PDA

View Full Version : Roling Road results - what next

Nutter_John
03-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi All

When the car was in the other week getting a service and Cambelt change I also asked them to do a power run on the dyno . The results are attach and I think they seem a ok if not a little low . But the real Question is what do I do about it

I'm open to comments and suggestions

Cheers John

Nick Mann
03-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Not that low assuming your car is standard, but does seem that it should be a bit higher. Have you got a g-tech?

Are you running on super unleaded or just premium? Have you re-set the ECU recently?

bradc
04-04-2006, 08:25 AM
That is about 140kw at the wheels, which is quite a bit lower than the scores we saw in NZ a couple of weeks ago, most stock-ish cars had 155kw-175kw

Nutter_John
04-04-2006, 10:03 AM
hi guys

too answer Nicks questions

>Not that low assuming your car is standard, but does seem that it should be a bit >higher. Have you got a g-tech?

Sorry I don't have a G-tech

>Are you running on super unleaded or just premium?

I am using Tesco's finest petrol range (99ron) and have been for a while )

>Have you re-set the ECU recently?

Unless they re-set the ECU as part for the service then it is not something I've done .

The car has a HKS exzorst and a HKS pod filter other than that no mods have been done to effect performance

Cheers John

Nick Mann
04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
So first thing, check this thread: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5420
Maybe your car can help you find the problem.

Second thing, disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes - that should reset the ECU - maybe the ECU has decided to haul in the reigns for some reason, so resetting it should allow it to start again.

Third thing is direct comparison. Find someone with a g-tech and measure your 0-60 and power at the wheels. That is the most common measure of performance on these forums and whilst they are not amazingly accurate, they give reliable results.

Kenneth
04-04-2006, 11:02 AM
We had a 140kw ATW at the NZ dyno day. Was a facelift manual that ran 8psi of boost flat. Basically the only car that had the boost control working as it should :P

Also the pod filter. Best results have been had with standard airbox setups. Try that.

Nutter_John
08-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Quick update - reset the ecu and feels quicker but have found another probel now :( . The clutch is slipping so this is not helping the acceleration

Time to get the clucth changed before looking at adding more power

Cheers John

soapy1978
09-04-2006, 12:03 AM
let me know how much you can get the cluth and fitted for as thinking mine is on its way or it is at high boost but seems o.k whith that controller turned off 0.5 bar is low and 1.0 bar is high

Axeboy
09-04-2006, 12:11 AM
is it clutch be pooped day?

me 2