PDA

View Full Version : More is always More...

mpau009
01-04-2006, 05:20 AM
Just to prove to you that i can actually finish something i start, heres how the hole cutting and intake piping from the workshop day turned out.

Certainly seems to make a bit of a difference, if only in throttle response. Especially on the motorway, you can really hear the turbos even at 9psi:happy:

I decided that a more is more approach would be best, if 1 is good, 4 must be better....

and i think the electrical tape does wonders for the look.../pan

Still not as good as a sealed cold air box, but for $4NZ i'm happy.

Iv still got about 5meters left if anyone else wants to have a go... But the hole drill is ruined, it definately was meant for cutting wood.:party3:

Gly
01-04-2006, 06:00 AM
you make another drill smoke???

mpau009
01-04-2006, 06:11 AM
you make another drill smoke???

Nah, all the teeth started comming off the drill bit... it was pretty blunt after the workshop day, I looked at getting a proper metal one, but for $40 it wasn't worth it. Couldn't get the jigsaw in there either.

In the end i drilled about 20 smaller holes, cut it out, and filed it round. Took a while, but you wouldn't know the difference now.

You See
01-04-2006, 06:39 AM
This just goes to show there's plenty of room for ducting! /haz

Xeroid
04-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Looks like you got a silver octopus living in your engine bay ... should get the cold stuff in though

mpau009
04-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Looks like you got a silver octopus living in your engine bay ... should get the cold stuff in though

:happy: ha, maybe thats what i should name my car...:afro:

As for how well it works... i'm not sure, works great on the motorway, but i think the computer and sensors don't like the temp changes from stop start stuff.

A cold box is still my favourite idea. Oneday...

ShadyNZer
04-04-2006, 11:29 AM
know of anyone with a cold air box in their legnum/galant? wouldnt mind seeing what they look like...

You See
04-04-2006, 11:41 AM
know of anyone with a cold air box in their legnum/galant? wouldnt mind seeing what they look like...
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15187&highlight=air+box

ShadyNZer
06-04-2006, 09:32 PM
oh ok, shot, does it matter what type of steel it can be? i fvck with big sheets of metal at work aluminium and sh!t...could grab the scraps and make one some how some day in the very distant future...