PDA

View Full Version : Wellsford Run

Kenneth
02-04-2006, 02:07 AM
I was thinking in 2 weeks time, 16th of April. However I can make any week, including next week ;)

dreamer
02-04-2006, 02:21 AM
Sounds good to me. I get paid on the 15th so I'll be able to make it.

With any luck, I'll find time to squeese in a Service and brake pad change after getting paid, and before heading up State Highway 16.

Looking forward to it.

mpau009
02-04-2006, 02:25 AM
I put 16th aswell, but any time thats not next sunday is cool. You lot can just collect me on the way or something. -Is this gonna be a day thing, or night?:thinking: (i vote for night:))

Kenneth
02-04-2006, 02:29 AM
It will be day time. Want to easily be able to see who is who. (and who is blue, yellow and white :P)

Though to be honest, most of the way will be at a reasonable speed, fast but not balls to the wall.

Think of it as driving practice... :)

detonate
02-04-2006, 02:34 AM
keen

bradc
02-04-2006, 02:36 AM
sounds good, is there any chance that if my car isn't ready we can postpone it until the 23rd?

mpau009
02-04-2006, 02:39 AM
It will be day time. Want to easily be able to see who is who. (and who is blue, yellow and white :P)

Though to be honest, most of the way will be at a reasonable speed, fast but not balls to the wall.

Think of it as driving practice... :)

Drove up there this new years, with my mates mazda familia (aka the crapmobile), - we got their 25 minutes before him... ;)

Mind you most of the time you get stuck behind a boat or someone, and its a pain road to pass on..

GroundControl
02-04-2006, 02:52 AM
Drove up there this new years, with my mates mazda familia (aka the crapmobile), - we got their 25 minutes before him... ;)

Mind you most of the time you get stuck behind a boat or someone, and its a pain road to pass on..
yeah i've done SH16 a few times now as Jude's parents live up north - it's a fantastic road if you've got a good run at it, but it sucks if you get stuck behind someone, cause there's sod-all safe places to pass on it.

And I'm keen, but the 16th is smack in the middle of the long easter weekend and I'm probably going to be away then /pan (so I vote for a different weekend /yes)

Kenneth
02-04-2006, 02:59 AM
Well, it looks like the 16th is most popular at this point in time... but if 23rd becomes more popular then that'll be it.

I have never had a bad run up there... but on a public holiday... never know.

dreamer
02-04-2006, 03:00 AM
True, I hadn't even thought of Easter!

Maybe the weekend after will be better. Doesn't really make too much difference to me at the moment. My Missus is away for a month. I would perfer the 16th, but can be flexible.

mpau009
02-04-2006, 03:07 AM
True, I hadn't even thought of Easter!
Maybe the weekend after will be better. I would perfer the 16th, but can be flexible.

Yeah, i can do the 23rd, if thats better for the rest, and if Brad can get his car together....

bradc
02-04-2006, 03:41 AM
You might be right about the easter weekend, there might be a lot of cops about and a lot of traffic, maybe the 23rd is a better option

You See
02-04-2006, 04:04 AM
First of all, I'm not wussing out.....tho I won't be around on most of those dates, I'm heading over to Aussie for a bit.
Secondly, I know some of you (cough Kenneth cough Brad cough Gly) won't accept that...so bah! :P

Gly
03-04-2006, 11:24 AM
ill accept it if you lend me your car while your away.

its so much fun to drive im still tryn to wipe the grin off my face from the tripto tok.

althou the cluch is a bit of a pain. its ****en fast

bradc
03-04-2006, 11:43 AM
haha, sounds like you had fun :) Who paid for the gas?

What is the final decision on the run? 23rd?

agilroy
03-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey guys, never posted on here before. But keen to come for a cruise
and meet you all etc.
Ant'z

Kenneth
03-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, the 16th still has the most votes :P

But can put it down for the 23rd. Sorry Jonno, but easter weekend is going to be a bastard with traffic :(

I'll start a new thread sometime this week.

jaimz
03-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Can't make the 23rd I'm afraid guys (in York St recording our EP!! :2thumbsup)... but we'll see which date is decided.
Better make sure someone's got a GOOD radar detector... public holidays are the best time to get caught - and the road from Wellsford is one of the only 2 places I ever HAVE been caught /Grrr

Bring on a track day I say..! Then we'll sort the men from the... not-men... :evilgrin:

jaimz
03-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Oh yeah, welcome agilroy! Good to have another nutter on board! :2thumbsup

Kenneth
03-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Can't make the 23rd I'm afraid guys (in York St recording our EP!! :2thumbsup)... but we'll see which date is decided.

Good news and bad news, pity you cant make it but good luck with recording!

Better make sure someone's got a GOOD radar detector... public holidays are the best time to get caught - and the road from Wellsford is one of the only 2 places I ever HAVE been caught /Grrr

My radar detector hasn't let me down yet ;)

Bring on a track day I say..! Then we'll sort the men from the... not-men... :evilgrin:

Yeah, I agree... But Track days are hard on the brakes, which need replacing in my car :P lol

jaimz
03-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I agree... But Track days are hard on the brakes, which need replacing in my car :P lol

You can give your brakes the send off they really deserve! As long as they don't send YOU off :inquisiti

Talking of tracks, my company's involved in the assessment of the new race track proposed for Hampton Downs - I've seen the circuit, and it looks like a monster!!
Can't say any more at this point (confidential), so don't ask... just dream!

mpau009
04-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Can't say any more at this point

...a picture says a thousand words....:afro::thinking:

But yeah id be keen for a track day at some point, iv never done one. Those iv talked to say theyre great fun. Even tho my dad put his Legacy GTB into the gravel at 150. /pan. (He blamed the brakes as well...:pimp2: )

Maybe for sometime towards the end of the year?

mpau009
04-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Mind you, once your CD takes off, you'll probably be able to shout us all...:2thumbsup/Devil5/Poms :drummer:

jaimz
04-04-2006, 03:57 AM
Hell, we'll do a gig at the Pukekohe raceway..!
Nothing like a bit of stadium rock to get the punters along!! :drummer:

I wish... (sigh)...

dickytim
04-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Damn off to Aussie for the rest of the month as of next week :(

detonate
04-04-2006, 12:16 PM
So have we decided on a date yet?

Easter weekend is out for me (even though I voted a yes on it)
I'm now going to go for a drive up to the Bay of Islands :D should be an equally fun drive