PDA

View Full Version : Its ALIVE!

BraindG
07-10-2003, 03:08 PM
its been running - sounds ok.. but exhaust wasnt on so sounded like crap.. and woke up all the neigbours no doubt..

but.. we put it all together and se wont start again.. jsut keep turning over and not kicking in...
so disconnected ecu.. might be flooded.. going to work on suspension now.. and try it again once the battery is charged up..

but the main thing is.. it worked.. but wont know for sure till its running again...

enigma
07-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Fantastic news! Well done! You'll be posting 60 second 1/4 miles in no time!!!! :D

Nick VR4
07-10-2003, 03:47 PM
nice one mate :)

Kieran
07-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Phew!

You'll be right:) It'll be ok. If it's fired once and kept running, it'll do so again!

Bet it was a nervous moment when you turned that key!

:thumb: :sunny:

Spirit
07-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Great news mate :cool1: !!!!!!

Just needed a little faith and all of us praying for you last night and there you go :D

Keep us updated on how the rest goes mate

Brind
07-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Spot on mate! bet you're chuffed to bits! :D
Still a fair few days left so no doubt we will all be seeing her soon.

BraindG
07-10-2003, 07:17 PM
yeah... i was sh$£*!ng my self when i turned that key!.. i actually panicked and turned it off.. cos of the noise from the exhaust.. or should i say lack of it.. but it kept running cos he sprayed some stuff into filter.. not sure what it was, but it caused her to keep running for about 20-30 seconds..

i was a freaking out!...
all the front suspension is on now..
getting new discs/pads tomorrow.. fit them.. and I can take her on the road..

ive come to the conclusion that the engine isn’t getting any fuel.. hence it not starting up.. at the minute its on my drive pointing up, at about a 10 degree angle? Not much but maybe enough just to stop it working right.. tomorrow ill be getting some more fuel.. and dragging the car out onto the main road.. on the flat.. INSERT INTO post VALUES (after ive don’t the brakes of course)… if it still wont work.. perhaps a bump will get her going..

but ill see when the time comes..
but yes.. im a happy bunny..

and here she is.. oh. and the cock of a mechanic put the engine cover on.. didnt know how it went on and snapped the bloody thing! argh.. but me thinks a bit of superglue will sort that out.. INSERT INTO post VALUES (bastard.)

BraindG
07-10-2003, 07:20 PM
and this little twat of a thing took me 1hr to get off!.. argh.. the bottom left bit was rounded off INSERT INTO post VALUES (mo might remember that initially) so i was trying all sorts of things. ended up finding a long pole.. heating up the bolt with a blow torch and used my masculinity to undo the bolt.. christ it was hard going.. kept having these swearing outbursts at the top of my voice.. eheehe..

and in a mad outburst i brok the rubber seal :Cry1: more moeny down the drain when it comes to MOT time

zedy1
07-10-2003, 09:32 PM
yep your right i told you it was abit of a bastard

Japmetal
07-10-2003, 10:53 PM
YAY ! Glad to hear you got it running again; just goes to show what a bit of perseverance & some helpful photos can do !! :D

Spirit
07-10-2003, 11:47 PM
If I recall mate those anti roll bar links are about £25 a piece so not too bad

Pescha
08-10-2003, 04:32 AM
:kissy3: :coolio: :bighug: Yaaaaaa!!!

We knew you could do it! :thumb1:

Cheers,
Pescha!