View Full Version : Bradc

You See
31-03-2006, 11:24 AM
wanna come to town??

oh wait you arnt allowed to drive... its after ten.. restricted licence,

ahahah from gly

bradc
31-03-2006, 11:52 AM
hah whatever :) Are you running your car tomorrow morning or are you too much of a pussy?

I'll be in town tomorrow night, what are you silly bitches doing?

Funkstar
31-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Whats a "restricted licence"?

What you been up to bradc you naughty boy.

Gly
31-03-2006, 02:34 PM
no brad, hes sorting his brakes... btw i posted that when i was a UCs house :D

You See
31-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Brad doesn't trust anything from me, well not after I sent emails from his work PC and signed it off as him..../haz

bradc
31-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Funkstar - over here you need to pay for your learners license, then restricted, then full license, and I'm just too lazy to get my full.

Uc - what's wrong with your brakes now? Does this forum have a chicken smiley?

detonate
01-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm just too lazy to get my full.

Holy ****, really ?

How the hell do you get insurance?

Infact what is everyone paying for insurance, out of interest? (ponders starting a new thread)
*hijack* /pan

Rossco Type-S
01-04-2006, 11:11 AM
How the hell do you get insurance?

Infact what is everyone paying for insurance, out of interest? (ponders starting a new thread)
*hijack* /pan

I am on restricted as well, insurance isn't too bad (about $40 per fortnight including house and contents)

bradc
01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
I got my insurance through the company my parents have used for ~20 years for their business, houses, cars, etc, so I was given a very good rate, it is in my name though. My excess is only $500 :)

Detonate - can you really hijack a thread that has no point at all in the first place? :D

detonate
01-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Detonate - can you really hijack a thread that has no point at all in the first place? :D

My powers are amazing :P

hrm, so like, I'm assuming you guys are >25 ?

I'm 23 and paying about $92/mnth for full cover on my VR4 and $20k worth of house and contents.

(Living in Auckland doesn't help either of the premiums *sigh* )

bradc
02-04-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm 21, bought my GDI when I was 18 and my VR-4 when I was 20 :)

dreamer
02-04-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm 24, I have lost my license twice for speeding, no accidents, do 60,000KM's - 75,000KMs a year and live / work in Auckland and my VR-4 is not Garaged (is alarmed though).
And now I'm paying $90 a month.

detonate
02-04-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm 24, I have lost my license twice for speeding, no accidents, do 60,000KM's - 75,000KMs a year and live / work in Auckland and my VR-4 is not Garaged (is alarmed though).

Wonders will never cease :P

ShadyNZer
02-04-2006, 04:44 AM
u got your full license? who you with for insurance?

dreamer
02-04-2006, 05:12 AM
I'm with State Insurance, and I have my full license.

I thought I'd put up my position so ppl can make a comparison when looking for Insurance.

mpau009
02-04-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm with State Insurance, and I have my full license.

I thought I'd put up my position so ppl can make a comparison when looking for Insurance.

20 (at the time), male, and state insurance didn't even want to know what type of car i had:sad3:/Grrr
I'm paying about $1250 a year, full clean liscence, full insurance record (V6-STR) for past 2 years... Every year it comes down a fair bit tho.

Thats with no other insurance, house etc.

Pete M
04-04-2006, 04:21 AM
/Grrr
For the benefit of UK readers here... Third party (or any) insurance is not compulsory in NZ. In UK the cost of and ability to get insurance for your car helps keep young drivers out of performance cars. In NZ there are no such problems, so any driver can drive anything, no matter how powerful the car, and how inexperienced they are. :baby: There are the inevitable accidents, so many of these young drivers die, along with their passengers and other innocent road users. The introduction of compulsory third party insurance in NZ is being stalled by the car dealer lobby, who are afraid of how much business they will lose.

:iloveyou:
Of course no-one on CVR4 forums would be foolish enough to drive without insurance, so it's good to see that you are all covered.

mpau009
04-04-2006, 05:46 AM
In NZ there are no such problems, so any driver can drive anything, no matter how powerful the car, and how inexperienced they are.

But is it worth it???/STP /pan

I certainly don't think you should be able to get into a VR4 at 15, (or a GTR skyline) As some parents will allow. But come on, i'm sick of hearing that idiots with no WOF,REG or liscence are now up to $70000 in fines, have killed a pedestrian, or that more kids are being killed, but i think these are the type of people who will do stupid sh!t anyway.
Mean while why should i miss out? I believe that insurance companies can hide huge profits behind the age of the driver. I am happy being judged on my driving history. My conversation went literally: Hello, Whats your age sir?. 20. I'm sorry we are unable to offer you service at this point. Hang up./Grrr

But yes, third party insurance should 100% be compulsory, or else we beat you with a big stick... but it should be equal and fair, until you prove yourself otherwise, not the other way round.

>end rant...
>
>now.

WildCards
04-04-2006, 12:50 PM
My insurance is £1100 which equates to $3,192.72

I'm 24, 5 yrs NCB, 1 claim, fully comp.

I'm emigrating!!!

dreamer
04-04-2006, 11:36 PM
/Grrr

Of course no-one on CVR4 forums would be foolish enough to drive without insurance, so it's good to see that you are all covered.

I would of thought that too, but I was shocked when I learnt a certain member in NZ didn't have insurance... or a license at present. /pan /pan /pan

Kind of made me want to keep my distance from them when we were on the road... at least this person had the courtorsy to let me know they weren't insured / legal to drive!

detonate
05-04-2006, 05:19 AM
Ia certain member in NZ didn't have insurance... or a license at present.

/pan /pan /pan

(Just felt it needed a few more pans :D )

I had an "issue" with my last car, and the ASSHAT that caused the accident didn't have any insurance, and ofcourse I only had 3rd party /pan

http://gallery.helix.net.nz/view_album.php?set_albumName=****ed-WARDRV <--- pics for your amusement :@

So if anyone knows of a Teejay Roach..... he owes me a couple of grand.

(bah, silly censorship, we're all big lads now aren't we? we don't need mummy clubvr4.com protecting us for the big bad freedom of speech)
Replace the **** in that URL with "F u c k" no spaces obviously, but the F needs to be capitol)

Infact, use this one instead, and just click into the subalbum

http://gallery.helix.net.nz/view_album.php?set_albumName=96libero

Gly
05-04-2006, 05:52 AM
well me last accedent was caused by me..
one morning.. early on the way to work.. wasnt paying full attension.

pulled out if front of a van with bull bars,
i had no insurance,

so now im still paying for my old car,
his van repairs and
my legnum

now im fully insured, just incase... just not worth it,
i learnt my lession the hard way

detonate
05-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Gutted, was that just a viento?

Gly
05-04-2006, 07:36 AM
VZS, 2L dohc N/A, Manual

lowered on jamex springs, 2" exhaust to dytech muffler, 16" oz wheels, bridgestone potenzas,
tints, full VR4 facelift kit. lots of sounds,

only just had the motor fully rebuilt,

was totaly gutted when i had to start parting it out..
i still miss that car

ShadyNZer
06-04-2006, 09:38 PM
ive had a ding on my car for a couple weeks now, getting fixed today by the dude who usually does my sh!t on my car...
was down mission bay, car tail gated me for a bit then tried to over take on median, looked and seen it was a subi so dropped the gear and floored it, he had to turn at the next left, which he did, then SPLURT wasnt too bad but still he got out holding invisible barrells under his arms thinkin i was guna be a pussy lil chap then stopped when i got out and wanted to slap my hand...shot broooo :thumbsup:

but yeah that was dumb on my part...i needed to breatheeee and relaxxxxxx