Water meet down south, in that many rich people bring along there expensive toys for a show off.
Not many people turned out tonight, maybe 100 or so, with the majority being vintage and classic cars, but we got chatting to a few regulars aswell as the pub landlord who have said through the summer they get around 3000...yes 3000!! people descending on the village for an evening, with many saying it was the biggest unofficial event of it's type in the UK. This of course remains to be seen.
The pub is nice and caters for all who arrive with a Hog roast round the back and plastic cups/beakers for any refreshments the punters want.

I was impressed and will be going back next month. I'll post a reminder nearer the time and perhaps we could arrange something for those who are local-ish.

Would be good to see the Club represented in some way, as I was told quite a few clubs turn up when the weather is nice.