PDA

View Full Version : mental GiT

Japmetal
07-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Wish me luck folks;

My baby has gone totally mad, so I've had to pull her brains & drop it off to an expert for some emergency treatment. I'm terribly edgy about the whole thing, but I'm told it's an easy op & she'll be back barking & howling & generally terrorising people again in no time :D

[Sensible version; My ECU has dodgy capacitors; my mate says he can swap them out for new ones no worries, but a new ECU is £1000 so until it's all together again I'm bricking it at home :INSERT INTO post VALUES (]

Brind
07-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Have you got any pictures of your car INSERT INTO post VALUES (with its brain still attached) .

Hope it works out well for you.

BraindG
07-10-2003, 07:58 AM
:GL:

Spirit
07-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Yeah good luck mate !

Japmetal
07-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Thanks folks; I've only got one picture of it atm [it's not very photogenic] but I'll post it in the pics section once I sort this d*&% PC out [anyone know where I can see what processes are running on windows 98 at all ? someone must ! heeeeeelllpppp mmmmeeeeeeeeeee :S]

Brind
07-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Not sure but on XP just right click on the toolbar below and then click on taskmanager or words to that effect if you have a different version. :Ponder:

Japmetal
07-10-2003, 10:59 PM
I've tried task manager, but it just shows the programs that are running & not all processes [at least not on '98 it doesnt]

I've basically picked up an annoying 'optional extra' from smoewhere & it's hogging all my memory, so IExplorer is running like crap & I cant get rid of it :'INSERT INTO post VALUES (

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just been told my ECU is ready - should have the car running again on Thursday [cant collect it until tomorrow evening, and the car is stuck at work atm :INSERT INTO post VALUES (]

Kieran
07-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Best way to deal with cheaty programs that don't appear in Task Mangler in Windows 9x is to run MSCONFIG.

Click Start--->Run, and type in MSCONFIG into the box.

When the Window appears, click the 'Startup' tab. You can then see a list of programs that load from the registry and from other places here.

Best method is to untick one program, reboot and see if there's any change in behaviour. Don't worry if something stops working, as nothing is uninstalled - just replace the tick.

A bit long winded, but should see you right:)

See if that works. If not, there's also a registry hack you can try, but it's more risky - no room for mistakes! If you're getting no joy, let us know and I'll post the hackINSERT INTO post VALUES (if I can find the &£$^£ng thing!)...

Kieran

Japmetal
11-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys; I'll have a fiddle later on

update on car; ECU has been running sweet as for 2 days now, no hint of any previous problems - It's even cured a few niggly things in the running, too !

today's project; head for the scrapyard, see if the Galant GLS they just got in has any useful bits I need to start making my baby my own :cool1: